Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
frany104

Time for the owners to sell up

12 hours ago, MattFox said:

image.thumb.jpeg.a75a7b83c284ef5e23f15bac00b8446b.jpeg

King Power didn’t put any money into the club between 2014 and 2020 when they lent money for the training ground.

The money they invested pre 2014 was spunked by Sven and Pearson got the club up on a shoestring 

Idea they have bankrolled transfers etc is nonsense, equally the myth Maguire paid for Seagrave is equally bollocks

Also worth pointing out they have put money into the club during COVID when their core business was suffering and put nothing in when business was booming.

Most of our success has been self generated by the ethos and skill base Pearson installed and cute transfer dealing post 2016

Spot on. Then people often get called out on here for saying how much they love NP, very strange. 

I don't want Top to sell up, he and his family have worked miracles here, we owe them our gratitude. That doesn't mean we don't now have problems though.

As a supporter what I would like is to support a club that isn't now throwing money away on players and a manager who aren't worth it just because it appears to be the safe option. Stale isn't something you can be in football, and we define it. We simply can't move players on because we pay them too much.

The second big problem is the white elephant of a training ground, that place is surely a financial black hole of epic proportions. It's not financially justified for me, either by what it's doing for the first team or what the academy is or isn't producing. Let's face it we'd be no worse off training out of a portacabin on Aylestone park. Vanity project.

Edited by Vestan Pance
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

No. I’m not a serf. I’ll not give deference to any billionaire because they are responsible for fewer human rights violations then other billionaires.

I don’t give a flying fvck about success, overpriced merchandise, or a free donut.

I want fan ownership.

Our fans are mostly ****ing morons.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

You’d rather be owned by billionaires than a potential fan ownership trust/association? 

If we had fan ownership 10 yrs ago, I’m pretty certain we would have won nothing and would not be in the premier league now. Such stupid pie in the sky ideas. Massive clubs like Barcelona are in trouble with fan involvement, never mind a smallish club with limited finances

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

You’d rather be owned by billionaires than a potential fan ownership trust/association? 

I'd love fan ownership, but it isn't going to cut the mustard in the premier league, there is way too much money sloshing about.....except us!

Edited by Le Renard

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

This was fairly common knowledge I thought to anybody who had any real knowledge on it (not a dig at you) and that includes Rodgers. He knew what he was getting into. We aren't a club that has spent massively.

Rodgers is just extremely inefficient. We need to be efficient to function properly. Rodgers will never get you value for your money.

Don't worry it's fine. It was more of a dig at the net spend and cash being invested into the squad. There is always a counter argument and I agree also that rodgers has been naff at getting value for money or getting decent players through the door either.

• Like 1

Proper head wobble if you want them to actually sell up - unless psg qatar want to buy us of course and spend a billion - what we obviously need is some outside investment if top can’t afford to bank role what’s required to stay in this league and be relatively successful- that’s probably around 100 million a year - if our owners don’t have it anymore they need to find some outside investment that does - do nothing and we will go down and the club will be worth so much less - it’s not rocket science- the crazy thing right now seems to be that they are happy to stand still and have no money available - that is complete incompetence all round 

• Like 1

On 10/01/2023 at 21:19, Larry_LCFC said:

Never thought I'd say it but Top has got to go. The very fact that he allows this landslide of decline to continue is unforgiveable. The total lack of funds and ambition is infuriating. He is happy to let us sink under this fraud of a manager. He's let us down massively.

...he (Top) is fighting on all fronts at the moment!!!

He is fighting for control of the club, to bring back the business lost to King Power due to Covid, his father's probate issue not yet sorted and tying his hands as to the direction he can take this club. He has put his faith in a DoF and a CEO who are not excelling in their respective roles see (FFP) and has put his trust in a manager who seemingly only trust himself.

Nothing about what he is going through at this moment compares with our perception of where our club is heading, we need to just take a breath, his life is not all that it seems.

• Like 2

What would it cost to buy 51%? 

Can we have a whip around and see if we could afford this on Foxestalk?

We might need to get them folk at Talking Balls to get involved. :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

Don't worry it's fine. It was more of a dig at the net spend and cash being invested into the squad. There is always a counter argument and I agree also that rodgers has been naff at getting value for money or getting decent players through the door either.

Yeah there seems to be this narrative that they've pumped loads in. It's not 'really' true. They have invested on occasion but not loads.

28 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah there seems to be this narrative that they've pumped loads in. It's not 'really' true. They have invested on occasion but not loads.

image.thumb.jpeg.93b956e21e68339fb5774675d12a16c7.jpeg

Before they invested in the training ground we were one of the lowest clubs in the league for owner investment.

King Power even went to the banks for money before using their own in 2020

They’ve also been happy to charge the club consultancy fees over the years.

Edited by MattFox

3 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Not what I said, it sounds lovely but the reality is likely something else. Like Cliff Ginetta making all the decisions on how to run a club. Hearts ruling heads etc.

I'm fine with being a rich persons play thing, so long as they respect the club and the fans and are in it for the good of the club and not just themselves.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Not what I said, it sounds lovely but the reality is likely something else. Like Cliff Ginetta making all the decisions on how to run a club. Hearts ruling heads etc.

I'm fine with being a rich persons play thing, so long as they respect the club and the fans and are in it for the good of the club and not just themselves.

*Player 2 has re-entered the game*

See, I don't feel they do at all. 

50 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's not like that though at all. We as supporters 'members' would vote in those who are standing for those roles. So you have business people, people those skilled in areas of expertises needed, ex players etc. It's not voting fans onto the board because they want to be busy working for the club.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

It's not like that though at all. We as supporters 'members' would vote in those who are standing for those roles. So you have business people, people those skilled in areas of expertises needed, ex players etc. It's not voting fans onto the board because they want to be busy working for the club.

How on earth are any of us knowledgeable enough to do that. It becomes a popularity contest. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

How on earth are any of us knowledgeable enough to do that. It becomes a popularity contest. 

It's not fans in those roles. 

edit - it would be us being able to vote in Rudkin and if we were unhappy at the next elections we could in theory vote him out.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well they’ve not changed the badge or made us wear a Thai flag, like half the wazzocks out there seem to do. 

I mean.....they're not that far off it. Don't acknowledge any history pre them and every shirt features something gold which has nothing to do with our heritage. We post more on our media channels about our owners than former players and have a statue of one of them but none of our past heroes. They've not been bad owners by any stretch but they won't be here in 20 years time and they won't care - I reckon many on here will be. 

2 hours ago, MattFox said:

image.thumb.jpeg.93b956e21e68339fb5774675d12a16c7.jpeg

Before they invested in the training ground we were one of the lowest clubs in the league for owner investment.

King Power even went to the banks for money before using their own in 2020

They’ve also been happy to charge the club consultancy fees over the years.

There was quite a bit invested before that period mainly paying off the long standing club debts and "balancing the books" while we were making a loss in the championship (which we later got a slap on the wrist and fine from the FFP police for!!)

Of course getting promoted into the premier league would've increased the clubs value way in excess of the initial investment of clearing the clubs debts etc and will still make a good profit if/when they sell the club even if they write off the loan for they provided for training ground etc

image.png