Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Harry Souttar

Just now, Sampson said:

Reading the Stoke forum and it seems he's just finding his feet again after a long-term injury. Just hope it was a one-off and we haven't signed another injury prone player. :)

If he isn't then Brendan the Butcher will soon see to it.

• Sad 1

I wouldn't for a minute assume that Souttar goes straight in. A fair bit of work to do on the training ground first. He is the replacement for Jonny I reckon. Understanding at the back is vital and it takes a bit of time to find that.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

I wouldn't for a minute assume that Souttar goes straight in. A fair bit of work to do on the training ground first. He is the replacement for Jonny I reckon. Understanding at the back is vital and it takes a bit of time to find that.

You might he missing the fact that amartey needs urgently replacing. We don't have the luxury of time in that position I'm afraid.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

You might he missing the fact that amartey needs urgently replacing. We don't have the luxury of time in that position I'm afraid.

Faes was shoved in too early and we know what happened there. Amartey , in spite of all the rubbish spoken on here, has been decent for us. There are less reliable CBs in the PL  for sure.

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

So you actually think that we're going to sign a new centre half and then choose to continue playing Daniel Amartey ahead of him? Not a chance. I suspect Souttar will be straight in for the weekend, but if he isn't he'll start the Spurs game. 

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Faes was shoved in too early and we know what happened there. Amartey , in spite of all the rubbish spoken on here, has been decent for us. There are less reliable CBs in the PL  for sure.

Amartey is a liability and Faes has been been babysitting Thomas. Faes needs a solid CB next to him and I'd be happy with Faes and Souttar.

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

So you actually think that we're going to sign a new centre half and then choose to continue playing Daniel Amartey ahead of him? Not a chance. I suspect Souttar will be straight in for the weekend, but if he isn't he'll start the Spurs game. 

Villa would be more than happy with that I'm sure.We should give the lad a couple of weeks at least.

I can see it now, Maddison over the corner, Souttar at the back post waiting for the delivery, towering over his marker, fans getting excited with the prospect of us finally having a threat from set pieces, in comes the corner..............................headed away at the near post under no pressure :nigel:

10 hours ago, Aleksz said:

What’s so hard to understand about it not being as black and white as, info doesn’t happen = deceit 

Things change in football. Things move quickly. Deceit isn’t half dramatic toolol

I get that. But some 'ITKs' have a record of being wrong way more often than they are right. Which, given existing speculation and rumours, actually takes some doing.

This isn't a case of jumping down somebody's throat for being wrong *sometimes*

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yes - what happened was that we immediately looked a lot tighter at the back and went on a very good run in October/November that pulled us up towards mid-table. 

Spot on. That the reality of what happened. I think Faes has a lot to improve on but I also think our defence will be a lot better with the two people we’ve recruited. God help us with BR keeps with big Dan in a back 4. 

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yes - what happened was that we immediately looked a lot tighter at the back and went on a very good run in October/November that pulled us up towards mid-table. 

But not September when he first arrived and got spanked 6 at spurs and was then culpable for Bournemouth’s winning goal 

39 minutes ago, turlo said:

Does he play on the left side of a centre back pairing or will either he of Faes have to play on their weaker side?

There’s was an in depth article posted on here a couple of pages ago and they stated he played on the right of a 2/3 or the middle of a 3