Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
frany104

Time for the owners to sell up

The "sustainability" thing is fine but it's just a rebranded way to say "I want to put next to none of my own money in but maximise the value of my asset as much as possible". 

Which is fine. Ultimately King Power are here to make money off the club just like every other owner in the league.

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, jerry said:

Supporters have short memories I'm afraid. We would not have had the success without their influence. Fans don't like it but we have been fighting above our weight and it's almost impossible to sustain this over a longer period of time.

I think this 'fighting above our weight ' is a total myth which is conveniently perpetuated one, by Rodgers for his own reasons and two, by the media for there's. 

Why do I think it a myth? Because at the time we were doing well, ignoring 2015/16, when you compared the actual players we had in our squad in comparison to the Premiership opposition, we had the talent to finish 5th with reasonable management. This had been made possible by good recruitment, buying and selling yet we weren't one of the big boys. Only financially were I suppose we were punching above our weight. Dortmund have been similar over the years.

Where it has fallen down is poor management and poor recruitment, the model changed. Nevertheless, at the start of this season with a fit squad and until the sale of Fofana, I still believe we had ample talent to expect 8th position given the circumstances but Rodgers has been a poor manager. It has highlighted that many of our results under him have been down to individual players contributions and certainly nothing to do with him, his tactics or style of play. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Am I right in thinking thats not great news really?

It’s not great because the freehold technically isn’t owned by the club meaning if they sold the club they could technically still own the stadium freehold.

However the club are technically supposed to buy the stadium at some point for a fixed cost plus interest (which KP have deferred) as part of the deal that was done when the club went into admin.

The stadium can’t be sold without the club’s permission either.

It’s not exactly a Cov or Derby situation but it’s something that could potentially get messy in a difficult takeover 

Edited by MattFox
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, MattFox said:

It’s not great because the freehold technically isn’t owned by the club meaning if they sold the club they could technically still own the stadium freehold.

However the club are technically supposed to buy the stadium at some point for a fixed cost plus interest (which KP have deferred) as part of the deal that was done when the club went into admin.

The stadium can’t be sold without the club’s permission either.

It’s not exactly a Cov or Derby situation but it’s something that could potentially get messy in a difficult takeover 

Sorry if this is a stupid question but who would be the representative of “the club” in this context?

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is that Percy setting up a couple of signings this week  ???? 

No, he says Leicester fans need ‘Perpective’, but the owners do need to respond to prevent a relegation fight.

Respond can mean anything.

Edited by stu
Clarity

11 minutes ago, lebleu said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question but who would be the representative of “the club” in this context?

If KP sold the club but didn’t sell the stadium they wouldn’t be able to sell the stadium without consent of the new ownership of the club.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sly said:

Who gets the revenue from the ticket sales then? King Power or Leicester City football club? 

Club get all the revenues and pay all the bills (except compass catering which is even more complicated)

For all intensive purposes it’s our own stadium it’s just KP own the freehold as part of a hire purchase agreement.

We gave the stadium to its creditors when we went into admin, agreed a deal where we could buy it back at a fixed fee which we still can.

KP just bought the freehold from the pension fund that had it before instead of using club funds basically.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Anyone got the content of this article? Will never pay a penny for a pay wall, particularly of that in the Torygraph. 

There isn't really anything we didn't already know - fans are turning on Rodgers and the board, we're working hard on signings and we do have some money to spend, we've got a lot of injuries and are shit. "The time for action is now" but not specified whether that refers to signings, sacking or both. The one thing that was sort of news to me was we were after Brennan Johnson in the summer before it turned out we couldn't buy him or indeed anyone.

• Like 1

We need to be reminded that:

- at the start of last season, after we choked and finished fifth again, we bought Daka and Soumare and brought in Lookman, with no major departure for the first time in years

- that was a major investment and Rodgers was backed by the club despite him wasting millions including on Praet and Perez who he clearly does not like

- we had too big of a squad at the time

- we had the biggest wage bill outside of the top 6

- then unluckily Fofana broke his leg and Rodgers brought in Vesty for another 15m, yet another failure in his transfer business

It was fair for the club to say to Rodgers this summer that you had to clear out players before you can buy some more as we sat on value in the tens of millions rotting away in reserve or sent out on loan. It was dumb for the club not to exercise the option to buy Lookman though as his value surely exceeded the price following last season. This is also in light of FPP rules.

Then Rodgers decided to undermine his players and the club by throwing them all under the bus. He is begging to be sacked, clearly.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The "sustainability" thing is fine but it's just a rebranded way to say "I want to put next to none of my own money in but maximise the value of my asset as much as possible". 

Which is fine. Ultimately King Power are here to make money off the club just like every other owner in the league.

If they're here to make money, then they should have sold the club a year or two back, when it was seen as a stable Premiership concern with a squad capable of pushing for a Euro spot.

The value of an ageing squad and a club plummeting towards a lower division (or two, things can deteriorate further) must have declined substantially.

7 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

- at the start of last season, after we choked and finished fifth again, we bought Daka and Soumare and brought in Lookman, with no major departure for the first time in years

- that was a major investment and Rodgers was backed by the club despite him wasting millions including on Praet and Perez who he clearly does not like

- then unluckily Fofana broke his leg and Rodgers brought in Vesty for another 15m, yet another failure in his transfer business

This is so crucial. Last season was really the first where we broke away from our model of selling 1 player at a huge price and re-investing in 2 or 3.

That only works if you are able to take the leap into a consistent european qualifier. We didn't take that leap. Soumare, Daka, Vestegaard and Bertrand all didn't work to the level they needed to.

We are now utterly in the mud. Regressing players on huge wages coming to the end of contracts, massive rebuild needed with a recruitment team we've seen little evidence of providing the required quality, a board that seems unwilling to fund that properly and a manager who is showing zero signs of improving any of our existing squad, or creating an environment that players buy into and sign new deals.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

It was fair for the club to say to Rodgers this summer that you had to clear out players before you can buy some more as we sat on value in the tens of millions rotting away in reserve or sent out on loan. It was dumb for the club not to exercise the option to buy Lookman though as his value surely exceeded the price following last season. This is also in light of FPP rules.

Then Rodgers decided to undermine his players and the club by throwing them all under the bus. He is begging to be sacked, clearly.

45m isn't major investment when you look at the rest of the league.