Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
frany104

Time for the owners to sell up

13 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I don’t think it even needs them to put their hands in their pockets too much. It need us to spend every penny we generate and with this look for some extra revenue sources.

At the minute it doesn’t look like we are doing either. 
I really don’t want them to sell up, and I love the work they’ve done since they’ve been here, but, our approach does need to change if we are going to be competitive in this league.

The clubs scouting and recruitment needs to be exceptionally good (with a bit of luck as well) and wage bill needs to be well managed for the self sustainable approach to be effective Our wage bill is significantly higher than the mid and bottom half table clubs we're now competing against while our revenue isn't much higher, hence we're now getting outspent by the likes of Leeds. Getting our wage bill and recruitment back in order in the short to medium term need to be the top priority in the club getting itself out of this mess, along with the necessary changes on the coaching set up (academy and first team)

55 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

So a 0 net spend since getting in the Premier League and then as soon as we don't sell anyone we don't buy a single player? Even Mike Ashley had a higher net spend

.. not sure on those figures!!!

We spent 50m Euros on Daka and Soumare without selling an asset!!!

Long term injuries has decimated this squad.

31 minutes ago, turlo said:

The clubs scouting and recruitment needs to be exceptionally good (with a bit of luck as well) and wage bill needs to be well managed for the self sustainable approach to be effective Our wage bill is significantly higher than the mid and bottom half table clubs we're now competing against while our revenue isn't much higher, hence we're now getting outspent by the likes of Leeds. Getting our wage bill and recruitment back in order in the short to medium term need to be the top priority in the club getting itself out of this mess, along with the necessary changes on the coaching set up (academy and first team)

It was sustainable 5 years ago, now that these mid table clubs are increasing spend output per transfer window, we cant compete. LCFC are slowly but surely becoming the next Burnley. let that sink in for a moment.

Edited by Simoken

30 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. not sure on those figures!!!

We spent 50m Euros on Daka and Soumare without selling an asset!!!

Long term injuries has decimated this squad.

With money from big sales. No money spent has ever exceeded what we have made on sales of players previously. Then we have one window where no one goes (before Fofana late on) and no one comes in. 

Where's all the money made from being in the Premier League been going? Why's everything we spend been based on loans?

Edited by Gamble92

7 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

With money from big sales. No money spent has ever exceeded what we have made on sales of players previously. Then we have one window where no one goes (before Fofana late on) and no one comes in. 

Where's all the money made from being in the Premier League been going? Why's everything we spend been based on loans?

Wages. 

With players running down their contract and the biggest sellable asset on a long contract now sold, it doesn’t look good for us in the short / medium term. Unless the owners suddenly pump cash in to invest in the squad as it depletes this summer we’ll not have a lot of cash in the coffers - Maddison will be off but not for £60m - potentially the pattern of self sustainability and big SUCCESS appears to have hit a brick wall. 

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

blown on wages

Is it me or is it already promising it's come down to 85% already? Trying to turn the current predicament into a positive lol.

I know it's still not enough for now (think the FFP target is 70-75%?), but potentially with players' contracts up this summer/next summer, and funds perhaps being freed up after a dry January, there'll be more room to manouevre in the transfer market.

The only issue being that those in charge of the transfers have more misses than hits. Can they be trusted...

Never thought I'd say it but Top has got to go. The very fact that he allows this landslide of decline to continue is unforgiveable. The total lack of funds and ambition is infuriating. He is happy to let us sink under this fraud of a manager. He's let us down massively.

Sorry top but this club is an absolute shambles from top to bottom.

Thanks for everything you and king power have done for us but its time to sell the club

I would be happy if he sells the club, genuinely - that isn’t a knee-jerk reaction. If I’m being brutally honest, I don’t really care about his legacy, thanks for your part in the success, but it is time to go.

For the most part, the ownership did manage the club successfully between 2011-2018, but clearly, this was Vichai. It appears that Top is completely out of his depth.

He is a burden to the club. Fed up of mismanagement and a lack of ambition. These two factors are a massive reason for why we are in this predicament. 

If he doesn’t have the money or the ability to run this club, then please leave. I for one, do not care about King Power, nobody is bigger than the club and I would more than happily welcome somebody with a bit of ambition.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 2

The lack of investment for me is not a huge surprise or disappointment. KP have been quite clear about wanting the club to be self-sufficient and selfishly I’m happy with that. It’s more important to me that the club is there for my children and grandchildren to “enjoy” than it is that we spend lots of money.

What is unforgivable is the acceptance of mediocrity and the complete abandonment of the culture that made the club so successful from Pearson’s return in 2011 to about December 2019. The continued tacit acceptance of Rodgers talking the club down, the failure to act last season and sack him after Forest, and then most egregiously to let him stay in post after 6 straight defeats including 2 maulings, all the while paying a fortune for the privilege.

The club had an ambitious culture, one of continuous improvement, never thinking that anything was impossible. I remember hearing Henry Winter talking about having spoken to Jamie Vardy in about December 2015 and he put it to him that he thought we could make the Champions League. Vardy replied something like “you have no idea about the level ambition and belief in that dressing room”. Those players believed they could do anything.

Right now we seem happy to be making up the numbers. The club’s leadership appears disinterested and shows little interest in engaging with the club’s supporters.

Communication, ambition and maintaining a positive culture and atmosphere costs nothing but we seem to have dropped those aspects of what made this club great at the same time as the investment.

You can be financially tight, you make errors but ultimately when you own a football club, communication is key.

Wheeling the manager out weekly isn’t going to help. 

Time to show leadership and the fans will listen 

Edited by CosbehFox