Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
frany104

Time for the owners to sell up

2 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I do tend to think Top isn't necessarily the best man for the job anymore. Just feels like his heart isn't really in it like Vichai. Seems unwilling to make the difficult decisions in regards to the manager and doesn't necessarily have the funds to back us anymore. 

I would hate the day things turned toxic towards Top and co.

It’s starting to happen. 

They’ve been brilliant for us. However maybe they have taken us as far as they are willing to go. 

If Top wants a pet project, then OHL is a lot cheaper to maintain. They’ll make money back whenever they sell us, as long as we’re a Premier League club. 

Vichai had a dream. Which when you scratch the surface started with promoting the growth of Football throughout Thailand. 

I’m not convinced that Top or the larger King Power family have the same connection they once did. It’s difficult to say though, as we don’t get a lot of feedback from them. It could just be the fact we’re not the #1 priority right now, as what spare capital they have, is offering better returns elsewhere. 

I believe they still do the “Fox Hunt” in Thailand, promoting football and bringing talented players to train from Asia to the training complex at Seagrave. We haven’t seen any fruit born from that yet. 

They heavily invested in a massive sky scraper, MahaNakhon back in 2018 and it appears they’ve been trying to balance the books and grow commercial from the assess they have at that and the new terminal extension, whilst navigating the tourism industry pre covid. 

The fraud claim with the Thai government was dropped I believe, so that’s no longer an issue. 

As fans it’s frustrating to have been on the pinnacle of breaking the top echelon of football, for us to revert to type. However it could be that they really do believe they can make us self sustaining by being just a brand in the EPL, making money from training and selling what talent they find in Asia. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

But here’s the thing I don’t get then - I’m sure Babs can explain it - why do we keep going to an bank to mortgage off future incoming sums of money to provide liquidity in cash? 

said elsewhere we seem to ignore the opportunity to sell naming rights and king powers sponsorship is quite modest 

Its cash flow. Even if a business owner loans the company money they have to repay it back with interest. Perhaps the king power do not have liquid cash so its like getting a loan note of sorts. Then if you start talking about FFP it opens up a whole new can of worms. 

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The money comes from selling Maddison and the massive reduction in wages and the  removal of amortisation of players fees from the books. 

We don’t spend £80-£90m in the summer and I’ll be shocked.

Still don't think that's enough without some absolute wizardry in the transfer market and I just don't see any signs we have the team in place to do it. We've had our time in the sun, we're done.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

There’s a lot of ungrateful people on here and with short memories too. Leicester City were transformed by the Thai owners-without them there would have been no title win, no European football, no FA cup win and no stadium expansion. They have even lost the head of their family in a tragic accident at the club. 

How some people can dismiss all that and not show an ounce of respect or gratitude for everything they have done for us beggars belief. If they are reading this drivel how will they feel? Will it make them feel appreciated or will they just feel like jacking it in? 

Frankly, some people don’t deserve to have owners like ours.

Nowhere in the initial post did I see a lack of gratitude. This is an investment game now just made worse by Newcastle. If they can’t keep up anymore then we are incredibly grateful but I can’t watch my club be run into the ground like this. Either we **** off the manager or they back him but doing neither gets us in even bigger shit, but in the Championship. We will be the next Blackburn, Wigan, Portsmouth, you name it.

• Sad 1

I’m quite surprised how many agree with the OP here and I don’t necessarily disagree either.

Really torn on this one. On one hand I agree that Top, King Power and co are fast losing interest and they clearly can’t fund the total rebuild that’s clearly needed in the next year.

But on the other hand, I do think be careful what you wish for (Yes I know that’s become a bit of a meme from the endless Brendan threads). It took a long time for us to find owners as good as them, often lauded as the best in the country and we struck gold at the time. 

Tough one.

Edited by Aleksz

1 minute ago, Aleksz said:

I’m quite surprised how many agree with the OP here and I don’t necessarily disagree either.

Really torn on this one. On one hand I agree that Top, King Power and co are fast losing interest and they clearly can’t fund the total rebuild that’s clearly needed in the next year.

But on the other hand, I do think be careful what you wish for (Yes I know that’s become a bit of a meme from the endless Brendan threads). It took a long time for us to find owners as good as them, often lauded as the best in the country and we struck gold at the time. 

Tough one.

Wasn’t there rumours earlier on September / October time via that Manchester United fan that we were for sale? 

20 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s starting to happen. 

They’ve been brilliant for us. However maybe they have taken us as far as they are willing to go. 

If Top wants a pet project, then OHL is a lot cheaper to maintain. They’ll make money back whenever they sell us, as long as we’re a Premier League club. 

Vichai had a dream. Which when you scratch the surface started with promoting the growth of Football throughout Thailand. 

I’m not convinced that Top or the larger King Power family have the same connection they once did. It’s difficult to say though, as we don’t get a lot of feedback from them. It could just be the fact we’re not the #1 priority right now, as what spare capital they have, is offering better returns elsewhere. 

I believe they still do the “Fox Hunt” in Thailand, promoting football and bringing talented players to train from Asia to the training complex at Seagrave. We haven’t seen any fruit born from that yet. 

They heavily invested in a massive sky scraper, MahaNakhon back in 2018 and it appears they’ve been trying to balance the books and grow commercial from the assess they have at that and the new terminal extension, whilst navigating the tourism industry pre covid. 

The fraud claim with the Thai government was dropped I believe, so that’s no longer an issue. 

As fans it’s frustrating to have been on the pinnacle of breaking the top echelon of football, for us to revert to type. However it could be that they really do believe they can make us self sustaining by being just a brand in the EPL, making money from training and selling what talent they find in Asia. 

There's a bloke with a long name that i always have to release on Football Manager. Think he's about 24 and still plays for our youth team. 

It absolutely is a tough situation.

A lot of the club's infrastructure doesnt seem very strong - especially recruitment, which has been the only way we have competed with wealthier clubs.

The pandemic really knocked King Power around and maybe the business can't fund a top end football club anymore. But it would be very hard for Top to sell; his father died here, don't forget.

Difficult situation all around.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Its cash flow. Even if a business owner loans the company money they have to repay it back with interest. Perhaps the king power do not have liquid cash so its like getting a loan note of sorts. Then if you start talking about FFP it opens up a whole new can of worms. 

yep it's cash flow as our bills go out monthly basis but we get the EPL TV (the bulk of the clubs revenue ) in stage payments every quarter. Most clubs other than the oil rich clubs take out these loans to aid cash flow - Arsenal just took out a loan against future EPL TV earnings  

32 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We’ve been hit with numerous issues. 

Players running down contracts.

Players getting injured.

Terrible transfers.

Aging players coming to end of careers.

Underperforming manager.

It was clear we had a massive rebuild needed and we screwed the pooch by buying a load of crap, and letting Rodger’s keep buying and jettisoning players.

We invested heavily in infrastructure, in wages and we’ve spent more than enough on players. This “not invested” shite is a total red herring. 

Babs hits the nail on the head with all these points.

Terrible transfers and wages especially is the main reason for our current struggles.

We’ve been lauded in the past for our work in the transfer market, but once that consistency comes to an end, a downward spiral in fortunes can hit you quick.

Rodgers, Rudkin and the scouting team are all culpable for what we’ve seen in the past year.

Whether this rebuild comes with or without Rodgers, it will literally make or break us.

My fear is that we become another Everton, continue to waste money on shit, which turns us into relegation fodder.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Tough one.

Completely agree with this. Feels so wrong to almost question them but at the same time, we probably all know that needs to happen if we want to compete … 🥺

• Like 1

Just now, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Before anyone else replies to this thread, can we start from the understanding that it’s possible to be grateful for the past but not let that cloud judgement on the future?

As soon as you start reading things like “imagine how the owners would feel if they read this” and references to the helicopter crash, you know you’re in a discussion where people are clouding their judgement in emotion.

Bang on.

Remember this is a business as well as your life passion. From both perspectives, horrible decisions have been made. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

King power has lost a shed load of money during covid and all they have done is block transfers till deadwood is removed from the squad to trim the wages.

That doesn't happen overnight so if we are not spending for a couple of windows then so be it..

This paragraph is sending us down. 

Either sack and trust someone knew with new player investments or buy a few who will keep us up.

Doing neither will finish us. Do we really see this side we watched tonight avoiding relegation?