Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Harry Souttar

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Ok guys just looked up his profile...this Ronnie fellow plays for England youth as well.....looks like a good prospect...tough looking as well

licensed-image.jpeg

Someone tell Rudders to highjack this deal ffs. How come we’re so much better at this shiz than our club is!

• Like 2

Just now, westernpark said:

We should be signing Edwards and Souttar! I reckon 25 million gets you both. We’ve signed two young centre backs before in the same day, albeit with debatable results. 

We have to visit the magic money tree first.

3 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

I watched him live against Charlton before Christmas.  Small sample size admittedly but be looked nowhere near ready for the Prem and we desperately need someone who can walk straight into Amartey's CB spot.  Have you seen much of Edwards this season, did I catch him in a bad game?

He's good enough to make the step up one for the future in all, so will have his bad games and not be consistent, but I think he's good enough to play in the premier league.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Get this guy in and you feel that we've replaced Evans and Fofana with Faes and Souttar in less than 6 months. I know we've slated the club on transfers in the last couple of years but thats not bad imo.

Yeah, we have replaced them with other players. But Faes isnt anywhere near Evans or Fofana in quality. Faes is a downgrade in the qualities we have seen in recent years. That includes Maguire and Soyuncu (when he didnt fall off a clif). 

You could easily add Morgan and Huth to that list too if we want to go further back. 

He is far too rash and there will be a mistake in him every other game. I'm hoping if Souttar is the man, he brings some genuine organisation to that defence. 

12 minutes ago, westernpark said:

We should be signing Edwards and Souttar! I reckon 25 million gets you both. We’ve signed two young centre backs before in the same day, albeit with debatable results. 

We don't tend to look to the lower leagues anymore for upcoming talent, seem to need European/International experience.

Ronnie Edwards career path looks like the way Ben Nelson's SHOULD have gone.... 

both on a similar trajectory with England Age Group Caps.... but not playing whilst out on loan has really damaged Nelson's progression. 

7 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

It will take between £8-10m to shift him so I guess Stoke will be looking for a wedge more than that for Souttar. 

We should be all over that unless Fry will demand more because we are a premier league club..

Is this actually happening? Or we all waiting for Fabrizio Romano to say "Here we go..." before we have any sense of hope?

If this isn't going anywhere, then we should immediately look for another signing that has to be better than Ryan Bennett. Not sure if I can face the rest of the season with an out-of-form Faes and Calamartey as our first choice CB pairing.

4 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Is this actually happening? Or we all waiting for Fabrizio Romano to say "Here we go..." before we have any sense of hope?

If this isn't going anywhere, then we should immediately look for another signing that has to be better than Ryan Bennett. Not sure if I can face the rest of the season with an out-of-form Faes and Calamartey as our first choice CB pairing.

We're all clueless and waiting mate

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Yeah, we have replaced them with other players. But Faes isnt anywhere near Evans or Fofana in quality. Faes is a downgrade in the qualities we have seen in recent years. That includes Maguire and Soyuncu (when he didnt fall off a clif). 

You could easily add Morgan and Huth to that list too if we want to go further back. 

He is far too rash and there will be a mistake in him every other game. I'm hoping if Souttar is the man, he brings some genuine organisation to that defence. 

Whilst I agree that compared to those others he has been a downgrade, I think a lot of Faes' struggles has been playing along side Thomas. Thomas is so often out of position and forces Faes into rash recovery challenges and interceptions... including if I recall 1 if not both of the own goals vs liverpool