Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
frany104

Time for the owners to sell up

They owe us nothing, we owe them everything. No club is entitled to billions of point of investment and no fans deserve to be gifted huge resources.

The ungrateful will describe this as a love-in or say they are grateful but this is about the future and not the past or other similar phrases but what they really mean is either spend huge amounts of your personal fortune or shove off. 

Who knows-they might just do exactly that and we might be left with something very different and much worse instead.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

They owe us nothing, we owe them everything. No club is entitled to billions of point of investment and no fans deserve to be gifted huge resources.

The ungrateful will describe this as a love-in or say they are grateful but this is about the future and not the past or other similar phrases but what they really mean is either spend huge amounts of your personal fortune or shove off. 

Who knows-they might just do exactly that and we might be left with something very different and much worse instead.

You're ungrateful if you don't think Ranieri should still be manager.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I cant believe the level of dillusion of some on here.

A few years ago many said we had the best Owners in the league , Well nothing has changed for me, We still have the best  Owners.

Covid and the tragic accident has played us a dirty hand, They both meant things were going to change certainly in the short term.

In the meantime we as Fans just have to hang on in there while the Club get the finances back in order, And they will. 

We were never going to be Man Utd ,Chelsea, etc. And I wouldn't want us to be.

I just love little old Leicester, The Clubs that's given me so many ups and downs in my 60 years follwing them.

The fact that we managed to win the league and Cup in recent years is down to the Owners.

We're in a much better place now than we've ever been. We just need to wait out this rough patch we're going through.

I want the Owners and Top to continue running the show even if that meant a relegation which I doubt. 

The grass isn't always greener on the other side. 

Grass isn’t greener but will accept a relegation. I’m pretty sure we can find a greener side than that.

9 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

A reasonable demand from a fan base though is that the vast revenue the club does generate by being a successful PL club is spent wisely and if it isnt then those responsible are held accountable. That hasn't happened in recent years and as the owner of our club I think some tougher decisions need to be taken to correct this, starting with Rudkin who is largely responsible for the hideous wage bill we have and Rodgers and staff for the recruitment of players that have been paid way over the odds.

Don't care about the owners trying to pull tricks to plough their own money in to the club to fix it, I'd rather their threshold for failure be tighter and demand more from their staff.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Do you realise they take money out of the club both literally and via all of the free marketing they get for their other company?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kristianity77 said:

Can someone just clear something up for me.  I thought we can't spend because we are close to breaking FFP and our owners seem very intent on not breaking them.  Is this nonsense then?  If it isn't nonsense then what will new owners achieve if they play by the same rules? 

We have been pushing the boundaries for our recent EPL years and no issue in our championship promotion season, we just decided this season we no longer want to.

Now when it comes to accounting, things can be done to paint a different picture, so if the desire was to spend more I am sure the books would be cooked to allow it.

The answer to your question depends if you think Top has been honest with the fan base or if FFP is a convenient excuse for closing the wallet.

For me spending is a factor but its not everything, also looking at when he shows up for games, the inaction on a poor performing manager, the contract situation with players, the never ending loans been taken out, stadium seemingly on hold, its everything combined for me.

25 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

To be frank I owe them nothing.  Before you start making assumptions like you did in the post I am replying to, it doesnt mean I am not grateful for our recent years.

Edited by Chrysalis

Just now, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Do you realise they take money out of the club both literally and via all of the free marketing they get for their other company?

I just want our club to be Leicester city football club again and not a subsidiary to king power.

The whole match day experience now just consists of just one embarrassing cliche to another and that’s not just the football.

When you turn up at the stadium now it’s just one big shrine to the king power family with North Korean style props.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jonathan_ross said:

The whole match day experience now just consists of just one embarrassing cliche to another and that’s not just the football.

Genuine question: isn't that pretty much the EPL product whichever club you go to? I blame Sky and painted faces.

Maybe lower/non league clubs is where you might find something more palatable. 

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Hate to break it you but we were a top division side before them.

Also, money dried up during Covid? We are still making a lot of money from the PL.

No we weren't, Milan Manderic was the owner. 

In terms of money from PL, we are over committed on salaries from what I remember. Can blame the owners for that but that's what the board are there to manage.    

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

Like the summer before where he spent £60m on a load of duds, that we still have on the books. 

What created the negativity was Rodger’s, running his squad down. A squad when fit (yeah he can’t keep any of them fit can he) is more than good enough for a top half finish…. Or it was, before he alienated loads of them, crocked the other lot, and mishandled god knows how many others. 

Rodger’s is all about Rodgers, and all he did constantly was point fingers and say “not my fault”, despite us being beyond useless for great chunks of other seasons under him, with him actually singing players. 

It's ironic that you say Rodgers is all about Rodgers when you yourself appear to be all about Rodgers. Do you know how many of the £60 million worth of players were his signings? Bertrand definitely was, Vestegaard maybe (with a helping hand from Schmeichel and only after Fofana got crocked), but do you really think he identified Daka and Soumare? And he's not responsible for handing out contracts like it's monopoly money either. As for blaming him for all of our injury problems, not quite sure what your point is. That he injured them himself in training? I guess the fact you weren't happy with the football we were playing when finishing 5th twice and winning the FA cup shows that you were never going to like Rodgers whatever he did. But if you think all our problems go away by getting rid of him then you're in for a nasty surprise. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Why do you think they invested ? 

They’ve gained huge exposure that they wouldn’t otherwise. It’s a two way street. Their fame has rocketed with the success of LCFC.

In the process, it’s probably made them visible enough that when eventually Thailand goes into democratic chaos and the monarchy loses his power, that they will be able to live in exile free of judgement. 

Alongside that they now have an asset well three of them in fact worth an absolute fortune compared to their overall investment for them 

• Like 3

I don't understand why we have turned on Top and co. He has zero input on the funds available to spend on transfers and wages, he cannot put his personal fortune into the club to enable us to buy the best players in the world, that simply is now allowed un FFP like it was in the early Abrahmovic days at Chelsea. What he can do though is invest in the infrastructure of the club with the long term goal of generating more revenue for us to then spend on wages and transfers but that takes time, along time. This is he is actively doing and go do so out of his own pocket I believe, a pocket, I will add, that has been signifcantly depleted by Covid.

• Like 1

don't want new owners. would like some more straightforwardness and transparency, but that's difficult when the truth doesn't help your negotiation position in the market. 

In the absence of being able to openly say - "we can't spend for 3 windows because of our financial position and recent poor management of transfer dealings", the best management approach would be direct overcompensation for the fans and involvement in the club ie being visible at the ground, training ground, doing something positive but less expensive than a new signing etc etc. I think they've tried some of this, but just haven't had the visibility and direct contact with the club.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

I personally don't want Top to go. I understand people's frustrations and would hate to see all of the progress made during the owners tenure be ruined by poor management. I think Top is committed to the club and like the fans he will be devastated with what's happening. 

Having thought about the situation and without being too critical of Rodgers (although for the record I'll be glad to see the back of him), I think the board and Top in particular rely heavily upon having a manager/DOF that understand the football business as I think they're quite naive when it comes to the workings of running a football club and need that input. Rodgers may be a great coach but I don't think he gets what's needed to be successful as a club/business. 

Looking back at all of our managers since the owners came on board, I think only Pearson and Puel with the assistance of Macia are the only two where we've genuinely looked like we have a plan/vision. At all other times whether it be Sousa, Shakespeare, Rodgers, and it pains me to say it but even Ranieri, all of whom like to focus their efforts on the training pitch, we've regressed. I'm not suggesting that either Pearson or Puel were the most successful, rather that they put in place systems that gradually progressed the club from when they took over and left a legacy for the next manager to succeed. Let's not forget also that the majority of these managers were appointed whilst Vichai was alive so I think this isn't a new trend that's suddenly occurred since Top took the reins. 

I think Top with the right manager who understands the broader picture of running a football club is still the man to continue moving us in the right direction. Having money is great and clearly enhances a teams chances of finishing higher up the league but it's the owners commitment and application to achieve success that fundamentally determines what is or isn't achievable, Stoke City being a prime example. 

Absolutely hit the nail on the head with this post.

Unfortunately it seems the hierarchy bought into Rodgers' vision for the club which he isn't capable of delivering. We miss a DoF with real top level experience and the ability to deliver on a vision and direct the manager accordingly.

I really hope Top decides to grasp the nettle and move both Rodgers and Rudkin on sooner rather than later as it's going to take a few years to undo the damage done over the last couple of years.  Hopefully we can maintain our premier league spot while we rebuild.

On a side note - I would be interested to know how directly involved with the King Power business Top was prior to Vichai's death - was he number two in the organisation or just spending most of his time playing Polo and watching football.  

• Like 2

Unless the money comes from the middle east, we will be sold to American investment interests.   The American led owners are spending money at Chelsea, but the money is not coming from the ownership's pockets, it is borrowed and they will need a return on their investment. 

I think our owners have made mistakes over these last couple of years, and they probably have had a reality check.  With King power struggling during the pandemic and a manager who's lost his way, players running down contracts, our club seems to be entering very choppy waters, it could take a couple of seasons to rectify it, and some heads need to roll.  Although the owners loyalty to staff is commendable, it has maybe blind sided them, and a few of the board have got a bit too comfy in their jobs.  They started to believe all the hype, that Leicester were a well run club, and in the meantime they were putting their feet up and patting themselves on the back.

The club does need a refresh, but will the owners have the balls to do it?

It’s just the usual cycle of things. A few bad results and people turn on the manager, then after a while the next step is turn on the board.

Happens at all clubs and doesn’t matter how good the owners are. See Liverpool fans back to being upset at their owners because they’re not spending as much as Man City/Chelsea, even Newcastle and now losing.

Give me Top and his more patient approach over a money throwing murderous regime and sportswashing any day. (Yes I know their background and their business.)

Out of interest, what’s our longest ever stay in the top flight? They helped end what was our longest stay outside of the top flight of 11-years?