Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Harry Souttar

6 minutes ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

Why?  Clubs sign players not managers. 

Managers play players, not clubs. If you were a player, would you go to a club not knowing if the managers was going to rate you or not?

Edited by Scotch

Guest StevieLynex

Comment made about him playing at the world cup - He’s been out for a year with a bad injury, he had a cruciate

8 minutes ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

If it included a tasty pay rise sure, so would you.

If it was the only offer on the table, sure but if there were two offers and one of those included the fact that the club had a manager who wanted you as well as a big wedge of cash....

2 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

We'll get this one over the line.

We should be plucking more players from the lower divisions. We've missed so many over the years. 

I agree with this. I think it's a mugs game to buy from other PL clubs as it's virtually impossible to not overpay, but there are plenty of valuable deals in the Championship.

6 minutes ago, Scotch said:

If it was the only offer on the table, sure but if there were two offers and one of those included the fact that the club had a manager who wanted you as well as a big wedge of cash....

You wouldn't accept a much lower wage on that basis? Footballers have belief in their abilities. Whoever the manager is I'm good enough to start. Footballers go where the money is. They are not some unusual breed of human in that respect.

33 minutes ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

You wouldn't accept a much lower wage on that basis? Footballers have belief in their abilities. Whoever the manager is I'm good enough to start. Footballers go where the money is. They are not some unusual breed of human in that respect.

But there is absolutely nothing to suggest that Everton would offer more. Much less "much" more. On average, our players earn more than theirs do. 

4 minutes ago, CityArt said:

"Leeds are really close to agreeing a deal for Stoke City defender Harry Souttar and Leicester are also trying for Tete at Lyon as well as Leeds' Jack Harrison."

:blink: Sky Sports Transfer Centre 

Don’t.. Please say that’s a lie.. I’m assuming it’s a mistake.

Edited by LestaLad

4 minutes ago, CityArt said:

"Leeds are really close to agreeing a deal for Stoke City defender Harry Souttar and Leicester are also trying for Tete at Lyon as well as Leeds' Jack Harrison."

:blink: Sky Sports Transfer Centre 

Has to be a typo

note the “also trying”. 

They mean us but the office junior rushed the post. Not the first time. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 1

Deals are generally agreed weeks and weeks in advance with the player. The fuss is with the clubs' negotiation. 

Souttar's agent will have already sounded out Leeds, Everton etc  and, having done that, presented the options to Souttar, who - in this case at least -  has seemingly selected us. 

9 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Except they didn't and he's signed for Spurs.

Other than that, you're right. ;)

Well I blame Talkshite, at dinner today on their transfer bit, it reckoned he had signed for Everton and had only not been announced yesterday because it wouldn't be a good look with sacking Lampard on the same day. Today's lesson learnt, don't rely on Talkshite for my Transfer info. :thumbup:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, whitlock said:

Everton interested too it seems.

5A8668BD-8114-4B37-AFB9-C209288985FB.jpeg

Everton are that annoying mate that you never invite to your parties, but who hear about it on the grapevine anyway, show up uninvited and make a twat of themselves. Every. Time.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

But there is absolutely nothing to suggest that Everton would offer more. Much less "much" more. On average, our players earn more than theirs do. 

Ok I think you've gone woman on me. I was just calling you out on your bs that players wouldn't sign for clubs with no manager in place. It is simply not true.

• Like 1