Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle (A) - EFL Cup - Match Thread

9 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Who would you bring on? Genuine question

Go 5 at the back, Albrighton RWB move Castagne to LWB, Thomas off for Soyuncu (which we know will never happen😂) Barnes off for Iheanacho and go 2 up top 

Having said that where that leaves Perez I don't know, ha ha

Edited by copunk

2 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Second half subs…

Cags on for Thomas 

Kelchi on for Barnes 

3-5-2 

castagne left wing back, Marc right wing back. Faes, Cags, Dangerous Dan 3 at back. Midfield 3 of Youri, Wilf and Perez. Kelchi and Daka up top. Job done 

Thats just wot i would do 

• Like 2

Barnes has been so far off the pace now for a year or more.

Perez and Daka are physically lightweight.

Perez has to be one of the poorest signings we’ve ever made.

Thomas not ready yet.

Rodgers total fraud and inept.

Can’t believe we’re still in this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

You know he’ll get them all sat down and just clap at them.

I’m his biggest critic but did you see him go nuts at Ward? Don’t think I’ve ever seen that 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Yep. Constantly leads to 3 on 3 chances. Almiron can attack the channel. 

We are asking Perez to track Bruno which is just outnumbering the midfield. Wilf to be honest has done really. 

Can’t help but think we should swap the wingers. Get Barnes pace against Burn. Albrighton to look after Trippier

Don't be silly, as if Brendan has the guile to think that outside of his tiny box 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That Daka chance was THE opportunity to really piss off this crowd and break the love-in. 

Why is he squaring to Barnes? Misjudged his own position, lack of confidence, thinking the angle isn't right? Combination of all perhaps. Regardless, our best bit of play and it should have resulted in a goal. 

Heat of the moment wrong decision. The target was narrowing on him. As a striker,. you should be taking it on anyway. So, yeah, praps a lack of confidence. 

1 minute ago, Will1981 said:

Thomas is being left against Almiron and Trippier every time because Barnes is not tracking Trippier, I would swap Barnes and Albrighton so Albrighton can help Thomas and Barnes can run at Burns on a yellow card.

It looks as if he's been told not to. Thomas is to challenge Trippier high. Faes is covering over for Almiron..Not saying that's wise. But I can see the formation