Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle (A) - EFL Cup - Match Thread

Just now, Typhoeus said:

Barnes off for iheanacho imo.

Bereft of confidence, we need someone to hold it up and be a goal threat

Bereft of putting any kind of effort into helping the team. I really can’t stand his attitude to teamwork 

Just now, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

I put this in my pre match

LB Castagne

CB Faes

CB soyuncu

RB Amartey

Don't allow Amartey to venture forward but let Castagne be the attacking full back. I want solidity in game like this and Luke is just far too brittle.

So 433 when defending and change to 343 when attacking.

Either this, or go 3-5-2 with Faes, Soyuncu and Amartey as CBs, with Castagne and Albrighton as wingbacks 

Get Barnes off. He's not effective in any of our forward play. The downside is that it gives Trippier free reign down their right hand side. 

But if Daka had more and adequate support maybe we might create more. 

• Like 2

Wilf Ndidi and Danny Ward fairly decent.  

Luke Thomas was Pirlo the other week and J-Lo this week.  

Perez, Daka, Barnes and Tielemans are working, but we don't look too likely to score.

Still, we could have been 5 - 0 down after 15 minutes, so I live in hope.  :scarf:

Off the ball work is so poor, seem so much slower than they do when running. Always chasing them, and we try to dive in because we can't keep up. 

Grew into the game a bit but they can score at any time. Midfield completely overrun and basically we are hoping one of our long through balls come off. 

• Like 1