Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Harry Souttar

4 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Is this actually happening? Or we all waiting for Fabrizio Romano to say "Here we go..." before we have any sense of hope?

If this isn't going anywhere, then we should immediately look for another signing that has to be better than Ryan Bennett. Not sure if I can face the rest of the season with an out-of-form Faes and Calamartey as our first choice CB pairing.

Yep, now we look like we've got a bit better balance up front we really need to do something here. Faes, Amartey with Ward behind them is going to cost us goals all season. Without new signings we can only hope that Soyuncu suddenly starts going up the right side of the redemption curve or Evans makes a miraculous recovery from his sick bed. I'm not hopeful for either of those outcomes. 

Ideally I'd want a CB and a goalie, but neither could be disastrous for us without an unlikely turnaround in form.  

3 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

Whilst I agree that compared to those others he has been a downgrade, I think a lot of Faes' struggles has been playing along side Thomas. Thomas is so often out of position and forces Faes into rash recovery challenges and interceptions... including if I recall 1 if not both of the own goals vs liverpool

Fair point. I think it will be interesting to see how he does with better players around him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

Whilst I agree that compared to those others he has been a downgrade, I think a lot of Faes' struggles has been playing along side Thomas. Thomas is so often out of position and forces Faes into rash recovery challenges and interceptions... including if I recall 1 if not both of the own goals vs liverpool

This x5, he hasn't just become shit, it's the players around him. Hopefully an actual CB and the Dane will help settle him back 

44 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Is this actually happening? Or we all waiting for Fabrizio Romano to say "Here we go..." before we have any sense of hope?

If this isn't going anywhere, then we should immediately look for another signing that has to be better than Ryan Bennett. Not sure if I can face the rest of the season with an out-of-form Faes and Calamartey as our first choice CB pairing.

Hang on, who’s our Squidy centre back partner to Faes 🤣 ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

I agree with this. Since Thomas has come into the side he has been diced up in nearly every game. That has evidently played some significant part in Faes post world-cup form. Thomas' limitations leave Faes horrendously exposed at times. A great example was at the weekend at Walsall where Thomas got caught on the ball on the halfway line and Faes had to hit the turbo to get across and make the challenge on the stretch to stop a breakaway in behind. He went spare at Thomas straight afterwards. It's happened all too frequently when Thomas get done for pace, physicality or smarts, it pulls Faes out of position. 

Faes hasn't excelled himself at times and has his own limitations but he was substantially better with Justin outside him than Thomas. I'm confident he will be again once Kristiansen gets settled into the side.

Excellent post. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Faes is bang average. Stop trying to make excuses for his howlers that you wouldn't grant to other players if they did the same.

This, he is slow and poor in the air and has cost us more goals than Amartey has this season.

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

This is a ridiculous post. 

What is more ridiculous is the steadfast refusal of criticism of Faes.  He started off very shakily, improved before the world cup, but since the resumption of the Prem has been responsible for some proper howlers.  Too slow and doesn't read the game well enough to compensate.  Constantly the last man, playing people onside due to his pace.  If he is still one of our starting cb's next season I will be amazed yet incredibly worried about where Leicester is going as a club.

A touch of the Daka about the Faes signing.  Too many want to believe he is/will be a great player but I have yet to see that.

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

What is more ridiculous is the steadfast refusal of criticism of Faes.  He started off very shakily, improved before the world cup, but since the resumption of the Prem has been responsible for some proper howlers.  Too slow and doesn't read the game well enough to compensate.  Constantly the last man, playing people onside due to his pace.  If he is still one of our starting cb's next season I will be amazed yet incredibly worried about where Leicester is going as a club.

A touch of the Daka about the Faes singing.  Too many want to believe he is/will be a great player but I have yet to see that.

Spot on. And it's the steadfast willingness to apportion the blame to someone else. Usually Amartey, Thomas or Ward - who are never granted the same allowance because it doesn't fit the FoxesTalk narrative.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Bournemouth away. Newcastle at home he gave the ball away not once but twice in the lead up to the first goal.

Bournemouth away? And not sure giving the ball away constitutes a howler unless its a no look Soyuncu suicide pass that directly leads to a goal, Amartey diving in recklessly and giving the penalty away was the howler for that goal

59 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

Agree. Although, the case could be made that it works both ways. In the first half against Fulham, Mitrovic was frequently drifting to the left side of our penalty box. Faes was happy to let Thomas deal with him. 

The situation was exasperated by Barnes lack of defensive support, which meant Thomas was regularly against the opposition’s RB, RW (and occasionally Mitrovic). Is it any wonder he’s sometimes out of position?

3 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Bournemouth away? And not sure giving the ball away constitutes a howler unless its a no look Soyuncu suicide pass that directly leads to a goal, Amartey diving in recklessly and giving the penalty away was the howler for that goal

Give over.  He was at fault for both goals at Bournemouth.  The first he lost the ball and couldn't keep up with the attacker, the second he stood there while the player he was supposed to be marking scored.  

Against Fulham, no where near Mitrovic, 2 comedy own goals against Liverpool, played Johnson onside for the first against Forest etc.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

All I said is that he's bang average. He's not crap. But he's not good either. I just wish people would stop making excuses for him just because he's a shiny, new toy. The whole defence has been below the required standard this season and Faes is just as culpable for that as anyone else.

• Like 1