Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Harry Souttar

17 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

Surely we need to sign somebody with a lot more pace if we are going to partner them with Faes who is so slow, Amartey gets a lot of unfair abuse on here and I agree he should not be playing every game but his pace has bailed out Faes and Castagne getting caught out of position on a number of occasions.

I just have a feeling that a slow error prone Faes and slow Soutter would be a recipe for failure hope I am wrong.

Can anyone confirm if this guy is slow, surely pace is going to be prerequisite for that position 

24 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

say Soutter aint slow at all;

Also Amartey is a decent defender, hes just not overly good in a 2 CB partnership imo, 

think they'll be a break through in this today,

Amartey's main problem is playing it out from the back. He can and does play good medium to long rage passes. However the way Rodgers asks our defenders to play is by short passes around the back. When pressed Armarty pannicks and misplaced these passes. 

As a defender he is decent and would probly play very well in a Dyche/ allerdyce style team

Edited by lcfcbluearmy
Corrected typo

10 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Get this guy in and you feel that we've replaced Evans and Fofana with Faes and Souttar in less than 6 months. I know we've slated the club on transfers in the last couple of years but thats not bad imo.

Neither of them hold a candle to Fofana unfourtunately, would like to see proper investment here imo

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

say Soutter aint slow at all;

Also Amartey is a decent defender, hes just not overly good in a 2 CB partnership imo, 

think they'll be a break through in this today,

Agreed. He's at his best in a back 3

7 minutes ago, RyCleary said:

Neither of them hold a candle to Fofana unfourtunately, would like to see proper investment here imo

We are in the process of having to replace about 1/2 of our squad. This is going to mean stretching our budget pretty thinly, can't see us spending £35m on unproven (if excellent) players for a while yet.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Get this guy in and you feel that we've replaced Evans and Fofana with Faes and Souttar in less than 6 months. I know we've slated the club on transfers in the last couple of years but thats not bad imo.

Thank Brendan.

7 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Ronnie Edwards we should be all over him far better potential and ceiling than Souttar imo.

I watched him live against Charlton before Christmas.  Small sample size admittedly but be looked nowhere near ready for the Prem and we desperately need someone who can walk straight into Amartey's CB spot.  Have you seen much of Edwards this season, did I catch him in a bad game?

50 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

One thing we are potentially missing out there is some leadership. Between them Kasper and Evans seemed like big personalities and both on-field captains. With an armband or just mentality. Something we’re missing with Ward (who looks like he doesn’t even shout at his kids) and Faes. Despite his age I think I’m right in saying Souttar has captained Stoke/Australia so hopefully he brings that as well as we’re missing it across the pitch currently.