Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle 2-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

One thing that stuck in my head from last night, taken me way too long to post it!

Was when Dan Burn and Eddie Howe were being interviewed next to each other and Burn was describing his goal...

"Yep working on our combinations in the corner there, would you say that was a combination 3 or combination 5 gaffer?"

Can you imagine any of our lot coming out and saying something like that? They don't even look like they work on passing it to the nearest team mate, never mind arrange themselves in groups of 3 or 5 to pass between and through defences!

Edited by AjcW
  • Sad 2

On 10/01/2023 at 21:55, jim5000 said:

Newcastle have Saudi Arabia pouring money in, we have a board that hasn’t invested for three windows.

I/we feel for you guys, certainly nothing worst then paying your hard earned whilst giving it all for you beloved club.

Yet, since May '07 - we never really had the appropriate investment, this was always going to be this way with previous obnoxious owner! Lol, even after last promotion to Prem we mainly had same Champ squad for couple seasons, and still have several of those players, became so desperate that when you guys opened your fab state of the art training etc. ground - our players were used to using wheelie bins for freaking ice baths, sadly, a truth that's recently only been rectified. Aye 52k fans plus Sky cash and it mostly went out the back door.

Believe me when I say: bruceless football is up with if not the worst, WORST football you'll ever witness, you think you've got it bad!

Just make sure he's (bruce) not brought in charge if Mr Rodger services are no longer needed, how he gets employment, unbelievable, oh, and a pathological liar to boot, anyways, thankfully, all history.

Tho, very similar to how we couldn't control who was brought in to manage, we also didn't/don't have a say with who bought us, but we've done our time, wether we like our owners our not, not our decision - so we'll gladly enjoy the football while the good times roll.

As a fan who watched their team battle relegation for many a seasons, and lost a couple :-( oh and were one of the whipping teams - really don't think you'll go down, thankfully, as more woeful teams around you, actually, sure wouldn't want you guys and gals to endure that, so good kuck 👍

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

Wouldn't begrudge anyone celebrating a League Cup win but i do find a pitch invasion for winning a quarter finals of it a bit tin pot. For a supposedly massive club. Especially after all the shit we got about it being an "egg cup" under O'Neill

To be fair, we've been utter tripe for years, total embarrassment, with our last semi final 18 years ago... Aye, soon after owning, the goit owner let it be known that we no longer do cups, survival was only 1 ambition.

Tbh, most fans do not consider we are a massive, or big club - history proves we've won fook all, more media rubbish tbf.

OC you'll always get the fans saying such, likes of rubbish about we'll buy all/every top player, but most fans I know just wanted a team that tries, nice to dream tho. Reality is, we ain't been to this final since 76, I think it was, lol.

15 minutes ago, ToonSportsNoItAll said:

To be fair, we've been utter tripe for years, total embarrassment, with our last semi final 18 years ago... Aye, soon after owning, the goit owner let it be known that we no longer do cups, survival was only 1 ambition.

Tbh, most fans do not consider we are a massive, or big club - history proves we've won fook all, more media rubbish tbf.

OC you'll always get the fans saying such, likes of rubbish about we'll buy all/every top player, but most fans I know just wanted a team that tries, nice to dream tho. Reality is, we ain't been to this final since 76, I think it was, lol.

Fair enough

Edited by Gamble92
  • Like 1

On 11/01/2023 at 11:11, TheFish said:

Geordie in peace, not on the wind up or owt. 

Fair play to the brave souls who made it up for the match. Can't have been much fun. Hope they managed a few beers before/after at least. Given the number of changes you were forced to make due to injury and the likely focus on the league games, it wasn't a massive surprise that you looked a little disjointed. When you switched from trying to play through the press and instead went over it, you looked way more likely to score. Had Daka taken the shot on instead of passing it to Barnes (I think?), you could have taken the lead. 

Been on the other side of these results/performances, and it's shit but I honestly think when you've got your first team fit, you'll be a vastly different prospect. Had a browse of your match-thread and fair play for the gallows humour in there. 

Anyway, like I said, hope those who came up had as good a night as possible. 

Well said, hope we give you a good reception outside the match 👍

44 minutes ago, ToonSportsNoItAll said:

I meant Forest btw, not your lot