Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Harry Souttar

4 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Very happy with this. We get bullied all the time so having two new units in him and Kristiansen should help  

Clearly a decision has been made that we need more mental strength on the pitch. It's been obvious for some time. Kristiansen and Souttar would seem to fit the bill. Is Tete a strong character? I have no idea...

Just now, Finnegan said:

Nobody wants to admit it but we really miss Fofana doing this. 

Agreed and if he can recover from injuries I still think he can become something quite special. 

On a more positive spin though and trying to be optimistic, I think potentially the proceeds of the sale look as if they have been invested well in the shape of the three incomers. They are all of a certain age and more like the signings we used to make when things were rosey. Certainly no place for Rodgers to hide now, he's been backed!

2 minutes ago, Hack said:

As I have suggested think a faster Robert Huth.

Huth was so invaluable during that special season.  I don't see Souttar as all that similar apart from being a Goliath, but he looks like he has the tools to be a solid CB in this league. 

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yes - what happened was that we immediately looked a lot tighter at the back and went on a very good run in October/November that pulled us up towards mid-table. 

Yes, playing alongside you-know-who. Since the WC he's been worse than Amartey. And people saying this is because Faes has had to 'babysit' Thomas haven't been paying attention to how shite Castagne has been this season.

• Like 1