Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
frany104

Time for the owners to sell up

8 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Slagging off Top and family when they have given us the most amazing 10 yrs. how can people be so fickle?Yes it’s bad at the moment, but careful what you wish for. If we had best Liverpool and Fulham which we could of done, would people still be spouting this drivel?

Are you an ostrich?? Is your head in the sand??

Not even that they should go, I just want them to speak to us and be transparent, why haven’t we spent any money in 18 months? Are they backing Brendan(and if so why)? Why have we let these players run their contracts down? Just poor management on the club 

11 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Slagging off Top and family when they have given us the most amazing 10 yrs. how can people be so fickle?Yes it’s bad at the moment, but careful what you wish for. If we had best Liverpool and Fulham which we could of done, would people still be spouting this drivel?

Sentiment gets you nowhere in football

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, frany104 said:

It’s not drivel. Wake up. The club is being mismanaged. 

we need answers. Bore off with this fickle rubbish. We all care about the club and seemingly over the past couple of years we’ve completely nosedived as a club. It’s not on and the owner and board has a lot to answer for l.

Barnes scores those two chances and Johnson is another cm further forward and we would be 13th with a massive injury crisis and no money to spend. Of course that is ifs, but Jesus saying Top should sell up blah, blah is nonsense.

I do think Rodgers has run his course, but none of us know if the owners are trying to get a new man in. Do people really think there are people desperate to buy lcfc? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When times were good no one noticed the silence at the top , now times are bad , and have been for a while, there is now a vacuum and being filled by rumours, guesswork and god knows what. There is more likely to be a comment by King Charles about Harry than there is from Top about the state of the club

On 04/01/2023 at 11:02, Leicesterpool said:

Even though times are tough at the moment. Yes the football is not good enough at present, I do think we have seen far worse times. The mid 2000's was depressing period constantly fighting for survival in the championship, bringing in some damn awful players managed by the likes Craig levien and Rob Kelly. Them times were so much worse. 

We aren’t that club anymore, it’s like saying if Man City were to go down then they’ve been there before. We have different standards now we are one of the most successful sides in England this century hard work got us in to a position where we could challenge the big boys of the league and mix it with them, I don’t see why we should just accept whatever happens because we’ve been there before

• Like 3

Just now, Claridge said:

Barnes scores those two chances and Johnson is another cm further forward and we would be 13th with a massive injury crisis and no money to spend. Of course that is ifs, but Jesus saying Top should sell up blah, blah is nonsense.

I do think Rodgers has run his course, but none of us know if the owners are trying to get a new man in. Do people really think there are people desperate to buy lcfc? 

Oh come on. Had we beat Spurs on the last day of the season a couple of years ago, we'd have been in the Champs League and everything would be great.

You can't have if's and but's in football.

We're 2 points off the bottom with a terrible run of fixtures coming.

It's bleak.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Oh come on. Had we beat Spurs on the last day of the season a couple of years ago, we'd have been in the Champs League and everything would be great.

You can't have if's and but's in football.

We're 2 points off the bottom with a terrible run of fixtures coming.

It's bleak.

Definitely bleak, but the talk is about Top selling up. Too who? And it’s a massive leap to think they would invest 100 of millions

24 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Slagging off Top and family when they have given us the most amazing 10 yrs. how can people be so fickle?Yes it’s bad at the moment, but careful what you wish for. If we had best Liverpool and Fulham which we could have done, would people still be spouting this drivel?

But but but if my gran had wheels she’d be a bike 

Just now, Claridge said:

Definitely bleak, but the talk is about Top selling up. Too who? And it’s a massive leap to think they would invest 100 of millions

There are actually billionaires more than willing to invest.

I'm not saying they're interested in us, but the PSG lot want to invest in the Premier League and so does Sir Jim Ratcliffe. 

Financial doping, ethical debates...I couldn't give a fvck right now.

We need investment desperately. 

Or, we just get pissed up for Cheltenham away in a couple of years.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

There are actually billionaires more than willing to invest.

I'm not saying they're interested in us, but the PSG lot want to invest in the Premier League and so does Sir Jim Ratcliffe. 

Financial doping, ethical debates...I couldn't give a fvck right now.

We need investment desperately. 

Or, we just get pissed up for Cheltenham away in a couple of years.

If there are great, but it’s a massive if

16 minutes ago, Claridge said:

If the owners are trying to get a new man in and can’t manage that then they are more incompetent than we have managed to realise.

Just now, StanSP said:

Close to buying Man Utd apparently 

That's the one he wants, we know that.

But if its not possible and he wants in...

I can honestly see Man City and Newcastle fighting out alone in a few years, we know they have unlimited funds, and there are ways around FFP.

You know its shite when Man U and Liverpool are openly looking for investment. 

46 minutes ago, Claridge said:

People need to realise it’s not 2016 anymore and we live in a completely different world post-pandemic. They’ve clearly took a heavy knock. Yes they’ve given us great memories but if you are an owner of a club in 2023 and cannot afford to sack an underperforming manager, that’s a red flag that would cover the family stand.

Edited by Trelleh
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tomlcfc133 said:

Not even that they should go, I just want them to speak to us and be transparent, why haven’t we spent any money in 18 months? Are they backing Brendan(and if so why)? Why have we let these players run their contracts down? Just poor management on the club 

He did a big speech about it at the start of the season. We overspent trying to hit European places, didn't sell any players and gambled with FFP. Now we have to cut our cloth accordingly and reduce the wage bill whilst backing the manager. And we bought 5 substandard players last summer.

It's totally piss poor. Very little of it is on him and most of it is on the directors he trusted to manage the money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

Slagging off Top and family when they have given us the most amazing 10 yrs. how can people be so fickle?Yes it’s bad at the moment, but careful what you wish for. If we had best Liverpool and Fulham which we could have done, would people still be spouting this drivel?

The players on the pitch gave us the most amazing 10 years

13 minutes ago, MattFox said:

The players on the pitch gave us the most amazing 10 years

Such an embarrassing hot take I don't know where to begin. 

We had an amazing 10 years because the stars aligned between good ownership, good management AND good players. Clubs like ours don't win the PL without all areas working in harmony.

Trying to discredit the owners and writing them out of our amazing story from the last decade is utterly moronic.

Also, by that logic, you agree that the players on the pitch are solely responsible for the position we currently find ourselves in? Yeah, thought not.

Edited by lifted*fox

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

I think you will find gratitude is the shortest lived of all the human emotions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

I think you will find gratitude is the shortest lived of all the human emotions.

I'm grateful to my wife for having got through our 30+ years with me as a Foxes fan with all the ups and downs that brings. 

Well, so far anyway. 

• Like 1

I think it is, I’d bet that the club is probably a bit of a hassle to Top who might be trying to out King Power in Thailand, a passion of his fathers at a more prosperous time and now feeling like a millstone, he’d probably like to move on from but wrestling with the fact it was his fathers legacy.

must be tough for him, he should move on if that’s what he wants, is dad will never be forgotten in Leicester