Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Fulham (H) | 03/01/23 | Post-Match Thread

No doubt about it - we are bang in a relegation scrap - the 1st half of that game we were absolutely pathetic- handed them the goal with such poor play - Ndidi is a shambles of the player he was- I don’t think he found a team mate all night with a 5 yard pass - laughable really - Amartey simply isn’t good enough - ward simply isn’t good enough - Thomas isn’t good enough - Perez isn’t good enough - what on earth happened to faes at the World Cup - is that his brother that’s come back - looks all over the place - vardy unfortunately for us all is finished - heartbreaking- the second half was actually relatively ok against an average team but no quality anywhere at all apart from tielemans who was very decent - we should pick up enough points but it’s going to be a long second half of the season - I’m afraid our last 10 years of absolute ecstasy is fast coming to an end - we will be the constant though - bring on the next 10 - always there and supporting our team - blue army 

• Like 1

Utterly rubbish. Where do you even start? 

Distinct lack of confidence flowing through the team. Can't score for shit. Easy for teams to score against us. Too many players taking their places for granted. Two more injuries to take into account. 

We're screwed without a new manager as well as some investment. 

Struggling to see where the next win comes from in the league. May not even be until March. I'd give Gillingham a good chance of beating us purely because they'll just want it more. 

• Like 1

We were poor, but We have also played worse and won..It was a classic performance of a team shot of confidence. Terrified of Fulham ffs, til they scored, at which point were were forced out from a comatose state into something resembling effort..

We actually created more chances than usual. Barnes 1v1. Vardy through twice. Perez missing a glaring chance at far post. 2 x Youri specials a whisker away. 

Should've subbed off Wilf  (who I love to bits,) earlier. And we gotta play 2 up top. We gotta start being brave and rolling the dice. We lose anyways,.so may as well die trying 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The decline of this club really is something to behold.

It's absolute negligence. We had a squad full of 22-25 year olds wanted by bigger clubs three years ago. Now we're like this. Yet nobody appears to be accountable.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan

It was abundantly clear in the summer that Leicester needed a re-direction. A freshening up of manager and ideas. 
We stuck with Rodgers and we are now reaping what we didn’t sow.

I also dared to suggest that our squad actually isn’t very good, and got the usual criticism which I’ve learnt is par for the course on FT.

‘Don’t only look at current league position. Look at how we are playing.

Despite the huff and puff tonight, Fulham were much the more controlled side. They knew what they were doing and stuck to a game plan.

Our CB’s made yet another error, they scored and sat back in the 2nd half. 
Going a goal down again put our attacking players under pressure and we snatched at chances.

What with apparently no money and our injuries, the outlook is bleak.

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's absolute negligence. We had a squad full of 22-25 year olds wanted by bigger clubs three years ago. Now we're like this. Yet nobody appears to be accountable.

A big reason why I’ve stopped going. The club has become a shit show 

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, Mythyaar said:

There are 5 worse teams than us: Leeds, Saints, Bournemouth, Forest and Everton. We should just about survive.

I think Everton will sack Lampard, Forest will beat us at their place and Leeds have far more fight than we do.
Bournemouth are shite and alas I think Southampton could finally go down this season due to years of under-investment.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It was abundantly clear in the summer that Leicester needed a re-direction. A freshening up of manager and ideas. 
We stuck with Rodgers and we are now reaping what we didn’t sow.

I also dared to suggest that our squad actually isn’t very good, and got the usual criticism which I’ve learnt is par for the course on FT.

‘Don’t only look at current league position. Look at how we are playing.

Despite the huff and puff tonight, Fulham were much the more controlled side. They knew what they were doing and stuck to a game plan.

Our CB’s made yet another error, they scored and sat back in the 2nd half. 
Going a goal down again put our attacking players under pressure and we snatched at chances.

What with apparently no money and our injuries, the outlook is bleak.

I still think we have a core of players who are good enough to get us out of this, but not without a fresh approach and some serious backside kicking. 

5 minutes ago, Mythyaar said:

There are 5 worse teams than us: Leeds, Saints, Bournemouth, Forest and Everton. We should just about survive.

Everton will sack lampard tomorrow and be ok, Leeds are better than us.you better hope you’re right about the other 3.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We lost and we were very poor up until they scored, it’s the same old garbage we have been seeing for a while now. 

Which was the 17th minute. 

We battered them for 60 minutes of the game. 

Just now, Bert said:

True but why can’t we do that before going 1 down… started the game so slow and this isn’t the first time, conceding goals inside the first 20 or so is happening to often for it to be down to just bad luck 

24 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Anybody who said we played crap didn't watch the game

We didn't play crap in the first 2 thirds of the pitch (we played poor at times but seldom crap) BUT we were crap in the final third. Usual story really. Decision making and quality in that final third was appalling. Vards is finished. Barnes is as thick as shiite, Pérez is.... Well Pérez. 

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, Bert said:

I have to hand it to you Bert, you’ll usually find the silver lining.

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Agree with you bert- we have played a lot worse than that this season  - second half was relatively ok just such crap end product- no quality when you need it - frustrating- desperately need some quality in the door 

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

A big difference between the two teams was the early injuries.

Soumare wanted to come off as soon as he took a knock. Didn’t bother having five mins on to try and run it off or let us get the sub ready. 

Mitrovic takes a whack, stays on and scores. 

Soft. 

I don't disagree with your overall point but if he's got a hamstring injury, which is certainly what it looked like, there's surely no point in him staying on and potentially aggravating it for the sake of looking brave.

I could only watch the first half but from what i seen it was just another negative approach to a match.

it doesn't seem to matter who we play but we can almost guarantee we will start with one upfront :thumbdown: