Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
frany104

Time for the owners to sell up

13 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I really hope that Khun Top is our (successful) owner for many years. I have no insider info but I do get the impression he does too.

The difficulties he and his business are facing currently are plain to see though. The pandemic was brutal for his business, and because we’re now largely over it in the UK doesn’t stop the effects elsewhere.

I was travelling around Thailand throughout November and December (2022). 

They are a really lovely nation of people, super friendly, humble and well mannered. Talking to restaurant owners / hotel staff / bar owners etc etc the pandemic was never far from their thoughts and they were truly grateful to the few travellers that had made their way back to Thailand.

I asked many of them if business had returned to normal - They’d generally smile and say “no where near”… usually saying that customer levels were around 1/4 to a 1/3rd of the pre-pandemic levels.

We went through Bhankok airport 6 times during our stay, it was never busy. 

KP is a very profitable business… The hero products across the general shop front are dried fruits (eg mango) selling for around 4-5 times the cost of same product in a Bhankok supermarket.

The LCFC shop the same prices as the UK.

However, with a severe shortage of footfall they simply won’t generate the turnover they used to.

I really hope Thailand and the Srivaddhanaprabha family ride the storm and thrive.

It must be difficult to make risky decisions like firing your manager during this turmoil, hopefully he will see that it’s not possible to delay that decision any further.

There was an article in Bloomberg a few months back forecasting that international arrivals in Thailand's won't be back to pre covid levels until 2024 at he earliest, with more reliance on tourists from China/the far east as tourist from Europe decline. My brother lives on Koh Samui reckons tourism has started to pick up on the Island after China lifted the Covid travel ban but still only half as busy as it was before covid - apparently there are no cheap flights from Europe like there was before

• Like 2

Guest Fox-66
13 hours ago, frany104 said:

Simple really. Can’t thank them enough for what they’ve done but we’ve been mismanaged and ran into the ground for a few seasons now. We’ve got no money and built a new training ground for £100 million which is crippling us. We can t afford to sack an under performing manager. When was the last time anybody saw him at the games? 

His hearts not in it anymore, time to say thanks very much and sell up. 

Ok, so who do we want as new owners, once we ditch those who have unquestionably given us the best times in our entire 138 year history? 

I assume the need are for owners who are willing to spend loads of cash to allow us to complete with the elite?

So how about wealthy Americans such as the Glazers or the Fenway Sports Group? We all know the supporter of Man Utd and Liverpool are constantly signing their praises! :nono:

An American owner similar to Kroenke Sports & Entertainment could be an option, as they didn’t react to fans demands to sack a manager when Arsenal were languishing at the bottom of the league and as result, their faith in, and support for the manager has been amply rewarded. :appl:

Russian oligarchs? Maybe not an option right now. :thumbdown:

A wealthy Sheikh or an actual Middle Eastern country with unfathomable cash (and oil / gas reserves)? Yes? I’m sure we can all turn a collective blind eye to the beheadings, corruption, the appalling treatment of females and those with alternative sexual preferences so long as we get success - right? :thumbup:

How about a ‘local’ owner? ENIC Group with Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy at Spurs or Sullivan/Gold at West Ham? I have no doubt the respective owners of those two clubs are often singing in support of their owners! :angry:

A wealthy Greek owner like the scum up the road? Marinakis has ploughed millions into his club and subsequently his investment has seen them climb from bottom of the league to the lofty position of third from bottom. And yes, another blind eye needed to the match-fixing and drug trafficking allegations. lol

So what is your preference? 

Edited by Fox-66

the only way we get decent investment (which would probably be acceptable to a lot of the fanbase) is for the family to sell a chunk of the club to a wealthy individual and for the monies to be invested into the club.  (like the Czech fella at West Ham although he’s only done that on a guarantee that he can take a majority stake moving forward) 

they may not see the point if they don’t believe we will be relegated 

and by that stage no investor is going to buy in 

Actually think some decent points have been raised on this thread rather than the bile and hatred that gets chucked around on any threads about Rodgers. There's plenty of blame to go around and Rodgers has to take some of it but the way people talk about him you'd think he was the devil incarnate. My issue is that it wouldn't have taken loads of investment in the summer to keep this side competitive in the top half, even loan deals like the one for lookman the year before would have freshened things up a bit (like Rodgers had been saying since the Forest defeat). But instead we did nothing and that just created this negativity around the club that it's going to be tough to turn around without big investment and I just can't see that happening any time soon. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, AS78UK said:

Wow....what am I reading.   Still glad we have our owners.  Money has dried up, but what did you expect following Covid, there main business is in some trouble.   They were always going to need LCFC to stand on its own feet.    

Does yoi not remember life before Vichai and Top? 

Hate to break it you but we were a top division side before them.

Also, money dried up during Covid? We are still making a lot of money from the PL.

6 hours ago, Saxondale said:

Having Jeff Bezos (or Saudi Arabia) as your owner doesn’t allow you to spend endless money. The “big” clubs spend a lot because they generate a lot of revenue.

Also worth noting the smaller clubs that spend big aren’t exactly models to replicate. Look at Wolves, West Ham and Everton. 

2 hours ago, Fox-66 said:

Ok, so who do we want as new owners, once we ditch those who have unquestionably given us the best times in our entire 138 year history? 

I assume the need are for owners who are willing to spend loads of cash to allow us to complete with the elite?

So how about wealthy Americans such as the Glazers or the Fenway Sports Group? We all know the supporter of Man Utd and Liverpool are constantly signing their praises! :nono:

An American owner similar to Kroenke Sports & Entertainment could be an option, as they didn’t react to fans demands to sack a manager when Arsenal were languishing at the bottom of the league and as result, their faith in, and support for the manager has been amply rewarded. :appl:

Russian oligarchs? Maybe not an option right now. :thumbdown:

A wealthy Sheikh or an actual Middle Eastern country with unfathomable cash (and oil / gas reserves)? Yes? I’m sure we can all turn a collective blind eye to the beheadings, corruption, the appalling treatment of females and those with alternative sexual preferences so long as we get success - right? :thumbup:

How about a ‘local’ owner? ENIC Group with Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy at Spurs or Sullivan/Gold at West Ham? I have no doubt the respective owners of those two clubs are often singing in support of their owners! :angry:

A wealthy Greek owner like the scum up the road? Marinakis has ploughed millions into his club and subsequently his investment has seen them climb from bottom of the league to the lofty position of third from bottom. And yes, another blind eye needed to the match-fixing and drug trafficking allegations. lol

So what is your preference? 

Good post!

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's a bit of a potential red herring on getting loads off the wage bill this summer. We've supposedly offered Evans, Soyuncu and Amartey new deals. There's been talk that ideally Rodgers wants Perez to stay and most definitely we are desperate for Tielemans to stay. None of these players are in it for a pay cut are they? So it's very confusing on what on earth we are going to do. 

We seem to have to move players on but at the same time refuse to sell fringe players unless it meets our valuation, rather than with the main goal of getting them gone and free up wages.

The more I type all this, the more confused I am and the more angry I get at how this club is being ran. I hope I'm very misunderstood or clueless, it wouldn't surprise me.

Well, all three aren't going to sign a contract, and I'd imagine we would want Evans to take a decent pay cut with a view to his lack of availability. I'd imagine we are offering them a contract because we can't afford to buy 3 replacements in the summer.

I can see us buying 1 CB and Evans and Amartey signing a new contract. Evans will have to take a pay cut like Vardy.

Bertrand is going 100%. Can you see Soyuncu and Tielemans staying? I can't so those 3 combined maybe 150k

Then you have Perez and Mendy for another 100k, I just can't see them staying.  

I can't see Praet wanting to hang around, so hopefully his gone, and we bank some cash. 

48 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Leicester City Football Club loved by 1000s being dismantled brick by brick by one fcuking clown :brendan:

I blame the owners. not enopugh character for my liking. #timetosellup #backmyself #backthatmanager #payriseincoming

3 hours ago, MancFox24 said:

Actually think some decent points have been raised on this thread rather than the bile and hatred that gets chucked around on any threads about Rodgers. There's plenty of blame to go around and Rodgers has to take some of it but the way people talk about him you'd think he was the devil incarnate. My issue is that it wouldn't have taken loads of investment in the summer to keep this side competitive in the top half, even loan deals like the one for lookman the year before would have freshened things up a bit (like Rodgers had been saying since the Forest defeat). But instead we did nothing and that just created this negativity around the club that it's going to be tough to turn around without big investment and I just can't see that happening any time soon. 

Like the summer before where he spent £60m on a load of duds, that we still have on the books. 

What created the negativity was Rodger’s, running his squad down. A squad when fit (yeah he can’t keep any of them fit can he) is more than good enough for a top half finish…. Or it was, before he alienated loads of them, crocked the other lot, and mishandled god knows how many others. 

Rodger’s is all about Rodgers, and all he did constantly was point fingers and say “not my fault”, despite us being beyond useless for great chunks of other seasons under him, with him actually singing players. 

All I can add here is that I'm grateful for our owners and fot their patience. I loathe trigger happy owners, and I trust ours far more than the vast majority of the hyped up self-serving rationalising on here. 

Edited by HighPeakFox
Bad English
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

You only have to look at the likes of Chelsea or Everton who spend stupid money and chop and change managers constantly to realize making good signings and appointments isn't easy, and even if it were, they still don't guarantee success.

Completely disagree with the title of this thread. If we survive this season and then that allows us to trim the wage bill massively with these contacts expiring we should be able to have another crack at a few good signings with this new head of recruitment. 

IMG_20230103_224727.jpg

All i'm imagining is the budget adjustment feature on Football Manager

4 hours ago, J. James said:

The only problem with selling something is that someone is going to buy it, and that someone is not guaranteed to be adjacent  to a decent human being.

We all know that the fit and proper person test extends those two words to dictators, torturers, oppressors, fraudsters and mass murderers, not Russians though for a couple of years or until the spotlight falls elsewhere.

In reality the only requirement is lots of lovely money, no doubt sloshed around librally to wash away those inconvenient truths and bloodstains.

If our owners sell our club at this time it will be bought either by an American billionaire who, used to wielding power and influence will change our English club into an American model of a simple money making enterprise - (as F1 is rapidly descending into).

Or worse still (imo) by one of the numerous morality free, mass murderering dictators of the middle east.

Personally l consider myself a flawed human being - l know I'm not perfect, l do however have lines that l would not cross and associating in however many places removed with such, and l use the term loosely- people- is several hundred miles over that line in the sand for me.

To accept their ownership is to be complicit in their crimes against humanity.

l will take supporting my club under apparently benevolent owners back to Division one, back to Yeovil on a Wet Tuesday in October rather than win the Champions league under Barbarians.

Because the day our club is sold to one of the above it ceases to be my home town club and l cease all interest in it.

Be very, very careful what you wish for people.

nah not buying it, nice try Top. bring on that saudi billionaire!!

Edited by Simoken

18 hours ago, hejammy said:

I'm not sure people quite understand how King Power was effected by COVID. They took a massive hit and now they need to consolidate their finances for a short while before they start pumping money into Leicester again. The moment they don't give the club a bit of money we turn our backs on them? After what they've done for us? Shame really. :nigel:

It’s a great luxury to own a Premier League club. If they can’t afford it they need to sell. I’m not going to be making excuses for billionaires.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J. James said:

The only problem with selling something is that someone is going to buy it, and that someone is not guaranteed to be adjacent  to a decent human being.

We all know that the fit and proper person test extends those two words to dictators, torturers, oppressors, fraudsters and mass murderers, not Russians though for a couple of years or until the spotlight falls elsewhere.

In reality the only requirement is lots of lovely money, no doubt sloshed around librally to wash away those inconvenient truths and bloodstains.

If our owners sell our club at this time it will be bought either by an American billionaire who, used to wielding power and influence will change our English club into an American model of a simple money making enterprise - (as F1 is rapidly descending into).

Or worse still (imo) by one of the numerous morality free, mass murderering dictators of the middle east.

Personally l consider myself a flawed human being - l know I'm not perfect, l do however have lines that l would not cross and associating in however many places removed with such, and l use the term loosely- people- is several hundred miles over that line in the sand for me.

To accept their ownership is to be complicit in their crimes against humanity.

l will take supporting my club under apparently benevolent owners back to Division one, back to Yeovil on a Wet Tuesday in October rather than win the Champions league under Barbarians.

Because the day our club is sold to one of the above it ceases to be my home town club and l cease all interest in it.

Be very, very careful what you wish for people.

Agreed but have you checked how King Power made their money and who they’re connected to? There are no “clean” billionaires.

• Like 1

Can someone just clear something up for me.  I thought we can't spend because we are close to breaking FFP and our owners seem very intent on not breaking them.  Is this nonsense then?  If it isn't nonsense then what will new owners achieve if they play by the same rules? 

3 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Can someone just clear something up for me.  I thought we can't spend because we are close to breaking FFP and our owners seem very intent on not breaking them.  Is this nonsense then?  If it isn't nonsense then what will new owners achieve if they play by the same rules? 

Fresh revenue streams, new naming rights, sponsorships etc 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Fresh revenue streams, new naming rights, sponsorships etc 

The one thing that I think our owners could be criticised for is the failure to maximise commercial revenue rights which is one way of kicking more cash in to the playing side of the club. But it's not an easy area to male serious in roads in to, even with our unbelievable success we've not made much of a dent.

• Like 4