Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Harry Souttar

15 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

I don’t think this is a great move by the club , the bloke has just returned from a bad injury and playing for Australia is not a great CV , also stoke is no great CV either , I think we need to look for a better player . Just my thoughts 

It’s a small sample size but he looked good at the World Cup playing against some top opponents. 

20 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

I don’t think this is a great move by the club , the bloke has just returned from a bad injury and playing for Australia is not a great CV , also stoke is no great CV either , I think we need to look for a better player . Just my thoughts 

ACL tendon is stronger post surgery. Play for 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 or 🇦🇺 playing at World Cup..,Vardy Mahrez, Kante, etc

Edited by Reginaldo

9 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s like the time we signed that Algerian winger - he hadn’t even been given a cap by Algeria at that stage and didn’t look great on his CV. Also playing for Le Havre was not great on his CV too. I wish we had looked for a better option.

Heard we signed some chancer from Fleetwood once. When will we learn?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_77 said:

Hey, guys, apparently the two clubs have finally sorted out the finances but just need another 50 people to post that “Souttar isn’t really Australian, he’s Scottish” for Stoke to approve the deal. 

I heard he hasn't even been to Australia.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_77 said:

Hey, guys, apparently the two clubs have finally sorted out the finances but just need another 50 people to post that “Souttar isn’t really Australian, he’s Scottish” for Stoke to approve the deal. 

Can he take the Soyuncu song when he arrives?

He used to be a jock

he's got a massive cock

• Haha 1

Seems like there’s concerns about not playing for a strong club or country.

Australia finished 11th overall at the World Cup, so reckon we did alright there (I’m Aussie).

His reading of the game is strong (set off the play for Australia’s opener V France and top of clearances in the championship, although sure being 6ft 6 helps that).

He isn’t slow (don’t know where that’s come from - see him saving Kye Rowles’ ass against Tunisia in the clip a few have posted on here).

Scored quite a few times in Australia’s qualifying stages for the WC (although admittedly we play some very weak nations in these stages and don’t believe his scoring rate for Stoke is great).

5.4 aerial duels won per game in only fully fit season with Stoke (20/21) and he did this phenomenally against Denmark in the last 20 minutes where he was basically repelling them by himself.

Plenty of commentary on his injury so not gonna go into that.

But Harry’s 24, will be damn helpful immediately and if his rate of development continues should be able to be sold on for significant profit as we’ve done so well so many times.

Really hope this one happens, would love to see an Aussie here and reckon everything about him would be a classic Leicester signing barring injury stays away and rate of development continues to progress.

Edited by Hawk17
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Steve Walsh - Wigan
Matt Elliott - Oxford

Neil Lennon - Crewe
Kasey Keller - Millwall

Jamie Vardy - Fleetwood
Robert Huth - Stoke

I could go on. The art of good recruitment is finding players for the right price at smaller clubs who are hungry to do better and can be bought for the right price/wages. Buying top players from top clubs isn't a guarantee of success either. Ask Chelsea.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The_77 said:

Half and half.  Too frugal to buy you a round, but keen to tell you all about why.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

Steve Walsh - Wigan
Matt Elliott - Oxford

Neil Lennon - Crewe
Kasey Keller - Millwall

Jamie Vardy - Fleetwood
Robert Huth - Stoke

I could go on. The art of good recruitment is finding players for the right price at smaller clubs who are hungry to do better and can be bought for the right price/wages. Buying top players from top clubs isn't a guarantee of success either. Ask Chelsea.

Junior Lewis / Gillingham:ph34r: