Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
frany104

Time for the owners to sell up

6 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

£276m in debt to them as things stand. £383m put in over 10 years. Hmm

As far as I'm aware those debts have been mainly through loans and are tied to KP and not the owners. 

22 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I do find it funny when you see man u fans or gary neville absolutely fuming at the glazers but they are throwing so much dosh at it but any man u fan would say we are so ungrateful for complaining about our owners :dunno:

Fwiw I will always be grateful for them but something changed this summer, for whatever reason the interest in our club seems to have faded. We might survive this year but if we dont get the summer absolutely perfect, we will be back in the fight again. 

Next year we might have no star quality players left... weve not had that in a very long time ... but genuinely, if Maddison leaves... where is the hero in the team?  I really dont think Barnes can flourish without strength around him, he doesnt take the mantle on by himself.  Barnes is a talented player but he benefits so much from being lucky enough to have maddison around him.  I think maddison will be harder to replace than mahrez ... and we still havent achieved this. 

What? The glazers throw no money in. Man Utd just make an obscene amount of money thanks to merchandising, commercial deals and a ridiculously big stadium that sells out every week.

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

What? The glazers throw no money in. Man Utd just make an obscene amount of money thanks to merchandising, commercial deals and a ridiculously big stadium that sells out every week.

Yes, the Glazers’ money as the owners of the club which they, then choose to spend.

People tend to forget with 4 games to go last season we could still have been relegated!  2 to 3 wins against relegated fodder lead us to a false position in the league!  The problems on the pitch have been going on for two and a half seasons now!

• Like 1

Just now, truefox said:

People tend to forget with 4 games to go last season we could still have been relegated!  2 to 3 wins against relegated fodder lead us to a false position in the league!  The problems on the pitch have been going on for two and a half seasons now!

Very true.

1 hour ago, shiv said:

They bought the stadium for £17m, they converted £103m of debt into shares in 2013 (which essentially wrote off all money owed to them at that time) and gave us £16m per year in revenue through that dodgy commercial deal. I’m sure they’ve pumped more money in but those are the 3 things I remember off the top of my head. 

What's the upfront cost of that debt to equity swap though? I don't really have a clue but someone will know. The other figures are minor in the space of 10 years and the majority of the remainder is borrowed against TV money and via player sales :dunno:

They're fantastic businessmen to be fair, probably increased their asset's value 10 fold at least with minimal cash input from them. Plus their name plastered on every inch of the stadium.

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

16 minutes ago, truefox said:

I don't remember that many proud moments since winning the Community Shield.

Good results, but no real feeling of achievement.

32 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Very harsh! If you are a fan of nearly 60 years like me these guys gave us the ultimate dream and made it reality. Don’t ever forget what we were. If the only way to win stuff now is to be bought by a gulf state then I’m happy our bit in legend is secure

Feel exactly the same. And to be honest all those fans who spout the we'll be here long after they've gone stuff.  Who are you? Someone who's bought a season ticket year after year that someone else could have bought?

What have you done to help our team? I only go 10 games a year if I can and most of the time (UFS excluded) the rest of you are sh1te. 

You don't back us when we're losing, you don't stay til the end even though it's probably the easiest ground to get out of in the country. You assume the worst of the best owners any club has ever had. We need to help Top, not ask him to sell up, it's so ungrateful, disrespectful and I can't understand why you'd think a new owner would be better, you realise they could be the next Ashley right? 

My suggestion if you don't like the owners, go. Go watch someone else, lower league football is great isn’t it, let someone else have your seat, they probably want it more than you and they may have a set of lungs on them or even have the ability to encourage our team. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Doesn’t that also say increase in Share Capital? So that’s not necessarily the owner putting money in but selling further shares?…anyone know if that’s correct. 

Sounds much more like it.

Some serious barrel scraping going on to defend this complete sham of an ownership for years now.

• Like 1

I must admit it’s been a wild few days watching a 360 on the owners from a section of our fanbase when it comes to them investing money but defending them when it comes to raising ticket prices or any other the fan related poor decisions in recent years. 

Tbf is it a case that we just have an useless DoF who isn’t clever enough to assist a scouting team in looking at areas where our budget is good enough? Or has the DoF created such a cluster**** of a wage situation we aren’t the attractive club we thought we are ? 

I don’t think the investment or lack of is the issue. It’s the inability to spot and question how their investment has failed in recent months/couple of years 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Feel exactly the same. And to be honest all those fans who spout the we'll be here long after they've gone stuff.  Who are you? Someone who's bought a season ticket year after year that someone else could have bought?

What have you done to help our team? I only go 10 games a year if I can and most of the time (UFS excluded) the rest of you are sh1te. 

You don't back us when we're losing, you don't stay til the end even though it's probably the easiest ground to get out of in the country. You assume the worst of the best owners any club has ever had. We need to help Top, not ask him to sell up, it's so ungrateful, disrespectful and I can't understand why you'd think a new owner would be better, you realise they could be the next Ashley right? 

My suggestion if you don't like the owners, go. Go watch someone else, lower league football is great isn’t it, let someone else have your seat, they probably want it more than you and they may have a set of lungs on them or even have the ability to encourage our team. 

Don’t like the owners? Don’t support uslol As I said, they’re not kings the way you act like they are. Should the people who don’t like the manager not support the club aswell? 

26 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

The club was here a long time before the owners and will be here for a lot longer after they leave. If it's the cult of personality you desire, move to North Korea

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

I’d be surprised if Top sold us unless it was a cast iron great deal for the club and King power. The Thai people are very symbolic, considering the stadium is his fathers graveyard I cannot see it happening anytime soon. 

That's a western idea. 

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

Sorry but this doesn't cut it at all for me. The decisions made before promotion were all about the 100m+ a year you get for Premier League football. Since we secured that we have funded everything through loans and player sales. It's easy to go along with that narrative that they have done everything from the good of their hearts but they haven't. This is the first time we didn't have a big sale and we didn't get anyone. The model suddenly got found out, and we realised all the loans against TV money have caught up with us. We have loans against TV Money until 2025.

I'd like some evidence behind that graph shared too as to where that money was pumped in in 20-21. I think you'll find that's all from sales. That isn't a net spend. 

You mention in another post about scraping the barrel to support the owners but you’ve just totally fabricated something to suit your narrative. That is not true whatsoever lol 

The loans are against money already owed in order to aid cash flow. This isn’t new, it’s been done for years by most PL clubs. We did it in 2018 to accelerate access to the Mahrez funds. 

At least do some research before spewing total nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, shiv said:

You mention in another post about scraping the barrel to support the owners but you’ve just totally fabricated something to suit your narrative. That is not true whatsoever lol 

The loans are against money already owed in order to aid cash flow. This isn’t new, it’s been done for years by most PL clubs. We did it in 2018 to accelerate access to the Mahrez funds. 

At least do some research before spewing total nonsense. 

We are just loaning money to cover costs because the owners never put anything in. If you can't see that then i worry for you.

42 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Doesn’t that also say increase in Share Capital? So that’s not necessarily the owner putting money in but selling further shares?…anyone know if that’s correct. 

No. When an owner puts money in, they usually do it in the form of a loan. They can then choose to either have the loan repaid or convert their loan into shares which essentially means they don’t ask for their money back. So the graph has just included loans + increased share capital (ie the owners converting debt into shares and not asking for the money back). 

40 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Sounds much more like it.

Some serious barrel scraping going on to defend this complete sham of an ownership for years now.

Once again total nonsense. You don’t even know what you’re getting angry about at this stage. Please come back when you understand finances a bit more lol 

Just now, Gamble92 said:

We are just loaning money to cover costs because the owners never put anything in. If you can't see that then i worry for you.

What does that even mean? It has nothing to do with costs. It’s cash flow. It’s clear you know nothing about accounting so maybe pipe down. 

• Like 1

Just now, shiv said:

No. When an owner puts money in, they usually do it in the form of a loan. They can then choose to either have the loan repaid or convert their loan into shares which essentially means they don’t ask for their money back. So the graph has just included loans + increased share capital (ie the owners converting debt into shares and not asking for the money back). 

Once again total nonsense. You don’t even know what you’re getting angry about at this stage. Please come back when you understand finances a bit more lol 

You talking to me or Top?

1 minute ago, shiv said:

What does that even mean? It has nothing to do with costs. It’s cash flow. It’s clear you know nothing about accounting so maybe pipe down. 

You think taking loans out against TV money we might not even get because of relegation is a good way to run a club do you?