Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Harry Souttar

23 minutes ago, markko said:

Did you watch the game yesterday? Ward had no chance with either goal. In the second half he made two too very good saves. He earned us a point. He is not the personality/leader KS was but he is not nearly as bad as people make out. 

He did alright yesterday but I can’t say he’s made any really top saves this season. They’ve been saves you’d expect him to make. We need a better goalkeeper with a bigger personality. Look at Martinez at villa! Saves them points after points 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

He made 2 saves that you would expect any professional goalkeeper to make, if either had gone in he would have been rightly vilified. What we have with Ward is a nothing more than a bang average keeper, I cannot recall him making a worldie of a save, he just makes the standard regulation saves. He is such a downgrade on Kasper it’s untrue. 

In fact match of the day only seen one of those saves worth showing, and that just hit him on the knee from distance!

11 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

In fact match of the day only seen one of those saves worth showing, and that just hit him on the knee from distance!

It was deflected and he was unsighted - was a better save than it looked although he should have got something behind it in any case. The one from Mitoma cutting inside was a decent stop but again a good height for a keeper. 

he wasn’t good with his feet yesterday and ignored Timmy on a few occasions when Marc was a simple onward pass - no confidence like the rest of them …

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

He made 2 saves that you would expect any professional goalkeeper to make, if either had gone in he would have been rightly vilified. What we have with Ward is a nothing more than a bang average keeper, I cannot recall him making a worldie of a save, he just makes the standard regulation saves. He is such a downgrade on Kasper it’s untrue. 

I know the club was trying to be respectful to Kasper by allowing him to leave, but surely he could have been persuaded to do one more year? To consciously allow a significant decline in quality to occur in a key area of the pitch seems a bit careless. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I know the club was trying to be respectful to Kasper by allowing him to leave, but surely he could have been persuaded to do one more year? To consciously allow a significant decline in quality to occur in a key area of the pitch seems a bit careless

You could say that all over the park for many different reasons.

8 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

id love for us to be a bang average side but we are much worse than that right now..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

I know the club was trying to be respectful to Kasper by allowing him to leave, but surely he could have been persuaded to do one more year? To consciously allow a significant decline in quality to occur in a key area of the pitch seems a bit careless. 

I thought KS was on the decline and had seen enough of him from corners to feel happy that he went. How it’s going for him at Nice is quite telling. Let’s not get too nostalgic about his last 12 months with us. 

Edited by An Away Move