Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
frany104

Time for the owners to sell up

12 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

No. The owners need to stay. They just need to sack the **** in charge of the team.

No, it’s more than Rodger’s. a manager can say I want these players A, if we can’t get them players B, if we can’t get them players C. We have no idea what’s gone on, what we do no is some idiot has been dishing out ridiculous contracts, that’s our problem.

im sure there’s an issue with Rodger’s but the rot runs deeper than that.

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

No manager survived more than 6 losses and yet Rodgers did. Our owners are patient but something has changed. 

I don't see how the rebuild happens here, where is the money suddenly going to come from if its been stopped because we don't have any. I had naively thought it might be because Brendan was being held accountable for wasting it and trying to oush him out but given we are well within a shot at relegation this season, you wouldn't play such a perverse game.

Top money stopped how ?

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The blind, non-negotiable pro-owner outlook of some on here and generally around the fan base is frightening. They are not a deity. 

More frightening than blowhards demanding the team be sold?  
I think not

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Sigh… it’s truly amazing that people with zero grasp of our finances manage to come to grand conclusions.

If Rodger’s hadn’t continuously spent money on total shite he doesn’t want to play, nobody would be moaning. 

It’s **** all to do with investment, anyone believing it’s solely down to that has been listening to that self serving c*** of a manager too much. 

I hate sticking up for Rodger’s but only a part of our troubles is down to him. The only transfer I’d criticise him for is Perez.
Vestegaard and Bertrand on paper were good signings, Bertrand as cover to replace Fuchs and Vestegaard as cover also, Daka and Soumare clearly had good pedigree and just haven’t worked out, but the fee wasn’t huge. 
what he is at fault for is falling out with players and killing the teams passion/team spirit.

the club however are at fault of mismanaging contracts/fees which has primarily got us to where we are.

• Like 1

The club was more vichai's dream rather than TOP'S. Perhaps Top is more about balancing the books rather than spending loads and gambling. I don't know if Top is looking back at windows of 2011 and 2016 where we overspent on bang average players. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

If you wanted an example of how impossible it is to have a reasoned discussion on this topic amongst Leicester fans, this is the finest example you could wish to read.

There are genuinely people out there who will in one breath talk about their lifelong commitment to the club and how much it means to them and in the next basically say that an ownership has free pass to do whatever they please without question.

I asked the question a year or so ago: what would it take for you to change your mind/viewpoint to say you’d like King Power to remain without any additional investment needed?

A lot of what came back was “they can do what they like” and “they’ve earned the right not to be questioned”. It’s absurd to think that football supporters could ever be in a position where the ownership got free pass to do as they please without question or accountability, yet here we are.

When the topic of fan ownership came up around the time of the Super League fiasco, some were even opposed to fan representation on the board! It can be real drinking the cool aid stuff at times on this particular topic amongst Leicester fans.

If you want an example of how ungrateful some people are then read this. 

I have saw where we come from 

My memory serves me well.

I'd much rather be where we are today than in many other times that I've supported my beloved club.

• Like 2

Interesting that since stadium redevelopment was rejected by the council, things have been quiet from above. I'm not sure if that's kind ruined future plans that top had in place. Now that project has been derailed its difficult to decide where to take the club next.

No doubt the redevelopment once completed would have set the club up for the future generating a lot of money and attract higher quality signings. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Interesting that since stadium redevelopment was rejected by the council, things have been quiet from above. I'm not sure if that's kind ruined future plans that top had in place. Now that project has been derailed its difficult to decide where to take the club next.

No doubt the redevelopment once completed would have set the club up for the future generating a lot of money and attract higher quality signings. 

Eh? Has it?

28 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

If I understand it correctly, the day to day running is Rudkin and Whelan, with the owner coming in on big decisions ie. stadium/training ground/manager. It seems it should be those guys getting the stick before the owner. 

The owner employs both of those people. 

10 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

If your employer was brilliant to you in the first few years of you working there, developed you and paid you well, you liked the people and the company but then in the following years they stopped investing in you, your pay was frozen and the general working conditions deteriorated, would you stay at that company for life because the first few years were great?

Or could you see a scenario where you might eventually feel the need to look for another job where you could fulfil your remaining potential, earn more money and feel like you were moving forward, and, upon handing your notice in, say “thanks for everything you’ve done for me, I’ve loved working here and I’ll always look back really fondly on my time working here”?

The point I’m trying to illustrate here is that it’s possible to make a change for a better future whilst still being grateful for the past. Wanting positive change - or even just discussing the possibility of change - is not a lack of gratitude at all.

Or you leave your job and wish you would have stayed because your new employers are rubbish.

Green Green Grass. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

We don't really need a stadium expansion if we're playing in the championship. Everything stems from what happens on the pitch. If Top doesn't want to spend money on the team, there's no need wasting it on the stadium. 

This all stems from Rodgers not wanting to sell anyone a couple of summers ago in a bid to push for Champions League football.

In the end, we had injuries and a lack of squad churn has led to stagnation and the coach's voice becoming less effective.

Players on large salaries are underperforming or are on the treatment table.

We've seen what a single good signing (Faes) and a single good coaching appointment (Knudsen) can do but we need more.

The basis of everything we have done right before is still there with Top, Rudkin and Whelan, and our scouting department is still identifying some gems.

Once we can free up funds we can get back to where we have previously been. That probably means a new manager and many players leaving with many more new ones arriving. That'll be a bumpy road and may take another couple of seasons to navigate. But Top and King Power are still capable of delivering what we need.

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

Or you leave your job and wish you would have stayed because your new employers are rubbish.

Green Green Grass. 

Did you think the same when Ranieri's position came under scrutiny, out of interest? Was it ungrateful or entitled to think that despite the wonderful things he had done for us it would be better for the future of the club if he were replaced?

4 minutes ago, Guest said:

Did you think the same when Ranieri's position came under scrutiny, out of interest? Was it ungrateful or entitled to think that despite the wonderful things he had done for us it would be better for the future of the club if he were replaced?

I trusted the owners as I do now to make the right choices. Nothings changed. 

I can’t understand why people are so surprised by this. It’s football. This football club from the outside looks an absolute shit show. A laughing stock on and off the pitch. The only thing we’ve this year is that they have decent eggs for brekkie at the training ground. 

It’s difficult running a business. The bigger it is, the more pressing issues can be. Especially in football where business combines with quirky regulation. For football fans of ALL clubs, the judgement will start and finish with what is going on on the pitch. Based on that, this question was bound to be asked. 

For me, I don’t mind either way. I’m certainly not part of the ownership are some sort of messiah - they’ve done a splendid job in taking us from a relatively modest £30m (?) turnover to a business with a £300m (?) turnover. Maybe we now expect and want a club that turns over £600m - that in any business takes time. Most fans don’t have that patience and arguably, they shouldn’t be expected to.

I’ll criticise them for the football decisions. I think it’s fair to do that simply on the lack of investment this season. I haven’t gone through the accounts nor am I privy to the current strategy (unless a board member is on this, no one is) but I can come to opinion that I strongly disagree with the current approach purely as a football fan  - i’d be surprised if any fan thought what is happening now is great.

Top’s at the top (no pun intended) as is Whelan and the rest. If the fans turn, they have to stomach it with a smile. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, frany104 said:

When was the last time anybody saw him at the games? 

Newcastle a week ago. Considering the man has a multinational business empire to take care of, I'm surprised he's ever got time to be here. He was also famously videoed doing keepy-ups at the training camp before Christmas so "his hearts not in it any more"? Really? I don't know how many more speeches he can give about protecting his father's legacy and providing financial backing into the long term future before that sinks in with some people. His Dad literally died here. They've spent time & money planning the extension to build the KP brand around this club. Short of tattooing a club badge on his arse and singing "When You're Smiling" on the rooftops, he can do little more.

Things are tight with money right now, things are tough on the pitch BUT be very, very careful what you wish for when talking changing owners. We need to invest enough to keep us in the division whilst the rest falls into place. The thought of some arrogant Yank or a Saudi using us as a plaything, really doesn't appeal.

• Like 3