Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Harry Souttar

3 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

i dont get the snob nature of some football fans, if they are good enough i dont care what club they come from, look at Palace they got Olise from Reading and Eze from QPR, 

when this gets down, Cags will go and hopefully Vesty will too, 

Bang on we missed a couple of corkers for relative peanuts there.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

i dont get the snob nature of some football fans, if they are good enough i dont care what club they come from, look at Palace they got Olise from Reading and Eze from QPR, 

Exactly, Maguire and Roberston came from Hull ffs.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

I agree with you. Who cares where they are playing IF they are good enough. Players like big Dan have just been lucky in my opinion to be playing at this level when there are more than likely a lot of players in the championship that are of similar standard.  Also some people on here act like they have a crystal ball in terms of how a player can develop over time, and become a better player, with playing with better players in a Premier League team and the facilities. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I don’t think this is a great move by the club , the bloke has just returned from a bad injury and playing for Australia is not a great CV , also stoke is no great CV either , I think we need to look for a better player . Just my thoughts 

Harry maguire Hull

Riyad mahrez la havre

36 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Not saying it’s a done deal, but the last thing he retweeted was related to the darts.

He’ll fit it in nicely with our lads straight away.

40A8C3AD-7CB1-4580-9F7F-1C3AA84DC0EA.jpeg

Bully bully...

Screenshot_20230125_111210_Sky News.jpg

Edited by UHDrive
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

when this gets done, Cags will go and hopefully Vesty will too, 

Maddison came from Norwich too!! 

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

If you could avoid reminding me that I am 10,000 miles from a pint of Tribute in a Cornish pub with a nice log fire and the rain blowing sideways outside that would be appreciated.

Tis Bleddy ansome me ansome, Tribute is £3.20 in my local The Quintrell Inn and £3.40 in Bertie’s pub with a locals card, Skinners Brewery have gone bust sadly though… 

From Wikipedia:  Future quiz questions on tall Australian footballers;

At 1.98 metres (6 ft 6 in), Harry Souttar is the second tallest player to have represented the full Australia national team, behind Zeljko Kalac at 2.02 metres (6 ft 8 in)

EDIT: Slow Sports news - just found this earlier in the thread :-(

Edited by RichMC24

The irony is that we don't penny pinch at all, nearly every signing we make is for a fee that seems north of the going rate. I suspect this is because although we do try to negotiate, we are actually poor at it and time is wasted in that regard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

The irony is that we don't penny pinch at all, nearly every signing we make is for a fee that seems north of the going rate. I suspect this is because although we do try to negotiate, we are actually poor at it and time is wasted in that regard. 

Thats what you get when you decide the best person for negotiation, is someone who is a useless academy manager… 'because he knows the club'   Hard to ever understand how he was deemed qualified for this job. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Thats what you get when you decide the best person for negotiation is someone who is a useless academy manager 'because he knows the club'   Hard to ever understand how he was deemed qualified for this job. 

Always makes me laugh when Whelan takes over negotiating sales, as she did for Maguire and Fofana. Speaks volumes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RichMC24 said:

From Wikipedia:  Future quiz questions on tall Australian footballers;

At 1.98 metres (6 ft 6 in), Harry Souttar is the second tallest player to have represented the full Australia national team, behind Zeljko Kalac at 2.02 metres (6 ft 8 in)

EDIT: Slow Sports news - just found this earlier in the thread :-(

Kalac also played for us which must mean it's a done deal. Close thread and announce Souttar!