Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Harry Souttar

33 minutes ago, KingsX said:

His stats look like Vestergaard minus the passing?  (albeit he can defend a header)

1676735757_HSandJV.JPG.133b7a6718e9f330379e041896d978b6.JPG

Where have we seen this before?

image.png.19d9af3882dce86142c35450e279c3bc.png  6 and a half feet

image.png.d45fcbbc2032890a61d46370c43bec5b.png  CB who likes to dribble

image.png.d45fcbbc2032890a61d46370c43bec5b.png  limited agility

image.png.d5c12b781b4e265d20bb1b517a31684b.png  fresh off a good performance at a major tournament

image.png.d059cabfa139c39464d756197a66667e.png  fans at current club not too bothered to see the back of him

... oh, and throw in a re-done ACL.  I haven't watched him, but can't help having a nasty feeling of deja vu.

The Stoke fans love him and some say he’s the best defender in the division 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, KingsX said:

His stats look like Vestergaard minus the passing?  (albeit he can defend a header)

1676735757_HSandJV.JPG.133b7a6718e9f330379e041896d978b6.JPG

Where have we seen this before?

image.png.19d9af3882dce86142c35450e279c3bc.png  6 and a half feet

image.png.d45fcbbc2032890a61d46370c43bec5b.png  CB who likes to dribble

image.png.d45fcbbc2032890a61d46370c43bec5b.png  limited agility

image.png.d5c12b781b4e265d20bb1b517a31684b.png  fresh off a good performance at a major tournament

image.png.d059cabfa139c39464d756197a66667e.png  fans at current club not too bothered to see the back of him

... oh, and throw in a re-done ACL.  I haven't watched him, but can't help having a nasty feeling of deja vu.

Is comparing the 7-11 games (depending on whether it includes the World Cup) 24 year old Souttar's played in the last year after coming back from injury, to the 10 Premier League games 29-30 year old Vestergaard featured in for us last year really going to produce anything remotely insightful?

Stats can be really useful, but when there's this little data to go on, they're really not.

He could be awful. Could be great. But I really don't think that screenshot or analysis offers anything worthwhile to the discussion at all.

36 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

This one is done. He has signed at it will be revealed at lunchtime tomorrow. Press conference at around 1pm*

* Disclaimer - if this doesn't happen then please note that I never DIRECTLY claimed to be ITK.

** Disclaimer - If this does happen then please ignore the comment above, I have a few contacts at the club and like to throw you a few bones every now and again.

*** Disclaimer - if you choose to believe this and it doesn't happen then that's really on you isn't it? I never said it would definitely happen- you wrongly assumed that and you should know that things can change quickly in football

****Disclaimer - if you choose to believe this and it does happen then join me next transfer window for more ITK action.

This ends the ITK debate once and for all. Thank you. 

Now back to Harry Souttar. We've had big boys before and they mostly disappointed. Hopefully, this big boy will give us all the pleasure we crave.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Now back to Harry Souttar. We've had big boys before and they mostly disappointed. Hopefully, this big boy will give us all the pleasure we crave.

Oooo...

You are awful!...

.. but I like you 😊

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Adster said:

So what, though? 

Why do people care? It's a forum, people can share what they want on here, it's your choice whether you choose to believe it or not. 

Why does it matter so much to you people? 

What's so hard to understand about people disliking deceit?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

What's so hard to understand about people disliking deceit?

What’s so hard to understand about it not being as black and white as, info doesn’t happen = deceit 

Things change in football. Things move quickly. Deceit isn’t half dramatic toolol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

I’ll not have the name of Paul Fitzpatrick tarnished!

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

The Stoke fans love him and some say he’s the best defender in the division 

Well, if you’ve talked to them, you’re miles ahead of me. Oatcake is pretty calm about losing him, that’s all I have to go on.

At the end of the day, what freaks me out is that NO ONE says pace (or turning agility) is Souttar’s asset; so how are we going to play him in a high line?  Are we making the same mistake?

Desperately hope you are right.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

Well, if you’ve talked to them, you’re miles ahead of me. Oatcake is pretty calm about losing him, that’s all I have to go on.

At the end of the day, what freaks me out is that NO ONE says pace (or turning agility) is Souttar’s asset; so how are we going to play him in a high line?  Are we making the same mistake?

Desperately hope you are right.

Perhaps Rodgers has had an epiphany and has decided that from now on, he'll play a system and tactics to compliment the strengths of the players he has?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 hours ago, SecretPro said:

That's my point - it doesn't stop people posting the links and clinging to them. The transfer forum every Window is full of people discussing extremely tenuous links from absolute no-marks. It's what this forum is for lol

Didn't @themightyfinalso post there'd been talks with soyuncu and all was well again too? Hows that gone....

Fine with people posting what they hear but when youve got a track record of talking utter shit and losing your shit when youre called out on it, you deserve to be called for it.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Didn't @themightyfinalso post there'd been talks with soyuncu and all was well again too? Hows that gone....

Fine with people posting what they hear but when youve got a track record of talking utter shit and losing your shit when youre called out on it, you deserve to be called for it.

Correct. I did and as far as I know they are still good since their clear the air a couple of weeks ago.

Don't blame me for the fact he's not picking him..

Now that I'm not responsible for. 

You need to ask BR as to why. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Correct. I did and as far as I know they are still good since their clear the air a couple of weeks ago.

Don't blame me for the fact he's not picking him..

Now that I'm not responsible for. 

You need to ask BR as to why. 

BR knows less than you 😂