Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
frany104

Time for the owners to sell up

1 minute ago, Corky said:

The only way he might leave is through new owners. The way he's been indulged is disgusting.

The people in charge aren’t stupid, we aren’t doing anything drastically did different than we did with Ranieri or Puel. 

They both were given far more time than the fans wanted them to get. But ultimately they still got the boot. 

It’s easy to say get rid online, but when it’s your reality and your cheques, it’s a bit different.

He WILL go, it’s a matter of when and not if.  If we look like going down, like seriously beyond hope like we looked with Ranieri, he will go.

• Like 3

The perceived apathy of the board is very worrying - Southampton are in heaps of trouble and have sacked the manager and they are making signings - what are we doing about it?

We're heading to relegation if we are not careful, time to make some decisions at board level regarding the manager and/or squad, because it's not acceptable right now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Their net worth according to Forbes is still over a billion. 

What's their net worth got to do with anything? So they should sell up assets to fund paying £80m for a striker? Nonsense 

2 minutes ago, AS78UK said:

Wow....what am I reading.   Still glad we have our owners.  Money has dried up, but what did you expect following Covid, there main business is in some trouble.   They were always going to need LCFC to stand on its own feet.    

Does yoi not remember life before Vichai and Top? 

Not quite “trouble”, just a drop in turnover, and footfall in Thai airports has bounced back apparently. 

But then I’m not convinced that matters given that our situation is more about how the club’s revenue is being used and the decisions made here/.

8E92D858-D603-4E48-AF4D-C2CB0F6C932E.jpeg

Just now, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Yes but I don’t think they had this amount of leniency that Rodgers is given.  However the Thai’s have always conveyed loyalty

We looked dead and buried under Ranieri for a long time. Pearson withstood being at the foot of the table almost an entire season. 

He has credit in the bank with them, and I think they would prefer to muddle on through to the summer if at all possible. 

People mention covid had a big impact on their finances and it did clearly. But even before covid, we relied on player sales to make signings. Realistically, if we want to be competing at the top end, we need more money being pumped in. Otherwise we will get overtaken and overtaken … until we end up in the champ. 

im not entirely convinced the club is being well run either. The one time they choose to invest 50m without a player sale, it ****s us so badly to the point we cannot make any signings and so very nearly break FFP. 

added to that, it’s demoralising when everyone else spends and we don’t! Watch us not do anything in Jan now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

It was lonely at times back there but, people who are finally coming to their senses, welcome aboard. Fresh investment needed.

But barely anyone does invest their own money. Look at the data, almost nobody fronts their own cash. It’s a pipe dream!!

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The people in charge aren’t stupid, we aren’t doing anything drastically did different than we did with Ranieri or Puel. 

They both were given far more time than the fans wanted them to get. But ultimately they still got the boot. 

It’s easy to say get rid online, but when it’s your reality and your cheques, it’s a bit different.

He WILL go, it’s a matter of when and not if.  If we look like going down, like seriously beyond hope like we looked with Ranieri, he will go.

The issue is the cheques they pay to Rodgers every week. They've gone all in on this.

1 minute ago, MattFox said:

They didn’t pump money into the club before COVID either.

last time they invested in the playing squad was under Sven

They’ve put more money in personally in the last few years than they did since the championship.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

The issue is the cheques they pay to Rodgers every week. They've gone all in on this.

What nonsense. Yes he's on a large contract but in the grand scheme of things a very small percentage. Not an 'all in' scenario by any stretch. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hejammy said:

What's their net worth got to do with anything? So they should sell up assets to fund paying £80m for a striker? Nonsense 

Accepted - but they are still posting 

profits with KP. 

Doesn’t strike me as the most organised of situations that we £210 million in debt to our owners. 

Edited by CosbehFox

Just now, hejammy said:

What nonsense. Yes he's on a large contract but in the grand scheme of things a very small percentage. Not an 'all in' scenario by any stretch. 

Not just his wages but the influence around the place.

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

This thread stinks of entitled 'but their billionaires so they should pay for everything' ism. First work out how a business is run before throwing sticks. 

Ah one of their business assets is in danger of losing an absolute fortune in its value 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

After how many games did Ranieri get sacked that season? And that was a title winning team. 

They are patient, overly patient at times.

No manager survived more than 6 losses and yet Rodgers did. Our owners are patient but something has changed. 

I don't see how the rebuild happens here, where is the money suddenly going to come from if its been stopped because we don't have any. I had naively thought it might be because Brendan was being held accountable for wasting it and trying to oush him out but given we are well within a shot at relegation this season, you wouldn't play such a perverse game.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Accepted - but they are still posting 

profits with KP. 

Doesn’t strike me as the most organised of situations that we £210 million in debt to our owners. 

That's precisely the reason as to why we are in debt to them. Because they have invested their own money into the club. The club and the owners are 2 seperate entities. You cannot mix the 2. One can have major debt and the other be a billionaire. It's not out of the norm. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Not quite “trouble”, just a drop in turnover, and footfall in Thai airports has bounced back apparently. 

But then I’m not convinced that matters given that our situation is more about how the club’s revenue is being used and the decisions made here/.

8E92D858-D603-4E48-AF4D-C2CB0F6C932E.jpeg

Let's just say for a minute that the fall of King Power's turnover is why we arent spending. (It isn't but lets humour it)

We have basically did a bit of a gamble in the Championship. Spend big (for that level), knowing if we break FFP we will just get a simple fine once in the Prem. Worst case scenario is we will get a big points deduction because promotion fails and they just sell up anyway (Hello Derby)

So we get promotion. Big leap in revenue for Vichai and co, all is good. The gamble pays off. They get huge returns for their 20-30 million chucked at promotion. Now we are guranteed the £100m+ a year. 

Since then, we have a net spend of literally nothing. Multiple loans taken out against the club. The only difference now being that we can't keep using the same model of spending because we dropped out of europe and couldnt sustain the squad like it was. 

They'd have had no issue whatsoever spending £100m last summer on that reshuffle if we'd sold the players on and had chance to loan it out against TV Money again. KP has nothing to do with it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

That's precisely the reason as to why we are in debt to them. Because they have invested their own money into the club. The club and the owners are 2 seperate entities. You cannot mix the 2. One can have major debt and the other be a billionaire. It's not out of the norm. 

But here’s the thing I don’t get then - I’m sure Babs can explain it - why do we keep going to an bank to mortgage off future incoming sums of money to provide liquidity in cash? 

said elsewhere we seem to ignore the opportunity to sell naming rights and king powers sponsorship is quite modest 

Edited by CosbehFox

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

No manager survived more than 6 losses and yet Rodgers did. Our owners are patient but something has changed. 

I don't see how the rebuild happens here, where is the money suddenly going to come from if its been stopped because we don't have any. I had naively thought it might be because Brendan was being held accountable for wasting it and trying to oush him out but given we are well within a shot at relegation this season, you wouldn't play such a perverse game.

The money comes from selling Maddison and the massive reduction in wages and the  removal of amortisation of players fees from the books. 

We don’t spend £80-£90m in the summer and I’ll be shocked.

• Like 1