Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Harry Souttar

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Is this a joke or is he really out for a month or so? 

Nah, he has been out with an “injury” recently so missed Stoke’s last 2 games but that just so happens to coincide with when our interested started and he would also be back from this injury right on time for Stoke’s next game after the transfer window closed

Coincidence ay? 

• Like 1

This bothers me tbh. It just feels like we’ve targeted a 6 foot 6 centre back and as the last one was a disaster we’ve gone in for another. This type of player doesn’t suit us, will no doubt struggle playing a high line not to mention his injury.

Just now, lcfcsnow said:

This bothers me tbh. It just feels like we’ve targeted a 6 foot 6 centre back and as the last one was a disaster we’ve gone in for another. This type of player doesn’t suit us, will no doubt struggle playing a high line not to mention his injury.

I think you are assuming everyone over six two can't run. 

He's not a complete donkey and we probably do need a more physical presence. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Tell us you’ve never watched Souttar without telling us you’ve never watched Souttar.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I don’t know why, but I don’t have a good feeling about this transfer. Probably still scarred from the Vestergaard debacle lol 

Most seem to  be suggesting he's strong and quite quick ergo nothing like Vestergaard.  You really have to think we've learnt a lesson from that transfer and this also isn't a last minute flap of a purchase. 

Just now, Bordersfox said:

Most seem to  be suggesting he's strong and quite quick ergo nothing like Vestergaard.  You really have to think we've learnt a lesson from that transfer and this also isn't a last minute flap of a purchase. 

You really hope so. In fairness it’s good to see us returning to the lower leagues for players, as much as I’m hesitant I wouldn’t be surprised if he turned out to be an astute signing also. 

Like I said, I blame Vestergaard for the trepidation lol 

I don’t know why some of you are so reluctant to sign someone just because of their height. I mean, that is so dumb. 

One look at the Stoke forum and you’ll see how much they love him. If they love him that much then he’s clearly too good for the championship. At 24 that tells me that he can progress nicely in to a solid PL CB.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

You really hope so. In fairness it’s good to see us returning to the lower leagues for players, as much as I’m hesitant I wouldn’t be surprised if he turned out to be an astute signing also. 

Like I said, I blame Vestergaard for the trepidation lol 

And nobody can blame you for that!

15 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I am an Australian so I should know this but; is he strong? He is tall but old m8 Vesty gets easily pushed off the ball. Dont want a repeat.

I wouldn't use Vestergaard as a comparison to any defender lol 

Just now, Pliskin said:

Let’s remember that when we went to sign Vesty, Southampton fans were in fits of hysterics and reminded us how shit he was. Stoke fans rave about Souttar. You can never get a better lowdown than people who watch him week in week out. 

Agreed. From what I've been told (aside from Height) he's a completely different player to Vestergaard. Apparently comfortable on the ball, and positioning are his strengths. The latter fills me with confidence.

You can most certainly play a high line with average paced defenders if those in the backline have the awareness to read the game. I'd take awareness over pace all day long.

Fofana was a good example, quick and technically good but I'd argue his awareness requires work and in my view it showed as he was still prone to players getting in round the back. 

From the Stoke STHs I know, they have said in their view he's one of the best players in Championship currently and is destined to play at the highest level. 

Like you said I'm inclined to take the opinion of people who regularly watch said player rather than perceptions based on physical attributes and stats. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

I don’t know why some of you are so reluctant to sign someone just because of their height. I mean, that is so dumb. 

One look at the Stoke forum and you’ll see how much they love him. If they love him that much then he’s clearly too good for the championship. At 24 that tells me that he can progress nicely in to a solid PL CB.

Also, most teams we play seem to have big bastards in defense and they seem to be able to move. Just seems to be Vesty that can so more than a bit of light jogging.

• Like 1