Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
frany104

Time for the owners to sell up

6 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

The point I’m trying to illustrate here is that it’s possible to make a change for a better future whilst still being grateful for the past. Wanting positive change - or even just discussing the possibility of change - is not a lack of gratitude at all.

I get what you mean, but you're posting and suggesting this as if the next owners will also be as good as KP have been and not send our club further into the ground... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

No, blame Rodgers.

Listening to his interview tonight on the radio on the way home and he was moaning we had a small squad. Well it's a 25 man squad with no youth players in it and filled with the likes of Vestergaard who cost good money and who was your buy and never gets a game.

Only Chilwell and Schmeichel aren't there from the two 5th placed finishing side, our downfall is a large part to players regressing under Rodgers. Every time I here the cretin he's palming off responsibility to anyone but himself.

Valuable assets have either left, are leaving or have regressed on his watch. The only exception might be Maddison (18 months still left) and Vardy (age more a factor).

The likes of Cags, Ndidi etc used to be among first bames on the teamsheet, and now both are utter dross (or more in Cags case can’t get a game for love nor money). 

What a mess, and genuinely who would want that rebuild job? Also in Jan, what player who really knows about football would want to come?

We were such an attractive proposition when Rodgers came here, but we’ve sleepwalked into being bottom 6 from 18 months ago being considered top 6. Utter mismanagement literally from Top to bottom I’m afraid, and it’s painful to watch.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, frany104 said:

Simple really. Can’t thank them enough for what they’ve done but we’ve been mismanaged and ran into the ground for a few seasons now. We’ve got no money and built a new training ground for £100 million which is crippling us. We can t afford to sack an under performing manager. When was the last time anybody saw him at the games? 

His hearts not in it anymore, time to say thanks very much and sell up. 

His father was the success, sadly Top not up to it.

7 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

There's a bloke with a long name that i always have to release on Football Manager. Think he's about 24 and still plays for our youth team. 

Suengchitthawon Thanawat Is the one you’ll be thinking of. He featured in pre season last year and has been continually injured ever since. By all accounts a half decent player. 

• Thanks 1

You only have to look at the likes of Chelsea or Everton who spend stupid money and chop and change managers constantly to realize making good signings and appointments isn't easy, and even if it were, they still don't guarantee success.

Completely disagree with the title of this thread. If we survive this season and then that allows us to trim the wage bill massively with these contacts expiring we should be able to have another crack at a few good signings with this new head of recruitment. 

IMG_20230103_224727.jpg

@themightyfin @Freeman's Wharfer

As it’s quite rightly an emotive topic, it’s basically a catch 22. 

King Power have been exceptional for us, allowing us to do things as a club that   every other club bar Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool have achieved in the past 8 - 10 years. 

Most clubs would want our ownership. In many ways, our expectations as a fan base have been raised and we’re looking to compete with the oligarch clubs, with a different model. We’re aiming to be the “Brossia Dortmund” of the Premier League. During this period we’ve attracted a lot of new supporters that haven’t seen us play the likes of Peterborough away in League 1. 

The issue with the Premier League now is, the scale of money involved just to compete got that bit harder with Newcastle joining the fray. Realistically, it is the Super League. 

I think the rumblings come from the fan base that still want us to sit at that top table. That’s tough and without the “Super League” investment whereby we are going to throw £100m+ per season at it, we are destined to be a mid table team. 

On paper, we are never competing with Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Newcastle, Manchester United, Liverpool  or Tottenham financially. If you were looking to buy a football club, you’d need some serious wedge to compete and as an investor, I’d question why I’d buy a Premier League club now, as the chances of even getting into Europe are incredibly difficult. 

Some of our fan base have been on a journey and want that to continue. That just isn’t going to happen, with the likes of a Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk purchasing us. The reality is we would end up with someone like the Glazers, or even worse Mike Ashley so we’d risk dropping even further down the pecking order. 

For me King Power see us as a business venture with a means to end. It’s frustrating and we should be performing better than we are, however the situation we are in, is largely born out of good intentions.

The frustrating thing is the injuries. That really does need reviewing. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

We’ve been hit with numerous issues. 

Players running down contracts.

Players getting injured.

Terrible transfers.

Aging players coming to end of careers.

Underperforming manager.

It was clear we had a massive rebuild needed and we screwed the pooch by buying a load of crap, and letting Rodger’s keep buying and jettisoning players.

We invested heavily in infrastructure, in wages and we’ve spent more than enough on players. This “not invested” shite is a total red herring. 

Well that's surly a sign of a club being run poorly all the points you make, and that's when you start pointing fingers at the ownership, and threads like this are only here because we care.. 

7 hours ago, splinterdream said:

No, it’s more than Rodger’s. a manager can say I want these players A, if we can’t get them players B, if we can’t get them players C. We have no idea what’s gone on, what we do no is some idiot has been dishing out ridiculous contracts, that’s our problem.

im sure there’s an issue with Rodger’s but the rot runs deeper than that.

Nah. We'll be fine again as soon as he's gone. There probably is some stupid contracts but they're still better than the performances have been this season. 

Just now, StanSP said:

I know you've said 'if' but I don't get where this comes from. It's all conjecture and speculation and no one can really put any substance behind it. 

I'm not saying he has. Of course I don't know if he has but we need somebody to take control of this situation now and it can't be half hearted 

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm not saying he has. Of course I don't know if he has but we need somebody to take control of this situation now and it can't be half hearted 

I totally agree. 

Generally with topics like this (so not fully directed at you), there's a lot of speculation. 

Us, as fans, probably have next to little or no real knowledge of how to run a football club. We can perhaps make certain assumptions based on finances and perhaps make educated guesses or read between the lines, but I do wonder that there's a hell of a lot more that goes on behind the scenes that we'll ever be privy too. And that's how it always will be.

Some money may have dried up because of the revenue streams slowing down and therefore that affects the money that the owners are willing to part with. But for me that doesn't indicate that Top has lost interest. At least not yet, anyway. Things definitely do need to change though - given we've not spent large swathes of money for best part of 12-18 months, you'd like to hope that there's now money available to a) buy players and b) sack Rodgers. The other financial hit though may be paying another club off to get their manager. 

It's a miserable position we're in and something we're not used to after so much success in the last 7 years. 

• Like 2

I have been calling this all season, time to back the manager and get in a saudi prince to pump some £££££££££ into it. King Power just dont have the funds that the PL demands, football is moving into a new era that we all refused to admit for many years and this whole 'dormund esk sneaky buys and selling them on for BIG CHEESE to compete doesnt work in this league. Time to sell your soul like every other club has and get that sweet sweet prince. k thanks #RODGERSSTILLIDDIIIEEEE #BACKTHEMANAGER

Edited by Simoken
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Having Jeff Bezos (or Saudi Arabia) as your owner doesn’t allow you to spend endless money. The “big” clubs spend a lot because they generate a lot of revenue.

Revenue which we are not taking advantage of ala refusal to sell naming rights or sell Belvoir Drive off. 

I get why people defend their investment record but the decision making at board level has been poor for a sustained period now.

They’ve kept with Rudkin as the link between the board and the manager. He should be their realistic sound board - the person who brings football acumen to the table. Yet the departments on paper you’d expect him to be in control of are being left behind. 

Our scouting is paint by numbers. We haven’t moved onto other markets like other clubs where players are cheaper and can now get work permits. 

Youth system isn’t bad on producing players but the results are dire on the pitch. We’ve stockpiled players in the Under 21s/23s. 

Our wage bill looks bloated - so that’s another failure. 

More debatable areas but commercially we don’t appear to have great foresight when it comes to merchandise. The ticketing side is proving a pain for majority; some policies which don’t assist the growth of the fanbase. Throw in the catering contract too. 

Yeah I’m having a moan

• Like 1

Yeap, saying this since summer and i was laughed at, but owner is the problem 

damage is already done they fcked up everything 2 years straight with their decisions 

from that top 6 contender Leicester is now bellow average club and will be for a while if owners does not change 

9 hours ago, frany104 said:

Simple really. Can’t thank them enough for what they’ve done but we’ve been mismanaged and ran into the ground for a few seasons now. We’ve got no money and built a new training ground for £100 million which is crippling us. We can t afford to sack an under performing manager. When was the last time anybody saw him at the games? 

LCFC is a cash cow. The Thai's won't sell. KP is in trouble.  New training ground to develop players internally and save money on recruitment. That was what it's all about .....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, frany104 said:

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this ! Iv been saying it for the last year or so. If Top feels he's taken us as far as he can and sees the opportunity for the club to progress and take us to the next level under a new regime i can see KP selling up. Its been a hell of a ride ! I posted about selling up  on a FB forum about a year ago, didn't go down to well and got called all sorts lol 

9 hours ago, Babylon said:

No, we need better scouting first and foremost. We battled for the top 4, won the FA cup and won the league on little money. Do people not understand it’s far more than just money.

We spent £60m on shite summer before last. Spending £300m on shite doesn’t make you better. 

Just look at Chelsea. Spent £270 million this summer to be worse than than last year. I agree it's not how much you spend but how you spend it. With a little foresight we could have signed Pope to replace Kasper, Ben Mee, Ismaila Sarr to solve the Right wing, all 3 would have come to less than £50m and we wouldn't be in anywhere near as much crap as we are now.

• Like 1

I'm confused I thought you could only invest money in the team from money made from football operations money spent on infrastructure would not have been available for players.

We've created our own problems by very poor purchases, over paying wages, injuries and all controlled by FFP which I believe is based on our football revenues.

Surely outside investment would only allow us to do more infrastructure work not buy players.

Am I missing something - help me?

17 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Because is all Top has to do with his life now is run LCFC.

Feck the business that made it all possible in the first place.

If the King Power business is in a bad place and he doesn't have the time, energy or money to run this football club he should sell up and move on. It might be a nice little hobby and plaything for him but to us its a lot more. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

There’s a lot of ungrateful people on here and with short memories too. Leicester City were transformed by the Thai owners-without them there would have been no title win, no European football, no FA cup win and no stadium expansion. They have even lost the head of their family in a tragic accident at the club. 

How some people can dismiss all that and not show an ounce of respect or gratitude for everything they have done for us beggars belief. If they are reading this drivel how will they feel? Will it make them feel appreciated or will they just feel like jacking it in? 

Frankly, some people don’t deserve to have owners like ours.

If we have to give King Power cart blanche because of the league and cup wins, then we should extend the same courtesy to the players and managers who actually achieved that?

(We shouldn't, by the way, I'm just trying to point out how absurd that attitude is). 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

If we have to give King Power cart blanche because of the league and cup wins, then we should extend the same courtesy to the players and managers who actually achieved that?

(We shouldn't, by the way, I'm just trying to point out how absurd that attitude is). 

There is still a good chunk of our fan base that would have us treat KP with utter reverence regardless of what's currently happening.

History is history and whilst we can celebrate, appreciate and be grateful for that our bigger concerns are with the here and now. What happened 2 or 6 years ago doesn't make what's happening now acceptable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Nobody should get cart blanche, clearly there are issues. But throwing the baby out with the bath water isn’t the way, when a lot of the problems are caused by people actually in charge of the decisions lower down the chain. They need rectifying, but we aren’t Chelsea or can just keep throwing money about, so it’s a bit like turning an oil tanker, it takes time. 

The notion someone else will happily come in and chuck their own money about is ridiculous. There is enough evidence out there to the contrary.

To invest in long term growth and on the pitch building if a difficult balance to strike. But imperative if we ever want a sustainable way of battling with the bigger clubs in the division. 

We could have put all the money into the team rather than infrastructure. But it’s a short term thing, a bad window and all that money goes, with little to show for it.