Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Harry Souttar

This mini-saga will essentially determine if this can be classified as a good transfer window, or one where we should have done better. We must get this, or another CB in otherwise I fear for the rest of the season. Simply the thought of Amartey being an ever-present until May scares me s***less without actually watching him capitulate under pressure.

For the money that's being mentioned I think he'd be a no brainer.

Not going to come in here and turn us into mid-00s Chelsea but we'll be a damn sight better with him over Amartey.

Ward

Castagne Souttar Faes Kristensen

Ndidi Tielemans

Tete Maddison Barnes

Vardy

j9h2j5cjl2tz.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

For the money that's being mentioned I think he'd be a no brainer.

Not going to come in here and turn us into mid-00s Chelsea but we'll be a damn sight better with him over Amartey.

Ward

Castagne Souttar Faes Kristensen

Ndidi Tielemans

Tete Maddison Barnes

Vardy

j9h2j5cjl2tz.gif

Ward and Ndidi? 🫠

We have offered £12m plus add ons. Its a take ut ir leave it bid. Or so we say.

They have to pay Dundee utd 20% of any sale so they are obviously holding out for more.

He wants to talk to interested parties and Leicester are pressing for an answer .

Still a game of cat and mouse who will budge first I think.

• Thanks 4

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Ward and Ndidi? 🫠

Ward I get (and he'll be replaced in the summer) but why not Ndidi? He's not had a great season but he's barely played in a proper 4-2-3-1 that suits him since 2019. Signing Tete is massive for Ndidi IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, themightyfin said:

We have offered £12m plus add ons. Its a take ut ir leave it bid. Or so we say.

They have to pay Dundee utd 20% of any sale so they are obviously holding out for more.

He wants to talk to interested parties and Leicester are pressing for an answer .

Still a game of cat and mouse who will budge first I think.

Very tough team to bargain with really. They're so rich that Coates would probbaly still run it as a pet project if they ended up in League 2. It's going to need a transfer request probably isn't it.

Ndidi hasnt been good since 2020. Absolute liability on the ball

He doesn't need to be anything special on the ball in a 4-2-3-1. We've overcomplicated that position for too long IMO. Let him win the ball back and give it to Tielemans/Maddison.

• Like 2

The point being made is that if we played to his strengths he wouldn't particularly need to be anything more than a water carrier. 

If we have a four of Kristiansen, Maddison, Tielemans and Castagne offering sensible passes for him then all he would need to do is sit in deep and mop up as he should be. 

• Like 2

Just now, South Shire Fox said:

He doesn't play with will others, 4-1-4-1 suits him, as a 1 he is just a screen for the back four and has license to hunt the ball, win it look up, play it forwards. If he's alongside Tielemans or another he looks garbage positionally and people keep on passing it to him, trying to get him involved in the build up.

Anyway: Announce Harry!