Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Harry Souttar

2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

That's basically giving Iversen, last seasons best Championship goalie, away for free. Terrible bit of business. If Iversen is going permanently we should get it down to at least 10 mil.

To be fair Iversen should be playing for City and we could give them Ward instead and I mean literally give them Ward aswell the useless lump

• Haha 1

For Iverson, if it means he plays, I think he’ll jump at the chance. Just a shame we don’t offer him a chance. £10m +. Iverson sounds believable. £18m +  Iverson sounds a bad deal. 

I can’t see us getting a replacement keeper now, I think that’ll happen in the summer, if at any time. If Souttar does come in, then he’ll have to hit the ground running, which will be a tough ask. But this is the sort of signing we usually look at. Let’s hope the new head of recruitment is switched on and pulls out some great signings. Unlike before. 

3 hours ago, Shane said:

one poster on the stoke forum reckons the 18m rumour might come from an article which quoted 17.6m Australian dollars (10m pounds)

Much better. If Iversen won't get a chance let him go, get Stolarcyzk in for the rest of the season, get Souttar for cheap, and then have enough to spend on a RW. Then we'll sign a new keeper in the summer (Lafont inshallah)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Much better. If Iversen won't get a chance let him go, get Stolarcyzk in for the rest of the season, get Souttar for cheap, and then have enough to spend on a RW. Then we'll sign a new keeper in the summer (Lafont inshallah)

Lafont is the ideal replacement. 

This deal for Souttar makes sense, however I can’t say I rate him as highly as others do. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

That's basically giving Iversen, last seasons best Championship goalie, away for free. Terrible bit of business. If Iversen is going permanently we should get it down to at least 10 mil.

Was he? 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Unless we are after La Font aswell. Can't see it myself but Souttar, RW (Tete) and GK (La Font) would be ideal and help us long term for a rebuild.

Helvetica or Comic Sans?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

No.

He was decent for Preston in the way that Mark Bunn was decent for us.

Iverson is probably on a par with Ward in terms of ability.

I knew the answer, probably shouldn’t have put the question mark. :D

12 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

No.

He was decent for Preston in the way that Mark Bunn was decent for us.

Iverson is probably on a par with Ward in terms of ability.

Yes because Mark Bunn played 50 odd games for us and won player of the season. 

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

You sure abut this?

Yes I am sure that Bunn did not complete 50 games for us and win player of the season. He played three, saved a penalty at Bristol Rovers. However, Iversen did win player of the season at Preston and has played around 50 games for them. The point was, it was a poor comparison between the two. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Yes I am sure that Bunn did not complete 50 games for us and win player of the season. He played three, saved a penalty at Bristol Rovers. However, Iversen did win player of the season at Preston and has played around 50 games for them. The point was, it was a poor comparison between the two. 

Oh I see what you mean own.

• Like 1