Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Harry Souttar

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

All I said is that he's bang average. He's not crap. But he's not good either. I just wish people would stop making excuses for him just because he's a shiny, new toy. The whole defence has been below the required standard this season and Faes is just as culpable for that as anyone else.

I said the same when he signed. He'll be an average Premier League player which is nothing to sniff at. He had a good run before the World Cup which I think has lead people to believe he's better than he is but he really only has a good game when the majority of the team are having a good game. If the chips are down he seems as prone as the rest of them. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Faes is decent, anyone would look bad playing with Amartey, Thomas and Ward in defence. We have sorted out one of those problems, get Souttar in and use Iversen in goal as it doesn't look like we will be signing a GK and Faes will look like a class CB. 

Exactly my point. Delusional, absolutely delusional.

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

All I said is that he's bang average. He's not crap. But he's not good either. I just wish people would stop making excuses for him just because he's a shiny, new toy. The whole defence has been below the required standard this season and Faes is just as culpable for that as anyone else.

Ive never said hes world class but dont think hes as bad as some are making out. Hes had some poor moments but was quality when we went on our little run before Christmas and looked like a real leader. Just hopefully replacing Thomas and Amartey will bring that form back

18 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

What is more ridiculous is the steadfast refusal of criticism of Faes.  He started off very shakily, improved before the world cup, but since the resumption of the Prem has been responsible for some proper howlers.  Too slow and doesn't read the game well enough to compensate.  Constantly the last man, playing people onside due to his pace.  If he is still one of our starting cb's next season I will be amazed yet incredibly worried about where Leicester is going as a club.

A touch of the Daka about the Faes signing.  Too many want to believe he is/will be a great player but I have yet to see that.

There hasn’t been many people who haven’t criticised Faes…. But to suggest he is crap is ludicrous… he isn’t. He’s enduring a shakey patch, but the whole team is…. Thomas and Amartey are shocking players and shouldn’t anywhere near a football team let alone the premier league, which doesn’t help at all when you’re having to reply on them as your defensive partners. The midfield has been carved apart like a Christmas Turkey recently which has been exposing the back line horribly and that heaps pressure on the defenders. Thomas gets beaten far too easily which means Faes is up against it straight away… Amartey can’t play football, which just makes life near impossible, especially when he inexplicably gives the ball away all of the time, the bloke can’t even make a five yard pass. 

The whole team has been underperforming, collectively not doing well enough. There are a handful of players who simply aren’t good enough, and I wouldn’t include Faes in that group of players, he hasn’t been at his best since returning from the World Cup, but there are other issues within the squad contributing to this, not so much his own ability. 

5 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Souttar wants to talk to interested parties.  £12m plus add ons Is the offer. 

This needs to happen now if its going to happen as Stoke are keen to line up a replacement.  I think this will be done today. If not I think he will stay there till end of the season. 

Why don't we gove them Vesty in return? Probably be just about ok in Championship. 

I don’t know anything about how he plays, other than hearing he had a good World Cup. Regarding Faes, I think he needs a decent CB and LB and think it’s unfair to judge him with Amartey (it’s never been clear what position is his best since we signed him) and Thomas (still young and might benefit from time playing back up to Kristiansen).

7 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Apparently our offer is final take it or leave it. We are pushing for an answer. 

Could be stitching ourselves up if we don't have any other targets lined up. 

Might lose out on him totally and be stuck with who we have if we're this forceful (which does have its pluses sometimes).