Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
frany104

Time for the owners to sell up

27 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I mean.....they're not that far off it. Don't acknowledge any history pre them and every shirt features something gold which has nothing to do with our heritage. We post more on our media channels about our owners than former players and have a statue of one of them but none of our past heroes. They've not been bad owners by any stretch but they won't be here in 20 years time and they won't care - I reckon many on here will be. 

You don't remember Fosse Gold then. 

35 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

It's not fans in those roles. 

edit - it would be us being able to vote in Rudkin and if we were unhappy at the next elections we could in theory vote him out.

And as I say, what make you or me able to make those decisions? 

The lack of nods in our history really grind on me. I find it sad that 120 years of history are increasingly forgotten. In the process that makes some of our newer generation less aware of it. 

Even things which stare them in the face like having a new away shirt based on a shirt from the previous era which would sell tons, the club would rather have a variety of colours. No Maroon shirt since we won the Cup in it. 

Kilworth Fox got it bang on when he said they've hired a lot of people with decent CV at middle management level but very few of them have experiences of football clubs.

They've penalised themselves with the talent drain and not appropriately replaced - when Rodgers joined, we had ambitions of making Seagrave way ahead of the game on Sports Science and Analytics. 

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
54 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You don't remember Fosse Gold then. 

Which was actually beige. Good one.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he (Top) is fighting on all fronts at the moment!!!

He is fighting for control of the club, to bring back the business lost to King Power due to Covid, his father's probate issue not yet sorted and tying his hands as to the direction he can take this club. He has put his faith in a DoF and a CEO who are not excelling in their respective roles see (FFP) and has put his trust in a manager who seemingly only trust himself.

Nothing about what he is going through at this moment compares with our perception of where our club is heading, we need to just take a breath, his life is not all that it seems.

Give a billionaire a break because his job is quite hard? Some unbelievable logic here. I take you give the players a break when the pitch is a little bit wet?

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I mean.....they're not that far off it. Don't acknowledge any history pre them and every shirt features something gold which has nothing to do with our heritage. We post more on our media channels about our owners than former players and have a statue of one of them but none of our past heroes. They've not been bad owners by any stretch but they won't be here in 20 years time and they won't care - I reckon many on here will be. 

I’m definitely not in the ground every week (and yeah, it’s all King Power era at the King Power Stadium), but from a long-distance perspective, I see more acknowledgments of history than this.

The ground COULD use some more nods to history, I will absolutely concede that point. The club is about 140 years old so any institution that’s been kicking around for that while ought to have lots of conspicuous links to the past, especially a football club.

I’ll quibble with this post about other things, though. The club regularly posts on social media and its website about the Former Player Remembers series, Links with the Past (which is done by John Hutchinson the club historian, who does an excellent job all around IMO), a bunch of other interviews and features with past players and managers, the “Leicester’s The Place” video/pod (and I might be missing some stuff here).

One of the benefits of having owners from the retail world is that we’ve really stepped up our retro retail offerings. As a proud fan of Fox Leisure—the finest in 1990s private-label sporting apparel—I for one salute the club. They’ve also finally caught on that the “running fox” logo is really popular (even if they didn’t properly produce it on the backs of the home shirts this year), but at least I got some green/yellow running Fox socks and darts flights for Christmas this year.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...being a billionaire does not make you immune from life's problems!!!

No mate, but I imagine he can put his hand in his pocket and employ people that might be able to help him with that.

It's not an excuse for neglecting something we all care so much about is it.....

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Well they’ve not changed the badge or made us wear a Thai flag, like half the wazzocks out there seem to do. 

Yeah lets forget the buddist flags draped all around the ground and the monks walking around blessing the place, oh and walking around the pitch when we won the league with a picture of their king in hand. All of which have nothing to do with the club or it's history yet alone our culture.:dunno:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Yeah lets forget the buddist flags draped all around the ground and the monks walking around blessing the place, oh and walking around the pitch when we won the league with a picture of their king in hand. All of which have nothing to do with the club or it's history yet alone our culture.:dunno:

Yeh, if you probably had your way, it would be Morris dancers as half time entertainment and a complimentary sausage roll for winning the league. Any blessings from what ever religion or belief cannot be a bad thing mate (BTW, I ain't Buddhist)

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Yeah let’s forget the buddist flags draped all around the ground and the monks walking around blessing the place, oh and walking around the pitch when we won the league with a picture of their king in hand. All of which have nothing to do with the club or its history yet alone our culture.:dunno:

I actually think that was a nice touch, I’d much rather have Buddhist Monks walking around blessing the ground compared to a pack of horny foxes and some lads from New Parks.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Really, that’s the best you’ve got?

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Babylon said:

Our fans are mostly ****ing morons.

Lol. Anyway haven't you completely misunderstood his point. Or has he completely misunderstood what the point of fan ownership is. Neither of you actually think we are going to own the club and install my mate Paul as the COO of lcfc right? Fan ownership works like the co-op. I’m a co-op owner but I can’t go in and demand garlic is reduced to 1p because I use it all my cooking. Co operatives make brilliant sense 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

It's not like that though at all. We as supporters 'members' would vote in those who are standing for those roles. So you have business people, people those skilled in areas of expertises needed, ex players etc. It's not voting fans onto the board because they want to be busy working for the club.

Yes this is what I thought is meant by fan ownership, a co operative. I think the original poster is confused. Co operatives make great sense

2 hours ago, Evington Fosse Fox said:

Yeh, if you probably had your way, it would be Morris dancers as half time entertainment and a complimentary sausage roll for winning the league. Any blessings from what ever religion or belief cannot be a bad thing mate (BTW, I ain't Buddhist)

If I had my way there would be no americanisation of the game whatso ever. No clappers , sllly goal music , flames shooting up from the side of the pitch, honesty flags and all the other false paraphinalia. So yes no morris dancers either.

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU

25 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Imagine being the type of person who gets upset by having to experience and share in a little bit of someone else's culture. Jeez.

It's not about that at all though.We had our own culture of singing chanting and supporting the club without the clap trap imaging Through all of the clubs history and got on fine without it.