Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
frany104

Time for the owners to sell up

On 03/01/2023 at 23:05, hejammy said:

I'm not sure people quite understand how King Power was effected by COVID. They took a massive hit and now they need to consolidate their finances for a short while before they start pumping money into Leicester again. The moment they don't give the club a bit of money we turn our backs on them? After what they've done for us? Shame really. :nigel:

Exactly. King Powers business is driven by travel and their biggest customers, the Chinese haven’t travelled anywhere for three years so they will have been losing money hand over fist. 
Sell up? New owners? Careful what you wish for. We could end up with the likes of Mike Ashley 

10 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

I’ll say it again-this thread is full of entitled, spoilt, ungrateful people who say vile things because they’re angry-in this case because the team aren’t playing very well.

Furthermore they speculate on rumours, make wild assumptions and also make sweeping statements about things they have little or no information on. 

Just because they can’t spend hundreds of millions on new players and results are going against us some people are spouting bile at the very people who brought us the most unimaginable success.

Yes it's called honest debate. Troublesome isn't it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

I’ll say it again-this thread is full of entitled, spoilt, ungrateful people who say vile things because they’re angry-in this case because the team aren’t playing very well.

Furthermore they speculate on rumours, make wild assumptions and also make sweeping statements about things they have little or no information on. 

Just because they can’t spend hundreds of millions on new players and results are going against us some people are spouting bile at the very people who brought us the most unimaginable success.

Explain the entitled bit to me ? I don’t think anyone has been outright disrespectful (nor should they be) but in your opinion if one criticises, debates the ownership, they are entitled ?

Maybe my dictionary definition of entitled differs to others. As it certainly seems to be this months buzz word.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

History is history and we can be grateful for history it does not excuse what is happening at the present. Its just more than the team not playing well, the club appears to be a millimeter away from freefall and rightfully there are people on here that want to discuss their concerns. 

• Like 2

I think after Vichai's death and then Covid, Top's had to concentrate more on their other businesses leaving Whelan, Rudkin & Rodgers more in control of City. Rudkin has preceeded to destroy the whole wage structure of the club, whilst Rodgers has done likewise with the team. I think Top's trying to rectify the problems but he's still surrounded by the same people who caused the whole mess. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Top does sell if the right offer comes in.

Jordan Blackwall’s answer to the question 
Q: Is it time for the owners to sell up?
A: That’s a tricky one to answer, because it depends what you want from the club you support. If you want an owner who is going to funnel loads of their own money into a club's transfer kitty, then yes, I suppose there would be an argument for City to at least source extra finances by bringing in more investors. But if you want an owner who simply cares about the club and the people who support it, then I don't think a change would be a great idea. Having owners that are likeable is not a given in modern-day football.
Anyway, the priority for City right now is redressing the balance of their wages, and getting players off the books who are earning too much and clogging up the budget there. And then it's about improving their commercial revenue, as that's where they are really lacking compared to their rivals.

Sums up how I’d answer, what is it you want from your owner?
They know where they are lacking to compete and are addressing it, we’d be in the same situation if a sugar daddy state took us over after they had dripped through any loopholes they could exploit.

Me personally I’d like an owner who cared about the community and understood what the communities football team means to them, our current owners get that.

We all know what the big 6 stand for and add Newcastle into that now, they haven’t brought Newcastle to better the area they have brought Newcastle as a play thing just like the other 6 have and to add it to the portfolio of Sports Teams they own just like putting stickers in a Panini book, Baseball team check, American Football team check, Ice Hockey team check, Football Team check, that is the mind of the mega rich, they see someone has a yacht 150m long so they want 1 160m long not because they are thinking of how it will keep a boatyard afloat or bring jobs to an area but because it’s a sticker for the book and probably somewhere to filter money through let’s be honest.

I know the KP group have an interest in horses but how many owners have sat in the stands with their kids as fans, 13 years before going onto buy that club regardless of their league standing at the time.

Small way of expressing my views about how the club is being run but I’ve just unsubscribed from their marketing emails 

I’m sick of reading the “time to show our mettle” and “we’re working hard” pre-match emails followed by the “we weren’t good enough” one on the Monday 

• Like 4

On 13/01/2023 at 09:23, dannythefox said:

I’d be very surprised if the owners sell up in the next few years. It’s there pride and joy. Yes things don’t look good at the minute but it will come good again. 

It will be a long cold night before we see them parading that photo of some old bloke  around the pitch the way its going lol