Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Harry Souttar

I'd be happy if he comes in, but after watching today, I'd be worried with Faes and Souttar together. Ability wise, I think they'll compliment each other. But the lack of experience we'd have would give me concern, especially without a solid goalkeeper or solid defensive midfielder. A centre back with more premier League experience would be my choice, whoever that may be. 

I really hope I'm worrying about nothing!

5 minutes ago, StonyFox said:

I'd be happy if he comes in, but after watching today, I'd be worried with Faes and Souttar together. Ability wise, I think they'll compliment each other. But the lack of experience we'd have would give me concern, especially without a solid goalkeeper or solid defensive midfielder. A centre back with more premier League experience would be my choice, whoever that may be. 

I really hope I'm worrying about 

We can't be any worse,  let then build a relationship. Stick Kristianson on the left and Ricky P on the right (wishful thinking) or JJ and we've got a good back 4 that can grow

2 hours ago, StonyFox said:

I really hope I'm worrying about nothing!

Vestergaard it is then! 

14 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf Faes and Souttar would feel me with more confidence than Faes and Big Dan, as Amartey while good in a back 3 seems imo poor/iffy in a 2

That’s putting it nicely, physically he isn’t bad but his actual understanding of being a centre half and his awareness is horrendous

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf Faes and Souttar would feel me with more confidence than Faes and Big Dan, as Amartey while good in a back 3 seems imo poor/iffy in a 2

I think with Souttar, or anyone with some aerial presence, Brighton score the equaliser. Also brings a box presence for corners 

10 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

I think with Souttar, or anyone with some aerial presence, Brighton score the equaliser. Also brings a box presence for corners 

They do as it was due to poor tracking, awareness of Mendy, Amartey ball watching and poor tactically. Height wouldn’t have mattered in that situation. If Souttar reads the game better than amartey we might have stood a chance. 

Did you watch the game yesterday? Ward had no chance with either goal. In the second half he made two too very good saves. He earned us a point. He is not the personality/leader KS was but he is not nearly as bad as people make out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, markko said:

Did you watch the game yesterday? Ward had no chance with either goal. In the second half he made two too very good saves. He earned us a point. He is not the personality/leader KS was but he is not nearly as bad as people make out. 

He's off the scale as the worst performing Premier League keeper this season, I know stats can sometimes be favourable or unkind to some but it's very damning. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1