Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
frany104

Time for the owners to sell up

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I understand the lack of info from the Owners is worrying, but it's normal when difficulties arise in a Company.

Silence is very often the best way to protect yourself while they work through the difficulties.

Remember in business knowledge is power. Why would KP want to air those difficulties to the world.

I still think the main difficulty is the Accident and the difficulties it created washing through KP.

It's a whole different ballgame now. Vichai had the power to do pretty much as he wished as ultimately it was his Company.

With his assets being likely distributed amongst the family creates a whole new dynamic for KP.

That's even if this has happened yet as with big companies these matters can take years to resolve.

In the meantime we are just pawns in a complex situation waiting for the nest move.

It's not though is it, companies may not detail the issues but they comment on bad results and lay out clear plans for the future to inspire confidence.

The head in the sand approach to media and expectation management is only an approach for those who do not engage with PR professionals. It's a The Apprentice level of comms.

• Like 2

i'd hate for Top to sell obviously. irrespective of anything him and his family/associates have done more than anyone else to make us proud of this club. my only real issue is the fact brendan is still in charge because i think that's the easiest way of steadying the ship and who cares about 8-10 mill contract if it means we get relegated. Like a few people said there isn't a lot better investment opportunities for a potential buyer into football - state of the art facilities (even if at the moment they seem to not be realising potential) planning for ground expansion, a loyal fanbase and a city that while not exactly london manchester or even birmingham is in a lot better position than a lot of other cities in the UK and Europe mainly thanks to its geography.

all is not lost. 

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

And there’s more 

I imagine this is to release transfer funds for this window? Small panic from Top that we could actually be relegated without incoming players now? 

Still doesn't feel quite right, and I know he said some other clubs do this, but promising future 25/26 Premier League income (which we may not have) for a loan now, does seem like what an owner struggling financially would do. 

I could be wrong, but it just feels like we are unravelling here and we are taking on more and more risk, so that if we do fall, it could be much harder than before. 

On 17/01/2023 at 21:27, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I think Top has realised that he cannot afford LCFC anymore. But he doesn’t want to let it go - there are understandably many complicated emotional connections for him personally.

I get that he may have some personal investment after everything that's happened, but the main reason a club owning company will try everything to hold on to that club is because it's a huge marketing opportunity. The premier league and UEFA competitions are viewed by millions of people and every time they see Leicester there will be a reference to King Power somewhere, or at least some acknowledgement that they are the owners. Any personal attachment would be very much secondary to that.

You can’t run a “sustainable model” in the Premier League.

Its like turning to a Formula 1 race with the family Skoda and trying to compete. You’ll be bottom in no time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sly said:

You can’t run a “sustainable model” in the Premier League.

Its like turning to a Formula 1 race with the family Skoda and trying to compete. You’ll be bottom in no time. 

Mahrez, Vardy, Huth, Morgan, Fuchs, Kasper, KDH, Barnes, Maddison, Ndidi, Kante....I could go on and on, but these were all players, bought at different times under this Ownership, that were bought sustainably. 

Brighton are essentially what we once were, buying players of a very similar type to what we did. Now, for some reason, we turn our nose up at players from lower leagues, or from lesser leagues abroad. 

2 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

Mahrez, Vardy, Huth, Morgan, Fuchs, Kasper, KDH, Barnes, Maddison, Ndidi, Kante....I could go on and on, but these were all players, bought at different times under this Ownership, that were bought sustainably. 

Brighton are essentially what we once were, buying players of a very similar type to what we did. Now, for some reason, we turn our nose up at players from lower leagues, or from lesser leagues abroad. 

Two of those players weren’t bought. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

I very much enjoy our owners and hope they can steady the ship,  We seem to have lost our way in the last couple of years & I struggle to understand how Rudkin & Whelan have allowed this. 

He employs them both. It ultimately all lands at his door. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

He employs them both. It ultimately all lands at his door. 

There are no finals…so many mitigating circumstances

nor seen nor known from ANY fans POV…

Its was so easy & black n white in the old days, they have gone..!

Best to let the our & KP story run it’s course…> soon or in 5-10yrs plus <

Fans making up crap doesn’t help anybody….mists up the windows so to speak..

Everyday on here is being forced to read too forward fans clickbait..:cry:

On 18/01/2023 at 15:27, desertfox2 said:

Sadly I suspect this is spot on.

Even using the sustainable line earlier in the season. I hate to say it as I love the guy and his family but it's complete nonsense and a smokescreen to divert attention away from not being able to invest anymore to keep the club where it was. Man City, Arsenal with the stadium, Man Utd, Chelsea twice, Newcastle now, Spurs with the stadium, PSG, Barca etc none of it is ''sustainable'' it's only ''sustainable for as long as the owners are ready to pump the money in. Every club in the premier league is out spending us this season, we are bottom of the investment pile and heading towards the bottom of the table unless we can come up with some funds or a change. Forest beat us, what they are spending isn't sustainable, the whole of the premier league pretty much isn't unless you have a club like Newcastle under Mike Ashley and who wants that? 

There is no way he will find a decent minority investor. An investor in a football club in the premier league will want control or at least a route to control. It takes an immense amount of money to run a football club. His father had it but barely at the top end of the premier league dining table level. We had some good fortune,some great scouting and went further than even that would have ordinarily enabled us (i'm not only talking about the title win) It was then probably broken up and distributed to various members of his family when he passed. Covid hit the main cash generator, would have needed support and the other beneficiaries probably don't have the same interest for LCFC as Top does. I hope that i'm wrong here but if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

On a positive note there is big demand for premier league teams so we probably would find a buyer if the above is true and Top doesn't let emotion cloud his judgment and starts looking for a buyer. Regardless we are going to need some signings and a new manager if he wants to be selling a premier league team rather than a championship one.

I hope he finds some other way and finds money for the club however and stays but it's not going to be self financing which is really what sustainable means in that context.

Edit. It looks like Top has managed to get his hands on a pile of cash to get some much needed players in. The best possible result. We seem to have money again and it's with him :) 

It’s quite scary that almost everything you’ve said is totally wrong.

• Like 1

On 18/01/2023 at 23:29, STUHILL said:

I imagine this is to release transfer funds for this window? Small panic from Top that we could actually be relegated without incoming players now? 

Still doesn't feel quite right, and I know he said some other clubs do this, but promising future 25/26 Premier League income (which we may not have) for a loan now, does seem like what an owner struggling financially would do. 

I could be wrong, but it just feels like we are unravelling here and we are taking on more and more risk, so that if we do fall, it could be much harder than before. 

Maybe the players being targeted are being selected with a worst case scenario of relegation and part of the rebuild needed. As opposed to players we would have been targeting 12 months ago which negates the risk slightly.

On 18/01/2023 at 15:27, desertfox2 said:

Sadly I suspect this is spot on.

Even using the sustainable line earlier in the season. I hate to say it as I love the guy and his family but it's complete nonsense and a smokescreen to divert attention away from not being able to invest anymore to keep the club where it was. Man City, Arsenal with the stadium, Man Utd, Chelsea twice, Newcastle now, Spurs with the stadium, PSG, Barca etc none of it is ''sustainable'' it's only ''sustainable for as long as the owners are ready to pump the money in. Every club in the premier league is out spending us this season, we are bottom of the investment pile and heading towards the bottom of the table unless we can come up with some funds or a change. Forest beat us, what they are spending isn't sustainable, the whole of the premier league pretty much isn't unless you have a club like Newcastle under Mike Ashley and who wants that? 

There is no way he will find a decent minority investor. An investor in a football club in the premier league will want control or at least a route to control. It takes an immense amount of money to run a football club. His father had it but barely at the top end of the premier league dining table level. We had some good fortune,some great scouting and went further than even that would have ordinarily enabled us (i'm not only talking about the title win) It was then probably broken up and distributed to various members of his family when he passed. Covid hit the main cash generator, would have needed support and the other beneficiaries probably don't have the same interest for LCFC as Top does. I hope that i'm wrong here but if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

On a positive note there is big demand for premier league teams so we probably would find a buyer if the above is true and Top doesn't let emotion cloud his judgment and starts looking for a buyer. Regardless we are going to need some signings and a new manager if he wants to be selling a premier league team rather than a championship one.

I hope he finds some other way and finds money for the club however and stays but it's not going to be self financing which is really what sustainable means in that context.

Edit. It looks like Top has managed to get his hands on a pile of cash to get some much needed players in. The best possible result. We seem to have money again and it's with him :) 

All secured against money we don’t have and might not get. All the hallmarks of good ownership. 

https://football-italia.net/atalanta-boss-reveals-secret-to-lookman-transfer-from-leicester-city/

Congerton being praised for the Lookman transfer, having made the move quickly once he arrived. 11 goals and 4 assists in 18 games now in Serie A for Atlanta. Not bad for £9,000,000! 

Maybe, we just move to quickly and Congerton thought he’d be better off elsewhere? 

Maybe it’s the process and not the people why we keep missing out. 

We’ve seen how slow we are at getting people in. 

3 hours ago, Sly said:

https://football-italia.net/atalanta-boss-reveals-secret-to-lookman-transfer-from-leicester-city/

Congerton being praised for the Lookman transfer, having made the move quickly once he arrived. 11 goals and 4 assists in 18 games now in Serie A for Atlanta. Not bad for £9,000,000! 

Maybe, we just move to quickly and Congerton thought he’d be better off elsewhere? 

Maybe it’s the process and not the people why we keep missing out. 

We’ve seen how slow we are at getting people in. 

Maybe it’s the manager.

• Like 1