Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
frany104

Time for the owners to sell up

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

But he did let things carry on, he was basically willing to watch us get relegated to back Pearson, barring a miracle we would have been. 

Not really relevant though as they aren’t comparable scenarios. 

Pearson had much more credit in the bank as we were incredibly unlucky throughout that season. No issues with effort or performances and that isn’t me rewriting history to fit my argument, I genuinely believe that.

This is different. We have been terrible for about 18 months now. In fact, I’d go as far and say that at times this season, this is as bad as I’ve seen us in the PL. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Not really relevant though as they aren’t comparable scenarios. 

Pearson had much more credit in the bank as we were incredibly unlucky throughout that season. No issues with effort or performances and that isn’t me rewriting history to fit my argument, I genuinely believe that.

This is different. We have been terrible for about 18 months now. In fact, I’d go as far and say that at times this season, this is as bad as I’ve seen us in the PL. 

Come on, we were absolutely gubbins a lot. Rodgers has credit in the bank also. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well yeah I do need it explaining, so please go ahead. Commercial decline off the pitch?

Are you daft? We are broke. It’s blatantly obvious to see. We’ve got a squad full of players on big wages and no money to sign new players. 

we’ve spent money on a training ground we didn’t need which has neglected the squad and now we’re in serious trouble of being relegated. 

complete mismanagement of the club from top to bottom. 

Don’t start asking people to clarify their opinion when all you’re doing is playing devils advocate. Bring some of your own facts to the table.

• Like 2

Premier league win. Fa cup win. CL campaign. Europa League campaigns. Euro conference campaigns. Mahrez £60m, Maguire £80m, Kante £32m, Drinkwater £35m, Fofana £70m. 

Net spend in Brendan’s tenure is £3m.

Next season we could be in the championship renting out Seagrave to Lancy Boys on Wednesday morning to pay the gas bill. 

For all the good done, there are some serious questions right now as to the suitability of owner and his board. We can’t compete with the weakness teams in this league financially let alone the mid/strongest teams.

• Like 4

Just now, Babylon said:

Come on, we were absolutely gubbins a lot. Rodgers has credit in the bank also. 

Somewhat yes, but does there not come a point where enough is enough and ‘credit in the bank’ becomes irrelevant?

You can’t just cling onto past achievements. It’s diabolical on and off the pitch, and unfortunately, I think that we need a refresh from top to bottom. 

I do sympathise with what you say on your longer post, but I have seen enough. I am sick of Rodgers holding the club for ransom, and ultimately, the failure of that lies with Top.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Are you daft? We are broke. It’s blatantly obvious to see. We’ve got a squad full of players on big wages and no money to sign new players. 

we’ve spent money on a training ground we didn’t need which has neglected the squad and now we’re in serious trouble of being relegated. 

complete mismanagement of the club from top to bottom. 

Don’t start asking people to clarify their opinion when all you’re doing is playing devils advocate. Bring some of your own facts to the table.

No we aren’t broke, so that about sums up your knowledge strait off the bat. 

The training ground is being paid off over time, if you think it would have made that much difference. Again, I question your knowledge of our finances. 

4 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Somewhat yes, but does there not come a point where enough is enough and ‘credit in the bank’ becomes irrelevant?

You can’t just cling onto past achievements. It’s diabolical on and off the pitch, and unfortunately, I think that we need a refresh from top to bottom. 

I do sympathise with what you say on your longer post, but I have seen enough. I am sick of Rodgers holding the club for ransom, and ultimately, the failure of that lies with Top.

For me it’s irrelevant now, I’ve wanted him gone for a long time. But I also realise as fans we are way more impatient than they are as owners and that’s been proven many many times. 

40 minutes ago, ttfn said:

The lack of investment for me is not a huge surprise or disappointment. KP have been quite clear about wanting the club to be self-sufficient and selfishly I’m happy with that. It’s more important to me that the club is there for my children and grandchildren to “enjoy” than it is that we spend lots of money.

The thing is, sustainable these days is making the losses you’re allowed to make over 3 years.

If you’re trying to break even as a Premier League club every year and compete at the top end of the table then the only way you do it is via over-inflated sponsorships and back door deals. The only ones with the ability to generate anything like what is required organically are the Man United’s and Liverpool’s of the game - that’s why Man City are bending every which rule they can.

The whole “finding another way to compete” line and talking about not jeopardising the club’s future is all a smokescreen for them not being able or willing to put money in. If they truly cared about sustainability then they would not have had such a crazy wages to turnover ratio and only be doing something about it when they have to by FFP rules.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

The thing is, sustainable these days is making the losses you’re allowed to make over 3 years.

If you’re trying to break even as a Premier League club every year and compete at the top end of the table then the only way you do it is via over-inflated sponsorships and back door deals. The only ones with the ability to generate anything like what is required organically are the Man United’s and Liverpool’s of the game - that’s why Man City are bending every which rule they can.

The whole “finding another way to compete” line and talking about not jeopardising the club’s future is all a smokescreen for them not being able or willing to put money in. If they truly cared about sustainability then they would not have had such a crazy wages to turnover ratio and only be doing something about it when they have to by FFP rules.

If we don’t do anything this window, with the trouble we’re in, then they need to sell up. 

You’re right and unfortunately we’re currently like that person that turns up at a high stakes poker tournament, that just wants to tip in 5ps. 

With each defeat, our value gets closure to deteriorating. 

King Power may be the owners, however what on Earth is happening at the moment, we never hear from anyone other than Rodgers. All he does is bemoan the lack of funds we have. 

Football is nothing, without the fans. 

If we go down, they’ll lose loads more money through TV deals, commercial revenue, fan base etc, then it will take to pump in and add some quality.

• Like 1

The mentality of the club has changed in the last 2/3 years..

we had 5th placed finishes that should have been CL .. yet we were told we ought to be happy with that..

plenty fans said the same also.. we bottled 4th place two years running.

since then, we have had 6/7 gave spells that have got us out of trouble in the league.

The alarm bells have been there though..

no identity, no freshness in our play.

defensive frailties that haven’t been addressed.

we now find ourself firmly in the shit.

I don’t see a way out of it if I’m honest.

we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes but there’s obviously no money there…A PL club without money is really a championship club..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

I’ve said this before.Since we lost our great chairman,I just don’t think Top has got the same passion.Yes we’re expanding the stadium and surrounding area,but I think when it’s all done he’ll sell the club.I just don’t think his heart is in it tbh.

What a silly thing to say

Brendan's topic is always hot and everyone trash talking him

rightly so

but when it comes to owner its like complete silence

okay, at least for last few month fans are more loud talking about dissapointment, but still, this guy is untouchable or whatever

call Brendan clown how much you want but this clueless guy is the real problem and ruined everything what was built last few years 

8 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

The worst thing about it all is how the media and all the pundits have the opinion we've had our period of trophies and that should be enough for little old leicester so just be happy with anything now. To watch all the progress of the last few years just hopelessly fade away is infuriating and heart breaking. 

Ffs. How many fcking times?

Nobody, nobody absofcking lutely nobody uses that phrase apart from our own fans. 

• Like 1

Would it not be worth breaking the FFP rules (using the owners money) to try and stay up. Take the fine, take the UEFA ban (it’ll not affect us) and Top can secure his assets value should he want to sell up. 

Apologies if I’ve got the sanctions of breaking FFP incorrect. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

Would it not be worth breaking the FFP rules (using the owners money) to try and stay up. Take the fine, take the UEFA ban (it’ll not affect us) and Top can secure his assets value should he want to sell up. 

Apologies if I’ve got the sanctions of breaking FFP incorrect. 

It would, but remember, Top has told us all that  we’re supposed to be a “sustainable” club, that’s the goal. 

Im not sure how the fans have been tricked into thinking a sustainable club is a good one. It’s an excuse for Top to put no money into the club so he can get free King Power advertising and maybe a little bit of a bail out for them every now and then.

Sustainability for us fans means complete mediocrity. We’ll never compete without investment, it’s as simple as that. He needs to sell or invest, neither of which he seems interested in doing. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Babylon said:

No we aren’t broke, so that about sums up your knowledge strait off the bat. 

The training ground is being paid off over time, if you think it would have made that much difference. Again, I question your knowledge of our finances. 

We are skint though. We managed to cobble enough pennies together for a Fofana replacement in the summer but we are 2 weeks into this window desperately in need of some additional quality and nothing.

And before anyone says ‘its only two weeks’ we’ve supposed to have had a new Head of Recruitment working for the past 3 months to hit the ground running this window and still nothing.

For whatever reason there is no money there, we cant afford players and we cant afford to pay off the manager and get a new one in. 

• Like 2

I think at this point we should be asking questions of the owners and DOF about the direction of the club. All the optimism of the new training ground coupled with one of the most exciting young squads in the PL has evaporated over the last 18 months. Much of that is down to BR, however the board are also culpable. If King Power are struggling for resources perhaps they should sell their old training ground and move the ladies team to Seagrave. Other PL clubs share training facilities with the woman’s team and it doesn’t appear to hold them back. Not sure what Belvoir Drive is worth but it is something that needs considering as the woman team also appear to lack investment and like the men are struggling big time. Just a thought. 

1 hour ago, LCFC1984 said:

I think at this point we should be asking questions of the owners and DOF about the direction of the club. All the optimism of the new training ground coupled with one of the most exciting young squads in the PL has evaporated over the last 18 months. Much of that is down to BR, however the board are also culpable. If King Power are struggling for resources perhaps they should sell their old training ground and move the ladies team to Seagrave. Other PL clubs share training facilities with the woman’s team and it doesn’t appear to hold them back. Not sure what Belvoir Drive is worth but it is something that needs considering as the woman team also appear to lack investment and like the men are struggling big time. Just a thought. 

Not selling Belvoir Drive was always a bizarre one for me.  Why is the club paying for two training grounds?  

Keeping options open in case we need to move back perhaps?

11 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

The worst thing about it all is how the media and all the pundits have the opinion we've had our period of trophies and that should be enough for little old leicester so just be happy with anything now. 

Not surprised when our own club play a video of title lift before every home game and half the ground stand and applaud it. 

I'm not sure about time to sell but definately time to do something!

I said last night, I'm not accepting this "there's no money" BS anymore. We've not just stood still for the last 2 years, we've regressed as everyone else is getting better and if there is no money to improve then surely it's up to Top and the board to find it or at the very least find a way to improve without it. I don't accept that there isn't a way to do that but more likely they don't know how. In which case they need to find someone who does because sitting back shrugging because you don't have any ideas whilst we undo the last decade of work isn't acceptable.