Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
manders86

Tony Cottee- it's eleven it's heaven podcast

Hi all,

I hope you don't mind me posting? I've got Tony Cottee on our podcast tomorrow (its eleven its heaven for Jamie Vardy)

We'll be looking back at his time at the club and getting his hot take on what's going on at the minute.

If you've any questions for TC drop them in this thread and I'll put them to him tomorrow.

I'll also put the link of the show here when it's released.

Mark 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

What we're the strengths and weaknesses of the various strike partners he played with at City, Marshall, Heskey, claridge etc and which one did he enjoy playing with the most. 

Along these line but I also would like to know who his best mate was during his time here and does he have any amusing anecdotes about said player.

19 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

What we're the strengths and weaknesses of the various strike partners he played with at City, Marshall, Heskey, claridge etc and which one did he enjoy playing with the most. 

Likewise West Ham - not simply Leicester. In particular 'The Boys of 86' and his strike partnership alongside McAvennie and also Mark Ward on the right flank. 

If he can ask Jamie what the actual relationship is like between Rodgers and Cags, if he can confirm Rodgers is on 10m a season and if it was Rodgers & Rodgers alone that picked Vestergaard and if he was his top choice, just to get it from the mouth of a horse at the stable so to speak.

40 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Likewise West Ham - not simply Leicester. In particular 'The Boys of 86' and his strike partnership alongside McAvennie and also Mark Ward on the right flank. 

we could do a likewise where's it gone wrong at west ham too

7 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

He's regularly employed by the club as a pundit you lot are off your head if you think he's gonna start throwing the current manager under the bus. 

Even if he wasn't I wouldn't expect him to throw him under the bus but I'd still be interested to hear what he says. I don't know why it bothers you. 

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I met Tony at an event in Maidstone recently (month or so ago) and he was excellent. The event was full of West Ham fans, but I asked him a few questions and he was good enough to answer.

He really was excellent for us.

Always struck me as a decent time bloke. I was only a kid when he played for us but I still have memories of him. Did he speak fondly about his time here?

Edited by foxfanazer

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Always struck me as a decent time bloke. I was only a kid when he played for us but I still have memories of him. Did he speak fondly about his time here?

Hugely so. 

Genuinely nice man; had a good chat with him and not only about football. 

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

our latest episode features Steve walsh (the skipper not the Assistant Manager!)

Available on all streaming sites,

In the absence of the BSLB pod this week give us a listen.

https://chrt.fm/track/C7A9AC/traffic.megaphone.fm/COMG2549297481.mp3?updated=1681835887

• Like 1