Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
frany104

Time for the owners to sell up

3 hours ago, glos-fox said:

Footballs a lot like F1 you can have a fantastic driver but If you don't keep upgrading the car you will get left behind that's precisely what's happening here total mismanagement.

You surely aren't deluded enough to think Rodgers is a 'fantastic driver '?

I think Liverpool, Celtic and now us tends to show that although he's initially been given a very decent car, he burns it off the grid to great acclaim but, when he starts to get challenged by other drivers, he flounders quickly when no longer near to pole position. 

It's why F1 teams regularly change drivers as the best manage to get the best out of a lesser car even if they don't manage to win the race.

I think owners have been naive in many ways in recent years I’m mean looks at some of the signings 

slimani

musa 

ghazzel 

vesty 

bertrand

perez 

silva couldn’t even sign him properly 

Just a few not many of them are under the 20m mark. The club is being ran like utter shite at this particular point in time! There has been a few warning signs and fans have ignored it like the fact we couldn’t even get our kit out on time the other season! Top needs to get a grip sack a few in the  board room and bring in some

stronger people to take the club forward! That are not afraid to make a few big decisions when needed too!

Edited by Thebluefox85

9 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Bit unrelated, but spending 100m on a new training ground was an absolute waste of money and nobody can convince me otherwise

The training ground is alright, not convinced we needed the on site hotel and golf course. 

4 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Bit unrelated, but spending 100m on a new training ground was an absolute waste of money and nobody can convince me otherwise

It’s an impossible thing to measure, nobody will ever be able to prove its impact. From player retention, to helping with recruiting players, first team and youth etc. 

We’d only have to produce a couple of top young talents in the lifespan of the complex to pay for it. But we’ll never know if the facilities impressed said player and their families to come here.

What you do see on social media (if you search). Is the constant rave reviews from coaches at other clubs and parents of kids coming to play there with other teams, about how amazing it is. It’s bound to have an impact.

There is a good argument for whether ground expansion would have been better being the first project. But what I won’t have is that pumping money into players would have been definitely been better.

We’ve wasted hundreds of millions on players since we got promoted. Most of whom we ended up giving away or losing for nothing when their contracts ran out. Now that was a complete waste of money… the training ground on the other hand will still be here when we are all dead and buried 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

You surely aren't deluded enough to think Rodgers is a 'fantastic driver '?

I think Liverpool, Celtic and now us tends to show that although he's initially been given a very decent car, he burns it off the grid to great acclaim but, when he starts to get challenged by other drivers, he flounders quickly when no longer near to pole position. 

It's why F1 teams regularly change drivers as the best manage to get the best out of a lesser car even if they don't manage to win the race.

We have a lot of problems to solve here at LCFC atm, and unfortunately BR is one of them...  Although we really needed to start rebuilding last season to carry into this one (3 yr cycles), it never really happened, so now we're going backwards and BR obviously also has no idea how to really stop it.  A good manager in this situation would at least be able to get a team together that isn't easy to beat, even if they struggle to win due to all the injuries - but that's not what we're getting now, which is why it's become obvious the BR is no longer either good enough, or the manager we need.

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

I think owners have been naive in many ways in recent years I’m mean looks at some of the signings 

slimani

musa 

ghazzel 

vesty 

bertrand

perez 

Just a few not many of them are under the 20m mark. The club is being ran like utter shite at this particular point in time! There has been a few warning signs and fans have ignored it like the fact we couldn’t even get our kit out on time the other season! Top needs to get a grip sack a few in the  board room and bring in some

stronger people to take the club forward! That are not afraid to make a few big decisions when needed too!

Top didn’t sign the players lol

4 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

slimani

musa 

ghazzel 

vesty 

bertrand

perez 

Even worse than that, Slimani, Musa Ghezzal and Sliva would be an improvement on the current squad.

Sadly, I'm not even joking.

1 minute ago, PhillippaT said:

We have a lot of problems to solve here at LCFC atm, and unfortunately BR is one of them...  Although we really needed to start rebuilding last season to carry into this one (3 yr cycles), it never really happened, so now we're going backwards and BR obviously also has no idea how to really stop it.  A good manager in this situation would at least be able to get a team together that isn't easy to beat, even if they struggle to win due to all the injuries - but that's not what we're getting now, which is why it's become obvious the BR is no longer either good enough, or the manager we need.

Absolutely. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sly said:

The training ground is alright, not convinced we needed the on site hotel and golf course. 

Of course its a great facility but as weird as it sounds, why does a club our size need one of the best training facilities in the world? It's a bit like 3rd or 4th tier Darlington building that 25k all seater stadium which eventually killed them lol By all means build a new training ground but I fail to understand why we went so big on it

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

He authorised them tho 👍🏻

I very much doubt it in the sense you mean mate. He’ll give Rudkin a budget and anything below that budget he’ll give him carte blanche to pull the trigger and sign off. I very much doubt Top is interested in micromanaging any parts of the club to be honest. 

And for the record I bet that was the same with his old man too. This is how every business works, I don’t need to ask for my business owners permission every time I need to make a decision at work. 

Edited by Manini