Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Harry Souttar

2 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Was told the other day it'd be Sat or Sunday, but not heard anything since. 

I think there will be a 4th signing on loan attacking midfield or winger.

Cags, Perez & Praet all can leave.

I've been hoping for an attacking midfielder as we are lacking big time in that part of the pitch and if we're spending on forward players then we need to get the ball to them and drive the play up top.

• Like 1

Just now, Sambiasso said:

Think once Tete and Souttar are over the line it frees up time to get another one in Mon or Tuesday depending on who becomes available.

Getting Cags & Perez off the wage bill helps a lot.

Definitely think we'll have 4 in by Tuesday.

Any names on who it may be mate?

4 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Was told the other day it'd be Sat or Sunday, but not heard anything since. 

I think there will be a 4th signing on loan attacking midfield or winger.

Cags, Perez & Praet all can leave.

I guess Ryan Kent can be classed as an AM, I'm not so sure about Loftus-Cheek. They're the only 2 possible loan midfielders who've come up on FT speculation so far.

1 minute ago, bald reynard said:

I guess Ryan Kent can be classed as an AM, I'm not so sure about Loftus-Cheek. They're the only 2 possible loan midfielders who've come up on FT speculation so far.

Kent definitely fits the attacking midfield / winger description that Sambiasso used.

From a Stoke season ticket holder mate of mine … I’m based in Stafford so have a few.  

“A up mate!! Keep yah hands off our Harry !!! He is a big unit who can also play the ball, not just clear it, solid in the air and comfortable in defence, he has had many eyes on him over the last 12 months, got injured on international duty with Australia 🇦🇺 last season (knee) I think 🤔 and only got back just in time for World Cup, not that you could tell. 
He is one of 2 young defenders we had at Stoke that showed promise ( Nathan Collins went to Burnley I think last Jan for. 18 mill ) and Big H is much better so get that cheque book out”

Edited by casablancas
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, casablancas said:

From a Stoke season ticket holder … I’m based in Stafford. 

A up mate!! Keep yah hands off our Harry !!! He is a big unit who can also play the ball, not just clear it, solid in the air and comfortable in defence, he has had many eyes on him over the last 12 months, got injured on international duty with Australia 🇦🇺 last season (knee) I think 🤔 and only got back just in time for World Cup, not that you could tell. 
He is one of 2 young defenders we had at Stoke that showed promise ( Nathan Collins went to Burnley I think last Jan for. 18 mill ) and Big H is much better so get that cheque book out

Thanks for popping in. What do you expect fee wise ? 

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

With departure of Soyuncu , Amartey , Evans and maybe Vestergaard in the summer,  we will be left with Faes and Brunt so this one makes sense . We can introduce him carefully and he should be fully acclimatised by next season.

Evans and Amartey are being offered new deals. Young Jordan reported it in the Merc a few weeks back.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, sdb said:

Hopefully not good ones!!!

I don't mind them staying as back ups, especially Evans, but Amartey shouldn't ever be in a position where he's a first choice. Question is whether he'd want to stay if he thought he was going back to being an unused sub again for 30+ games anyway.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sankey93 said:

I’d personally go for Debast if we’re going to spend 15million maybe we can get Debast for 15/20

This guy could be amazing. Only 19 but a first team CB in Belgium. He might need a bit of time to settle in, but has a high ceiling in terms of potential. Not Fofana levels, but starting CB for Belgium for 10 years levels.He'll end up at a big club most likely, so would fit the Leicester City mould of signings we tend to make.

Attila Szalai is older but I think would make for a really solid Premier League centre back. A bit like Souttar actually, though I think there is a lot less risk with Harry because he knows the English game and lifestyle.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, iancognito said:

I don't mind them staying as back ups, especially Evans, but Amartey shouldn't ever be in a position where he's a first choice. Question is whether he'd want to stay if he thought he was going back to being an unused sub again for 30+ games anyway.

It's an interesting conundrum for any player. And I'm not sure which way Big Dan will go. 

Assuming we stay up, a back up player at elite level  is surely quite nice, even allowing for the romantic view that we all just wanna play.

Well paid, private jets, swimming pools at training, the best medical care, the best canteen, the best analysis, better personal sponsorships etc etc or the half time orange segments, bucket & sponge, have-boots-will-travel lifestyle of the championship 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1