Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
frany104

Time for the owners to sell up

9 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

45m isn't major investment when you look at the rest of the league.

I’ve said this in a couple of other threads but most teams of similar size that have invested heavily (eg Everton, West Ham, Villa) have all lost more than 20 first team players since the start of the 2019/20 season.

We have lost 8. It’s not comparable when you’ve kept the core of your squad for so long.

7 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

We need to be reminded that:

- at the start of last season, after we choked and finished fifth again, we bought Daka and Soumare and brought in Lookman, with no major departure for the first time in years

- that was a major investment and Rodgers was backed by the club despite him wasting millions including on Praet and Perez who he clearly does not like

- we had too big of a squad at the time

- we had the biggest wage bill outside of the top 6

- then unluckily Fofana broke his leg and Rodgers brought in Vesty for another 15m, yet another failure in his transfer business

It was fair for the club to say to Rodgers this summer that you had to clear out players before you can buy some more as we sat on value in the tens of millions rotting away in reserve or sent out on loan. It was dumb for the club not to exercise the option to buy Lookman though as his value surely exceeded the price following last season. This is also in light of FPP rules.

Then Rodgers decided to undermine his players and the club by throwing them all under the bus. He is begging to be sacked, clearly.

Don't disagree with any of that, but surely Top knows all this so should be sacking him? How is he silly enough to give him (supposedly) another 30-50m this month and let him sign another couple of players, ones that the next manager probably won't want.

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Don't disagree with any of that, but surely Top knows all this so should be sacking him? How is he silly enough to give him (supposedly) another 30-50m this month and let him sign another couple of players, ones that the next manager probably won't want.

we wont be signing anyone that the coach has recommended - that mistake wont be repeated. 

i lived in thailand for almost 3 years, one thing that is engrained into their culture is not losing face. They will never call each other out in a way that would embarrass someone and they also never admit publicly to mistakes.  

The monarchy, government, head of police any position of power will never admit to mistakes and openly discuss how they can fix them.  There is absolutely no chance you have top come out and explain the issues because he will be pretending they don’t exist. That will roll down into our club, culturally i’m sure he will find it hard to openly question rodgers or rudkin about their roles and success. I’m not saying this wouldn’t happen at all, but i’ve seen some of the stuff that slides jn that country. 

He’s more likely to avoid talking about it at all then to really get into a confronting dialogue. Which leads to a loss of accountability.  

But my main point here, is that there’s next to no chance he will come out and issue a statement to the fans because it would be admitting a problem. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

i lived in thailand for almost 3 years, one thing that is engrained into their culture is not losing face. They will never call each other out in a way that would embarrass someone and they also never admit publicly to mistakes.  

The monarchy, government, head of police any position of power will never admit to mistakes and openly discuss how they can fix them.  There is absolutely no chance you have top come out and explain the issues because he will be pretending they don’t exist. That will roll down into our club, culturally i’m sure he will find it hard to openly question rodgers or rudkin about their roles and success. I’m not saying this wouldn’t happen at all, but i’ve seen some of the stuff that slides jn that country. 

He’s more likely to avoid talking about it at all then to really get into a confronting dialogue. Which leads to a loss of accountability.  

But my main point here, is that there’s next to no chance he will come out and issue a statement to the fans because it would be admitting a problem. 

Karen Brady reckons Vichai didn't have much trouble telling everyone he was sacking Ranieri

5 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Karen Brady reckons Vichai didn't have much trouble telling everyone he was sacking Ranieri

telling others and telling the person are different things my friend. There’s plenty of that crap still. 

The issue is that a thai owner may not approach the current manager, openly talk about issues to fix them. They are more likely to blindly sack them and move on like nothing happened, as is the thai way 

you also have to consider that they are raised in a country where it is illegal to speak badly of someone (this was designed to stop people talking badly about the monarchy or politicians)  That means in tops culture it would be illegal to be talking about brendan negatively and he could be sued for any such comments 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

telling others and telling the person are different things my friend. There’s plenty of that crap still. 

The issue is that a thai owner may not approach the current manager, openly talk about issues to fix them. They are more likely to blindly sack them and move on like nothing happened, as is the thai way 

So he's not got the money to fund us to compete, and doesn't tell the manager he's doing anything wrong. None of this is making me want him to stay.

Just now, Gamble92 said:

So he's not got the money to fund us to compete, and doesn't tell the manager he's doing anything wrong. None of this is making me want him to stay.

it’s the type of person that is good when things are going well. But a disaster when they aren’t.

Weve never been on a downward trajectory before now, it’s going to be a bumpy ride 

Huge couple of weeks for Top. 

If he doesn't sack the manager and/or invest in the squad, then he will have lost my support. 

Things just aren't adding up at the moment. 

This window and the summer one, will likely be make or break for us as a Premier League club. 

Big changes are required and we need an owner who is fully invested and committed to that.

I hope it is Top and King Power, but the silence and inaction is very worrisome. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lambert09 said:

it’s the type of person that is good when things are going well. But a disaster when they aren’t.

Weve never been on a downward trajectory before now, it’s going to be a bumpy ride 

Even when we won the FA Cup there were threads discussing the loans and suspecting maybe everything isn't as it seems. 

The biggest reason for the success has been owners who can buy the club, have a model of spending a bit to get us up and then relying on superb scouting/sales of players. We have been successful, but never because of big investment from the owners. Even the Championship spending was just a huge gamble to us as a football club, but never to them. They'd just have plonked us into administration if we didn't go up.

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

you also have to consider that they are raised in a country where it is illegal to speak badly of someone (this was designed to stop people talking badly about the monarchy or politicians)  That means in tops culture it would be illegal to be talking about brendan negatively and he could be sued for any such comments 

palps.gif

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

That attitude may wash when you are king of duty free and winning trophies. 

Everything has gone to shit and people are getting angry but he doesnt seem to care and he doesnt seem to acknowledge we want to know whats going on and what he's going to do about it.

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Huge couple of weeks for Top. 

If he doesn't sack the manager and/or invest in the squad, then he will have lost my support. 

Things just aren't adding up at the moment. 

This window and the summer one, will likely be make or break for us as a Premier League club. 

Big changes are required and we need an owner who is fully invested and committed to that.

I hope it is Top and King Power, but the silence and inaction is very worrisome. 

Financially we cannot compete in the Premier League with the current administration. You have to admire their efforts ,plus the disastrous effect covid had on their business empire. Bring in new investors now as it’s becoming embarrassing when we go after any new decent target, we are outbid by the big boys every time.

1 minute ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Financially we cannot compete in the Premier League with the current administration. You have to admire their efforts ,plus the disastrous effect covid had on their business empire. Bring in new investors now as it’s becoming embarrassing when we go after any new decent target, we are outbid by the big boys every time.

I'm not sure that has been decided yet, but is looking that way, and if we don't see 2-3 signings in this window and investment in the summer, then I'll believe it. 

5 hours ago, shiv said:

I’ve said this in a couple of other threads but most teams of similar size that have invested heavily (eg Everton, West Ham, Villa) have all lost more than 20 first team players since the start of the 2019/20 season.

We have lost 8. It’s not comparable when you’ve kept the core of your squad for so long.

He would argue that that is a large part of the problem re stagnation etc.

I would respond with a 9 iron, right in his chops.

On 15/01/2023 at 09:36, Babylon said:

The more I look at it the more I come to a similar conclusion. I noticed his mother is now head of Kingpower, when I’m sure at the start it was him?!? Could be wrong there, but I’m sure he was chairman where now he’s not. 

That, and him putting his own money in rather than Kingpowers during Covid. 

You beat me to it, I am pretty sure he was Chairman of KP, and now as you said its his mother, it could be a real life version of succession.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

There’s young adult supporters who haven’t witnessed a declining Leicester City.That’s a decade and a half of upward growth(With the occasional hiccup.)That long without a relegation must be a club record.Or we’ve had a long stretch in Division Two doing nothing a some point.

Something is seriously not right here. I should imagine their businesses suffered badly due to covid and maybe they are hanging on as long as they can as they don't want to sell especially Vichai's dream.  Sadly though it seems they are hanging on too long and that dream is imploding at a rapid rate. I dont want them to sell but clearly the finances are not there and most things within the club are on a downward spiral.  At the moment it is beginning to seem like the only option.

No money to sack Brendan? No money to entice a new manager? No money to buy players? No money for stadium expansion? What a mess this is becoming.

Edited by Hales

Just now, Hales said:

Something is seriously not right here. I should imagine their businesses suffered badly due to covid and maybe they are hanging on as long as they can as they don't want to sell especially Vichai's dream.  Sadly though it seems they are hanging on too long and that dream is imploding at a rapid rate. I dont want them to sell but clearly the finances are not there and most things within the club are on a downward spiral.  At the moment it is beginning to seem like the only option.

They could either sell the club, they could sell their principles and allow external investment, or alternatively tell us to STFU and be a bit more patient

Its a tightrope

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

They could either sell the club, they could sell their principles and allow external investment, or alternatively tell us to STFU and be a bit more patient

Its a tightrope

It certainly is a tightrope.  There is emotional attachments for them to the club and for us as fans. I don't want them to sell but how long can this go on for? Patience is all well and good but everything seems to be spiralling at the moment and has for a while.