Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
frany104

Time for the owners to sell up

I think people need to realise that if they do choose to sell, it won't be a quick thing. Clubs changing hands takes ages. 

So I can't imagine a manager change (which we all want) will happen soon if there is going to be an ownership change. 

Rodgers needs to go first. Let's see if the owners will make a good decision with who is hired next... 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Bit unrelated, but spending 100m on a new training ground was an absolute waste of money and nobody can convince me otherwise

...spending the money but not upgrading the staff is the problem, the training ground is bricks and mortar it cannot by itself improve or transform players into elite beings!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Bit unrelated, but spending 100m on a new training ground was an absolute waste of money and nobody can convince me otherwise

You only need to convince one decent youth player to join the academy and the sell on fee pays for seagrave in whole. The whole of belvoir drive fits into the canteen of seagrave, an upgrade was clearly needed. But you won’t be convinced so this was a pointless post. 

Did the training ground opening not a coincide with Covid, followed by a compacted schedule, followed by  European Championship, then another season followed by an early start, then the World Cup? Yes not all of our injured players went to those tournaments but we can't afford a squad with 25 players good enough to just step into a first-team player's shoes and expect us to challenge for Champions League football.

That being said, I do wonder if it being in the countryside has an impact. It'll be freezing up there in the winter. How much time do they spend indoors on those days? What are the surfaces like indoors and outdoors during that time?Are all the players' muscles warm enough for all of the time that they're training and stretching themselves to the max trying to be ready for the next game?

I'm not in the game so what do I know?

Just now, grobyfox1990 said:

You only need to convince one decent youth player to join the academy and the sell on fee pays for seagrave in whole. The whole of belvoir drive fits into the canteen of seagrave, an upgrade was clearly needed. But you won’t be convinced so this was a pointless post. 

Belvoir Drive produced an academy graduate that we went on to sell for 50m. I said it in a later post but i'm not against building a new training ground, just why we spunked a huge amount of money on it. Did we really spend 100m on a training ground just so we could eventually sell what would be one of our best players to make our money back?

I love all this “Top needs to come out and talk” middle ground that those who can’t bring themselves to criticise fully are falling in.

They are, and have been, silent owners. They say very little and this was true even when Vichai was in charge. Despite the seemingly amazing relationship between owner and fans, 99% couldn’t recognise his voice in a line up of 5 random Thai accents.

Top is not going to talk as he’ll not have any interest in genuine engagement and scrutiny. Instead it’s do the odd charitable act, give up a few beers, doughnuts and t-shirts here and there and half the fan base gets on their knees for them.

1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I love all this “Top needs to come out and talk” middle ground that those who can’t bring themselves to criticise fully are falling in.

They are, and have been, silent owners. They say very little and this was true even when Vichai was in charge. Despite the seemingly amazing relationship between owner and fans, 99% couldn’t recognise his voice in a line up of 5 random Thai accents.

Top is not going to talk as he’ll not have any interest in genuine engagement and scrutiny. Instead it’s do the odd charitable act, give up a few beers, doughnuts and t-shirts here and there and half the fan base gets on their knees for them.

Literally had grown ups giving it the I am not worthy to him on that walk in Eindhoven.

• Haha 1

Are we Leicester City or King Power FC? Top shaking his head earlier in the season responding to the banner, suggests he doesn’t like criticism and probably thinks he should be immune to it. Constructive and visual criticism of those running the club is best way forward to get rid of Rodgers. 

• Like 2

There is only one reason to keep Rodgers and that's to avoid paying him off.

Instead stick ones head in the sand and sleep walk into the championship. 

We will be £100 million per year worse off year on year with dire consequences .

Come on Top sort it out or give us a clue.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Are we Leicester City or King Power FC? Top shaking his head earlier in the season responding to the banner, suggests he doesn’t like criticism and probably thinks he should be immune to it. Constructive and visual criticism of those running the club is best way forward to get rid of Rodgers. 

We’ve been King Power FC for a while now and people have just not wanted to acknowledge or admit it. 

We have a board that is completely powerless and are beholden to the whims of one man. This is why there has been no communication, Top has made his decision and its final. 

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Belvoir Drive produced an academy graduate that we went on to sell for 50m. I said it in a later post but i'm not against building a new training ground, just why we spunked a huge amount of money on it. Did we really spend 100m on a training ground just so we could eventually sell what would be one of our best players to make our money back?

No, but belvoir drive was no longer fit for purpose if the aim is to be a long standing premier league team. £100m sounds like a lot but really isn’t in an upgrade to a place or work at this level. 

51 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I'll beleive that when I see it.

TBH, King Power appear to have taken us as far as they are willing to go for now. The plans for the stadium were supposed to cement our place amongst the top 10 teams in the PL, but I just can't see them spending the money needed to get us out of this mess. The reluctance to splash the cash could be a reaction to the FFP rules, however its more likely to do with King Power Group losing money hand over fist because of Covid and trying to reduce their loses across the board. Some have suggested that King Power haven't actually spent as much of their own money on the club, yet we should remember that they did secure the stadium from Teachers at the beginning of their rein, and then converted some of the debt into shares. 

From the outside the club look and appear rudderless. By the looks of things BR,  Rudkin, Whelan & Top appear to be out of their depth, and have take a very stable PL club to the real threat of relegation. Yes BR hasn't been backed yet he is a very highly paid, and highly thought of coach; yet we're not witnessing his coaching expertise on the pitch. This decline is 18 months in the making, and sadly predictable. 

I might be wrong, but if we lose to Brighton BR will be sacked. Top needs to evaluate his position and if he can't see a way of competing even with the clubs around us perhaps it is time he should looks to salvage his dads King Power Group and sell Leicester to someone that can and will provide the club with the necessary fund to compete.

1 minute ago, LCFC1984 said:

TBH, King Power appear to have taken us as far as they are willing to go for now. The plans for the stadium were supposed to cement our place amongst the top 10 teams in the PL, but I just can't see them spending the money needed to get us out of this mess. The reluctance to splash the cash could be a reaction to the FFP rules, however its more likely to do with King Power Group losing money hand over fist because of Covid and trying to reduce their loses across the board. Some have suggested that King Power haven't actually spent as much of their own money on the club, yet we should remember that they did secure the stadium from Teachers at the beginning of their rein, and then converted some of the debt into shares. 

From the outside the club look and appear rudderless. By the looks of things BR,  Rudkin, Whelan & Top appear to be out of their depth, and have take a very stable PL club to the real threat of relegation. Yes BR hasn't been backed yet he is a very highly paid, and highly thought of coach; yet we're not witnessing his coaching expertise on the pitch. This decline is 18 months in the making, and sadly predictable. 

I might be wrong, but if we lose to Brighton BR will be sacked. Top needs to evaluate his position and if he can't see a way of competing even with the clubs around us perhaps it is time he should looks to salvage his dads King Power Group and sell Leicester to someone that can and will provide the club with the necessary fund to compete.

i think you'll be wrong unfortunately. we will lose to brighton and he still will be in a job

Edited by don_danbury

6 minutes ago, LCFC1984 said:

So many people saying today was the last game, last chance.

Someone's gonna be right one of these days.

Hopefully....

Slagging off Top and family when they have given us the most amazing 10 yrs. how can people be so fickle?Yes it’s bad at the moment, but careful what you wish for. If we had best Liverpool and Fulham which we could of done, would people still be spouting this drivel?

• Haha 2

Just now, Claridge said:

Slagging off Top and family when they have given us the most amazing 10 yrs. how can people be so fickle?Yes it’s bad at the moment, but careful what you wish for. If we had best Liverpool and Fulham which we could of done, would people still be spouting this drivel?

It’s not drivel. Wake up. The club is being mismanaged. 

we need answers. Bore off with this fickle rubbish. We all care about the club and seemingly over the past couple of years we’ve completely nosedived as a club. It’s not on and the owner and board has a lot to answer for l.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Vichai was a man of few words but was a man of action when needed. Rodgers would have been out of the door months ago.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Claridge said:

yes we should all sit back and enjoy our relegation imo 

Edited by don_danbury

2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

So we just look back on the last 10 years, slip back down to the Championship and be grateful?

No. We've missed at least three massive opportunities to move to the next level and fvcked them all up.

OK, I can live with that.

But I can't watch us sleepwalk back into the lower divisions, because that's where we're heading.

I can't remember the exact wording of it, but there was a banner at Newcastle a year or 2 ago that sums everything up: We don't expect trophies, but we demand effort?

I'm sure someone will correct that.

But at the minute we have nothing. Literally nothing. It's horrendous. 

• Like 3