Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
frany104

Time for the owners to sell up

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

If Top hasn't made drastic changes pretty soon he can go for me. 

I am probably at this stage too. 

I dont see any difference in benefit in KP staying or going now. I challenge anyone to change my mind. 

It makes no difference to me at this stage whether he is here or not. 

I never want this family to sell up. Through the greatest of triumphs and tragedies they are fully ingrained as part of both the club and the city.

I would however love to see some additional investment come in to help them out.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

Is anyone actually confident any money will be spent this month? Cause I’m not

Nor me ...I hope to be wrong, but I think the club is in such a mess both on and off the pitch that signings are unlikely.  If we were allowed just one please let it be Vincent Company and get rid of Bull***t Rodgers

Edited by VG Fox
spelling

5 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Ffs. How many fcking times?

Nobody, nobody absofcking lutely nobody uses that phrase apart from our own fans. 

Not true at all. Heard it a lot. Maybe not always that term. It's used here at 10.40 for instance -

20 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

The worst thing about it all is how the media and all the pundits have the opinion we've had our period of trophies and that should be enough for little old leicester so just be happy with anything now. To watch all the progress of the last few years just hopelessly fade away is infuriating and heart breaking. 

Our most famous fan Lineker backing this myth up is sickening 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dames said:

We are skint though. We managed to cobble enough pennies together for a Fofana replacement in the summer but we are 2 weeks into this window desperately in need of some additional quality and nothing.

And before anyone says ‘its only two weeks’ we’ve supposed to have had a new Head of Recruitment working for the past 3 months to hit the ground running this window and still nothing.

For whatever reason there is no money there, we cant afford players and we cant afford to pay off the manager and get a new one in. 

Does it not beg the question though, if we are skint, as to why a fairly reputable head of recruitment joins us if we are skint?

12 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Our most famous fan Lineker backing this myth up is sickening 

The way he demeans Leicester in an almost mocking way has always been a bit strange. When we won the Premier League he said "i never thought i'd see Leicester win any league never mind this one". We've won 3 in the past decade. 

53 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Does it not beg the question though, if we are skint, as to why a fairly reputable head of recruitment joins us if we are skint?

Because I dont think the club are being entirely honest about it and are hiding behind FFP even though we dont stand a chance of playing in Europe for the next few season. 

1 hour ago, MattFox said:

image.thumb.jpeg.a75a7b83c284ef5e23f15bac00b8446b.jpeg

King Power didn’t put any money into the club between 2014 and 2020 when they lent money for the training ground.

The money they invested pre 2014 was spunked by Sven and Pearson got the club up on a shoestring 

Idea they have bankrolled transfers etc is nonsense, equally the myth Maguire paid for Seagrave is equally bollocks

Also worth pointing out they have put money into the club during COVID when their core business was suffering and put nothing in when business was booming.

Most of our success has been self generated by the ethos and skill base Pearson installed and cute transfer dealing post 2016

This has literally summed up my long held beliefs on our owners. It begrudgingly gives me a different perspective on Rodgers comments over this and recent transfer windows during his press conferences and fair play to him.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

This has literally summed up my long held beliefs on our owners. It begrudgingly gives me a different perspective on Rodgers comments over this and recent transfer windows during his press conferences and fair play to him.

Something isn’t right but it may be some time before we find out what it is ……

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Rodgers is an arsehole but he does have a slight point on transfers although when he’s had money he’s bought crap

• Like 1

Top is presiding over a King Power empire that has more than halved in value in 2 years. Our woes are not his main priority. If I were him I’d sell to someone like PSG’s owners or similar ASAP. No idea if anyone would be interested, but I think he is the captain of a sinking ship. 

59 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Something isn’t right but it may be some time before we find out what it is ……

I think you're right. I'm often told I lack patience, but, lcfc seems to instill it back into me reborn as frustration instead. 

44 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Top is presiding over a King Power empire that has more than halved in value in 2 years. Our woes are not his main priority. If I were him I’d sell to someone like PSG’s owners or similar ASAP. No idea if anyone would be interested, but I think he is the captain of a sinking ship. 

I'm not sure we are glamorous enough for the Saudi's etc & personally that would probably end my 60 year support.

I feel fairly confident that once Top get his main business back in line we will see investment in our club again.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I'm not sure we are glamorous enough for the Saudi's etc & personally that would probably end my 60 year support.

I feel fairly confident that once Top get his main business back in line we will see investment in our club again.

In that case I hope the people entrusted with the day to day running of his main business are a damn sight more competent than the ones we're stuck with

4 hours ago, UHDrive said:

This was fairly common knowledge I thought to anybody who had any real knowledge on it (not a dig at you) and that includes Rodgers. He knew what he was getting into. We aren't a club that has spent massively.

Rodgers is just extremely inefficient. We need to be efficient to function properly. Rodgers will never get you value for your money.