Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Harry Souttar

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Don't know why people listen to this chump. Just cut out the middle man. The closest that Dorsett has got to a scoop is in an ice cream parlour.

To be fair to him I’m pretty sure he was one of the only ones who called Youri would stay the season. 

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

This signing, if we pull it off, is the big one for me. A back line of Kristiansen Faes Souttar Castagne is a massive improvement on Thomas Faes Amartey Castagne.

With Kristiansen and Tete already in, add Souttar and we’re both more assured at the back and a bigger threat going forward. 

The whole balance of the side changes

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ts_1010 said:

I like him. I do worry about mobility, given our insistence on a high line though. Even Faes suffers and he's fairly quick.

This is a year old but it looks fairly comprehensive on his strengths. Doesn't discuss weaknesses.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/harry-souttar-stoke-city-202122-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

The weakness as with Kristiansen, as with Tete, as with many of our signings, is that they might not make the step-up to the Premier League. Soumare and Daka have struggled when they looked like good signings at the time.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't sign them though, that's just the risk we always run with the way we scout our players. This guy knows the English game and did well at the World Cup. It's a calculated risk.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

You seem more focused on rubbing one out on always saying he's wrong. I'm just saying people in general get too hung up on whether a person is ITK or not :dunno:

Nah, just whether they are a liar or not. Standards. 

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The weakness as with Kristiansen, as with Tete, as with many of our signings, is that they might not make the step-up to the Premier League. Soumare and Daka have struggled when they looked like good signings at the time.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't sign them though, that's just the risk we always run with the way we scout our players. This guy knows the English game and did well at the World Cup. It's a calculated risk.

Kristy wouldn have to be pretty horrendous to not be an upgrade on Thomas and Tete invisible to not be an upgrade on whoever we randomise onto are right hand side

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, manders86 said:

Out of interest... what would if have took for the other 2.5 to be awarded?

Better ball carrying skills, stronger passing profile, better goalscoring record.

But all in all I think he's a really solid player who may well be a real weapon at this level.

Over the last 12 months, Souttar has played a very low number of backwards passes, even for a centre-back (2.23 per 90), but with very high accuracy (96.36%). Meanwhile, he’s played a decent number of lateral passes (20.39 per 90) also with very high accuracy (95.92%). The rest of his passes (20.45 per 90) have been forward passes and this is where he sacrifices accuracy (68.72%) more for opportunities to get the ball into high-value areas. This is, of course, risky but it’s part of what makes Souttar such a valuable asset for The Potters.

Brendan on suicide watch.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Over the last 12 months, Souttar has played a very low number of backwards passes, even for a centre-back (2.23 per 90), but with very high accuracy (96.36%). Meanwhile, he’s played a decent number of lateral passes (20.39 per 90) also with very high accuracy (95.92%). The rest of his passes (20.45 per 90) have been forward passes and this is where he sacrifices accuracy (68.72%) more for opportunities to get the ball into high-value areas. This is, of course, risky but it’s part of what makes Souttar such a valuable asset for The Potters.

His stats look like Vestergaard minus the passing?  (albeit he can defend a header)

1676735757_HSandJV.JPG.133b7a6718e9f330379e041896d978b6.JPG

Where have we seen this before?

image.png.19d9af3882dce86142c35450e279c3bc.png  6 and a half feet

image.png.d45fcbbc2032890a61d46370c43bec5b.png  CB who likes to dribble

image.png.d45fcbbc2032890a61d46370c43bec5b.png  limited agility

image.png.d5c12b781b4e265d20bb1b517a31684b.png  fresh off a good performance at a major tournament

image.png.d059cabfa139c39464d756197a66667e.png  fans at current club not too bothered to see the back of him

... oh, and throw in a re-done ACL.  I haven't watched him, but can't help having a nasty feeling of deja vu.

4 minutes ago, KingsX said:

His stats look like Vestergaard minus the passing?  (albeit he can defend a header)

1676735757_HSandJV.JPG.133b7a6718e9f330379e041896d978b6.JPG

Where have we seen this before?

image.png.19d9af3882dce86142c35450e279c3bc.png  6 and a half feet

image.png.d45fcbbc2032890a61d46370c43bec5b.png  CB who likes to dribble

image.png.d45fcbbc2032890a61d46370c43bec5b.png  limited agility

image.png.d5c12b781b4e265d20bb1b517a31684b.png  fresh off a good performance at a major tournament

image.png.d059cabfa139c39464d756197a66667e.png  fans at current club not too bothered to see the back of him

... oh, and throw in a re-done ACL.  I haven't watched him, but can't help having a nasty feeling of deja vu.

I feel that this is a terrible take. 

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Why all the hate to themightyfin? Who cares if he’s been wrong. I have info that Maddison is going to Newcastle in the summer, if he doesn’t end up going it doesn’t bother me that I shared info.  

I know where to find ya 🤣🤣

• Haha 1