Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
frany104

Time for the owners to sell up

On 04/01/2023 at 00:12, Babylon said:

We looked dead and buried under Ranieri for a long time. Pearson withstood being at the foot of the table almost an entire season. 

He has credit in the bank with them, and I think they would prefer to muddle on through to the summer if at all possible. 

Even the next one…summer that is.If they accept him now,then they will accept him for any rebuild & development..

On 06/01/2023 at 11:45, StanSP said:

I don't buy programmes any more and haven't done so for a good few years. 

What have the recent chairman comments been like, if anyone has bought them? I know they're generally full of clichés and more of what people want to hear, but just wondered if anything had been said about direction of the club or how the owners see the current form/standing in the league. 

Right so you won't pay out for a programme but expect someone who has to read one out for you?:D

• Haha 1

On 04/01/2023 at 13:02, Ric Flair said:

It's a bit of a potential red herring on getting loads off the wage bill this summer. We've supposedly offered Evans, Soyuncu and Amartey new deals. There's been talk that ideally Rodgers wants Perez to stay and most definitely we are desperate for Tielemans to stay. None of these players are in it for a pay cut are they? So it's very confusing on what on earth we are going to do. 

We seem to have to move players on but at the same time refuse to sell fringe players unless it meets our valuation, rather than with the main goal of getting them gone and free up wages.

The more I type all this, the more confused I am and the more angry I get at how this club is being ran. I hope I'm very misunderstood or clueless, it wouldn't surprise me.

Don’t worry…We are all clueless as shit…

great posters,till I die posters, quite intellectual dialog posters,the whole melting pot of posters, Knob head posters,

We have 2 things in common, we are…and stay clueless and are loyal loving Leicester fans..

oh we even have those worse of days,where we only look forward to laughing at Forest & Tottenham results…

At least Top has KP, we only have our terrace commiserations..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 07/01/2023 at 11:31, sacreblueits442 said:

...the investment brought in by King Power enabled us to get ourselves out of the Championship!!!

We would more than likely still be there if KP had not chosen to invest and defer payback of monies that they had put into the club, and converted to shares.

The consortium who put in money to get us out of administration never got their money back, we were floundering. 

All that has comes from their involvement with the club, winning the league, the Premier league and FA Cup, playing in the Champions League, playing in Europe, does not happen,  we needed to have had the finance available, in order to have been able to be in a position to achieve all this.

Their investment changed everything!!

It was a calculated, low risk gamble that paid off. 

Since then i would love to know what investment they've made themselves.

11 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

It was a calculated, low risk gamble that paid off. 

Since then i would love to know what investment they've made themselves.

...it was always going to be self sustainability!!!

They were always a safety net for the club, and we were thankful that they were there.

Putting their hands in their pockets was not what they had set out to do.

• Like 1

I don’t think it even needs them to put their hands in their pockets too much. It need us to spend every penny we generate and with this look for some extra revenue sources.

At the minute it doesn’t look like we are doing either. 
I really don’t want them to sell up, and I love the work they’ve done since they’ve been here, but, our approach does need to change if we are going to be competitive in this league.

• Like 2

On 05/01/2023 at 22:01, MancFox24 said:

Or maybe there's been more injuries because we've been a successful team who go deeper into cup competitions and play in Europe without the squad to be able to rotate. And maybe that's the reason Rodgers said that the squad needed a refresh in the summer (and only got told there was no money when they returned for pre season). And alot of the players that we need to get rid of are ones that were bought before Rodgers got here- Soyuncu, Mendy and Iheanacho. Alot of our recruitment was shit long before Rodgers got here.

As for alienating squad members, I just don't see it. I can only remember him calling out 3 players by name since he got here. Under, Soyuncu (who he stayed loyal to for way too long) and Vestegaard (a panic buy after Fofana broke his leg- but I guess this was Rodger’s fault as well). As bad as we've been at times this year, I don't get the impression the players aren't playing for him.

The funny thing is I'm defending a bloke I don't really like that much. He can be arrogant and self serving. But he's been one of the most successful managers in our history- that success wasn't all because of him in the same way the failings now aren't. I just don't get and will never get the utter hatred some fans seem to have towards him.  

Soyuncu, Mendy and Iheanacho hardly play for us. If they hardly see the pitch then how are they at fault for the results on it. In fact I would argue that all three of those players are good enough that they should be being utilised more than they are and are only struggling because Rodgers is so quick to turn a cold shoulder.

I mean have we forgotten last season where Mendy was technically in our best XI in the league but wasn't even in our Europa Conference league squad so we couldnt play him in those games. When squad management decisions are being made this blatantly poorly it's hard to ever look beyond Rodgers to find fault with the state of this squad.

In reality, we’re trying to comply with a rule that UEFA have found hard to govern in FFP. The Premier League is the “Super League” in everything but name and a Billionaires playground.

I think the UEFA FFP rules state that clubs can not make losses of more than €30 million over a three-year period. Whereas Premier League teams are allowed to lose £105,000,000 over a three year period. They also limit owners from pumping money in. 

PSG and Man City have both challenged the rules about owner investment and won cases with Uefa in the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Are we trying to comply though, or is a convenient excuse for the owners not to invest money into the club and play the “operating within terms” card and running a sustainable business? 

If we want a seat at the Premier League table long term, we might need to start to challenge the rules like others and have additional income from others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 04/01/2023 at 07:29, Mr Weller 2 said:

There’s a lot of ungrateful people on here and with short memories too. Leicester City were transformed by the Thai owners-without them there would have been no title win, no European football, no FA cup win and no stadium expansion. They have even lost the head of their family in a tragic accident at the club. 

How some people can dismiss all that and not show an ounce of respect or gratitude for everything they have done for us beggars belief. If they are reading this drivel how will they feel? Will it make them feel appreciated or will they just feel like jacking it in? 

Frankly, some people don’t deserve to have owners like ours.

I ahve amazing gratitude for all they have helped us achieve... i also am permanently indebted to the GOAT Vardy.... however, if you are no longer able to do what the club needs, then perhaps its time to say... "you are welcome to visit here anytime and we will enthusiastically applaud you. But we need to find another who can provide what this club needs"

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

They were always a safety net for the club, and we were thankful that they were there.

Very true and let's be honest, it's really a very similar model to every other teams in the Premiership outside the top few.

Basically, at one point, our business in the transfer had a touch of genius about it. Buy low sell high allowed mostly decent reinvestment.

Something however started to go drastically wrong. The hierarchy including the director of football stayed the same but there were changes in certain of the recruitment/scouting set up and possibly working methods. Some possibly down to the influence of Rodgers and his mate Congerton, neither of which had a great record in that area, some of it possibly not.

We now have the new chap from Southampton who's previous history isn't exactly transparent or mind blowing. Plus,  we still have Rodgers who, quite frankly, seems quite a dud in that area. If they back him and his choices I do tend to fear the worst.

From a team where we once had grit, determination, personality and leadership on the pitch, Schmeichel, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs, Drinkwater, Albrighton, Kante and Vardy, we now have a soft underbelly of players that will just slavishly follow the whims of a charlatan of a manager who only wants to employ clones.

• Like 1

I love the owners, they’ve been absolutely amazing for us, but all good things come to an end eventually - they are legends but if they can’t afford to run a premier league club or be competitive I’d rather spin the wheel and let someone else with adequate finances take over, because right now we will be getting relegated in the next 3-5 year regardless. So what do we have to lose.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Fox92 said:

No it didn't. Nigel Pearson enabled us to get out of the Championship.

If it was as easy as investment to get out of the Championship then Sousa and, especially, Sven would have done it.

Pearson won League One then took practically the same squad, which wasn't great and certainly not as strong as other squads that season, within touching distance of a play off final. Pearson would have got us up with or without King Power, I have no doubt about it.

Without King Power? (with Mandaric?)

Dream on kitty.

3 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

I love the owners, they’ve been absolutely amazing for us, but all good things come to an end eventually - they are legends but if they can’t afford to run a premier league club or be competitive I’d rather spin the wheel and let someone else with adequate finances take over, because right now we will be getting relegated in the next 3-5 year regardless. So what do we have to lose.

YESSS. agree. Its time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

Who are these people? Where are they? Why do you think they will do what few other owners do and spend their own money, rather than just bundle debt onto the club?

These people are few and far between, they will want a return on their investment. 

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I just find it crazy that after a decade of being told "respect is a big thing in Thailand" that the owners seem totally fine with Rodgers very publicly bleating on about the lack of support from them at every opportunity.

Because he’s always praising them and telling us how much they’ve done…. “ Ps. Did you know we’ve not spent much… well we have, we’ve spent a lot, but I’ll use net spend as a get out.”

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I just find it crazy that after a decade of being told "respect is a big thing in Thailand" that the owners seem totally fine with Rodgers very publicly bleating on about the lack of support from them at every opportunity.

One of the only things I can come up with is that Top agrees with Rodgers and feels let down by middle management. Seeing it as their fault Brendan has no money to spend .🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Without King Power? (with Mandaric?)

Dream on kitty.

You are aware we were within a few kicks of the play off final the season before King Power? Ok, we might not have won the Premier League, but to suggest we were never getting there again is ridiculous.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

You could get a multi billionaire in but unless he blew Rodgers out I doubt things would change. 

13 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

So a 0 net spend since getting in the Premier League and then as soon as we don't sell anyone we don't buy a single player? Even Mike Ashley had a higher net spend

8 hours ago, Sly said:

In reality, we’re trying to comply with a rule that UEFA have found hard to govern in FFP. The Premier League is the “Super League” in everything but name and a Billionaires playground.

I think the UEFA FFP rules state that clubs can not make losses of more than €30 million over a three-year period. Whereas Premier League teams are allowed to lose £105,000,000 over a three year period. They also limit owners from pumping money in. 

PSG and Man City have both challenged the rules about owner investment and won cases with Uefa in the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Are we trying to comply though, or is a convenient excuse for the owners not to invest money into the club and play the “operating within terms” card and running a sustainable business? 

If we want a seat at the Premier League table long term, we might need to start to challenge the rules like others and have additional income from others.

The problem is though, if we don't push the boundaries, we are going to get left behind and you feel from reading between the lines, that is what is frustrating Rodgers. He is right when he says there is only so much he can do without resources. Mentioned again this week about lack of resources and being left behind.

The owners long term plan is to invest in the infrastructure of the club to in turn generate more revenue to then be more competetive in the field, the problem is, none of that infrastructure improvements have started yet and could take 2 years to bear any fruit. We could be in the Championship by then with other clubs following the idea of Villa, West Ham and Newcastle by pumping in millions from a seemingly bottomless pit of unregulated money.

• Like 1

I’m totally fine with the future vision of our club by the owners. It’s ambitious, ex iting and fits the bill to take us to the next level,

it’s the here and now that concerns me. Things are falling apart at the moment. We have gone from a well oiled machine of a club to a rusty ageing one. It’s not too late though if can be fixed and get back on track. Hope the neglect has not caused too much irreparable damage. Need to steady the ship quick. please Top step up and sort this out before you lose control!