Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle (A) - EFL Cup - Match Thread

That Daka chance was THE opportunity to really piss off this crowd and break the love-in. 

Why is he squaring to Barnes? Misjudged his own position, lack of confidence, thinking the angle isn't right? Combination of all perhaps. Regardless, our best bit of play and it should have resulted in a goal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

Barnes????

Don't talk daft the guy is league 1 standard at best

I said he was working hard but didn't look like scoring.

I stand by that suggestion.

By all means disagree with what I actually say, though.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Can't stop giggling at how crap we are.

XG is 1.26 v 0.07, I mean, we’ve been horrendous but that’s being kind. 

We have been crazy bad in both fullback positions. 

• Like 1

It is incredible how different we are with a bit of confidence. After we survived that opening 15 we took confidence and  started competing. Definitely not a great performance but improving, still don’t trouble the goal. Thought Ndidi was better than the last few games I’d seen him. 

Just now, Aleksz said:

I really hope Barnes is being told to stay high as a threat in transition, because he isn’t half hanging Thomas out to dry going the other way 

Yep. Constantly leads to 3 on 3 chances. Almiron can attack the channel. 

We are asking Perez to track Bruno which is just outnumbering the midfield. Wilf to be honest has done really. 

Can’t help but think we should swap the wingers. Get Barnes pace against Burn. Albrighton to look after Trippier

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino

Grim 2005 Championship long-ball style football. Almost no physicality in the team outside of Faes. A team that can’t play technical football and can’t match physically is never going anywhere.

Squad really does need gutting. Rafa is a complete genius for making Perez look like a half decent footballer for half a season, absolute waste of space.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

That Daka chance was THE opportunity to really piss off this crowd and break the love-in. 

Why is he squaring to Barnes? Misjudged his own position, lack of confidence, thinking the angle isn't right? Combination of all perhaps. Regardless, our best bit of play and it should have resulted in a goal. 

Surprised he knew Barnes was playing tonight 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Sort them out, Brendan half time arse kicking please !!

I heartily agree. I hope the team give him a right shitting and come out for the second half with iheanacho up top and brendan with a steak over his eye.

Edit, I put the comma in for you.

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’d love to watch a Leicester Amazon documentary on this season. 

Has anyone told the club about this potential revenue stream that might help our FFP. 

Brendan Rodgers: My Leicester Story