Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle 2-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

5 hours ago, Bptiger said:

What can u say it was another useless performance, but what got me angry was really the lack of desire compared to the Newcastle side , they always looked like they had 3 extra players on the park . 
just a breakdown on some of our players.

timmy worst game I have seen him play was beaten so easily every time .

vardy I love the bloke but I think his time has come .

barnes he has gone from hero to zero , was useless , needs a good kick in the arse . 
daka don’t think he will ever make it in this league 

allBrighton , another fav of mine but he to has come the the end of his road 

Perez well he is only there because we have no one else, maybe a one legged player would be better 

and the rest , well they just floated throw the game , I am thinking we get relegated this year , we need some new recruits ASAP and a new manager. 
that’s my whinge , love my team but I can’t see I way out at present 

I am not sure we showed a lack of desire. We are down in form and confidence across the group of players and missing key players especially our talisman of the moment Maddison. I think that can easily be seen as a lack of desire. I didn’t see much evidence that we weren’t trying. Next to Newcastle though we were clearly second best. I think we do have to credit Newcastle with what they have achieved in the last 12 months and what they have become. That should be seen as a sign of hope as to what is possible if we can start improving our game on and off the pitch and how quickly we could turn it around. 

I do think we have to recognise that we are in the most perilous position we have faced since 2016/17 when Ranieri left, probably worse given the apparent financial constraints and looming personnel changes. The next few weeks performance on and off the pitch are massive to our direction. Even if we navigate that period we need to continue that course for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 2

Typical Rodgers non performance. Tactics seem to be wait until they score then we'll react. I m sick of this every game. If Barnes doesn’t  play well then this set up doesn't  work . Barnes has been awful since WC . Offers no protection to Thomas. Defending was poor again. Can't see anything different on Saturday. Glad I didn't get a ticket.

9 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

There is never a positive,in not worrying about a semi-final.
Success breeds success and gives the city’s football fraternity a massive lift…

I would tend to agree, but not when we have such a massive injury list. Watching Castagne last night and he looked visibly knackered. Worse game ive ever seen him play. I feel like this season needs 100% focus on the league to give the players we do have chance to rest and recover where possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingcarr21 said:

I would tend to agree, but not when we have such a massive injury list. Watching Castagne last night and he looked visibly knackered. Worse game ive ever seen him play. I feel like this season needs 100% focus on the league to give the players we do have chance to rest and recover where possible.

OK...when are we going to start that?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dames said:

Rodgers waxing lyrical about Newcastle again after the game. Firmly has his eyes on that job if Howe somehow ends up screwing up. 

Brand Brendan. Always, now and forever. 

He’s not getting any top jobs anymore. Why would Newcastle want his negativity and his slow, boring laborious possession play. Several of the bigger jobs (Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal) went to managers those clubs thought were better for them. The Chelsea one was the job he really wanted. I think he’s done.

• Like 1

Just now, Chelmofox said:

He’s not getting any top jobs anymore. Why would Newcastle want his negativity and his slow, boring laborious possession play. Several of the bigger jobs (Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal) went to managers those clubs thought were better for them. The Chelsea one was the job he really wanted. I think he’s done.

You just have to step outside the fanbases he’s previously managed and the opinion is very different. He’s managed the media very effectively and most people are still under the belief he is an elite manager.

Just now, Dames said:

You just have to step outside the fanbases he’s previously managed and the opinion is very different. He’s managed the media very effectively and most people are still under the belief he is an elite manager.

I feel like Everton are the only Premier league club crazy enough to want this fraud

• Like 1

Just now, Dames said:

Appreciate that but fanbases don’t appoint managers. It will be what the leadership teams think of him that matters. 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

I feel like Everton are the only Premier league club crazy enough to want this fraud

And there is no chance they will be that stupid. Not only isn’t he good enough, but Everton have been burned by ex Liverpool managers. Right now, I don’t see him getting anything in the PL. Maybe abroad but for now his PL league days are done. 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Everton, West Ham, Villa and Newcastle would all take him if they were looking. 

That being said if lowered his standards most teams fans from the Premier League would be buzzing with his appointment.

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Appreciate that but fanbases don’t appoint managers. It will be what the leadership teams think of him that matters. 

And most of them don’t really have a clue. Its why Pardew kept getting jobs for years despite being pony. 

After a 3 hour drive back from watching what I'd generously describe as garbage, I'm back into work absolutely shattered and quite a few quid lighter.

It just warms my heart, though, to know that transient players who, last night, looked as if they'd rather be anywhere else in the world have been given a day off from their 'job' playing and will be at leisure  to spend their tens of thousands of pounds they earn weekly on basically whatever they want to do. They've earnt it. 

In the cold light of morning I'm absolutely fuming with the club from top to bottom. Not JUST or specifically Rodgers but the lot of the sorry crowd. They had a Top 6 club that required minimal nudges and changes in management to have a future of success and they've contrived to turn it into this. Managing to make the pedestrian look good and alienating the fanbase to the point where plenty of folk I know just don't consider going. All this in TWO years. Top work.

The siren call of the lower leagues rings louder every day. Less money urinated up the wall and some actual, genuine enthusiasm for the game rather than money and fame hungry husks of human beings more interested in hairstyles and boot colours than actually turning up and  tuning it. 

Edited by foxile5
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

He will get another top job though. I dont like rogers but he and his agent will say when he has support and constant investment from the chairmen and board he can deliver results. He got us top 6 for a couple of seasons bordering top 4 then Top and board stopped investing in the squad now we are left with half the starting 11 being mid championship standard.

Again i dont particularly like rogers but this is his defence.

Edited by les-tah

11 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

Surprisingly calm about it all.  I'm past caring.  Until something changes with the club, I'm distancing myself from it.  It's just not worth the time, money or even effort any more.

I'm sort of like that. I'll still watch but I have distanced myself. The results no longer bother me in the way they once did, I too am calm about it.  But true enough, if I were paying money to watch - or travelling miles - then I'd stop watching. There's little passion in it for me at the moment, it's purely interest. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
17 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

After a 3 hour drive back from watching what I'd generously describe as garbage, I'm back into work absolutely shattered and quite a few quid lighter.

It just warms my heart, though, to know that transient players who, last night, looked as if they'd rather be anywhere else in the world have been given a day off from their 'job' playing and will be at leisure  to spend their tens of thousands of pounds they earn weekly on basically whatever they want to do. They've earnt it. 

In the cold light of morning I'm absolutely fuming with the club from top to bottom. Not JUST or specifically Rodgers but the lot of the sorry crowd. They had a Top 6 club that required minimal nudges and changes in management to have a future of success and they've contrived to turn it into this. Making the average look good and managing to make the pedestrian look good and alienating the fanbase to the point where plenty of folk I know just don't consider going. All this in TWO years. Top work.

Hats off to you mate for making the journey. 
I’d be fuming too. Not once did we look like we thought we could win that game last night. Were there many Leicester there?

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Hats off to you mate for making the journey. 
I’d be fuming too. Not once did we look like we thought we could win that game last night. Were there many Leicester there?

It was a reasonable turn out. Not rammed but certainly more than I'd anticipated. Quite vocal, too, until we started to collapse.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there - it's not the loss itself. I've supported us since the Pleat era. I'm used to that. It's the manner of the defeat. A group of 11 players did their best approximation of football for 60 minutes and then gave up.

• Like 1

Watch the second goal and watch the lack of effort/tracking back by our sorry bunch. 

The numerous chances in the first half where multiple unmarked players were left in the 18 yard box. 

It’s that sort of stuff which says the manager needs to go because it’s a sign of demotivation, bogged down and he can’t get a tune out of them. 

PL is predominately about being the team with the highest tempo and winning the second ball repeatedly. You can do that numerous ways - direct, knocking it around, wing. But fundamentally, you’ve gotta run harder and work harder; if you are not doing that you are a lost cause. 

That’s why regardless of new players etc, it’s time for Rodgers to go. He’s won’t change anything, he’s built himself a hole in man management and he simply doesn’t want to tactically try something different 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

I’m not one of those blaming the manager.

We did need 5-6 players last summer. We got one.

We need minimum 4 players this window. We haven’t signed one yet.

Points 2 and 3 are correct. No argument from me there. So if you're basing your judgement of our manager solely on those things then I can see the conclusion you've reached.

Do you think Rodgers could do better (for example, by changing formations and tactics) with the players at his disposal? I know I do.

36 minutes ago, Dames said:

Everton, West Ham, Villa and Newcastle would all take him if they were looking. 

That being said if lowered his standards most teams fans from the Premier League would be buzzing with his appointment.

Everton wont go ex Liverpool again, Villa found a much better option and Newcastle have actually got their heads screwed on and making good / shrewd decisions (the sort of decisions that don't lead to a rodgers appointment).

Which leaves West Ham in your list. Maybe, but i bet they have their sights on someone better on the continent (like every other club seams to right now).

Trying to be positive. I still have a lot of faith in Daka. I thought he did well at times yesterday. He is never going to be that guy to win a header against a 6'5 defender and unfortunately, a lot of times he did something good or held it up, he was left alone. It be interesting to see him next to Kelechi for a sustained period of time. 

it certainly doesnt help playing one isolated striker when our midfield is lacking our best player. 

I'm hoping the new manager finds a way around this problem when the new Chairman appoints him (now I live in dream land where the nikanpoops no longer exist). 

2 hours ago, Gazza3 said:

Typical Rodgers non performance. Tactics seem to be wait until they score then we'll react. I m sick of this every game. If Barnes doesn’t  play well then this set up doesn't  work . Barnes has been awful since WC . Offers no protection to Thomas. Defending was poor again. Can't see anything different on Saturday. Glad I didn't get a ticket.

He has but look at the opposition pre world cup. A wins a win and it should build confidence but we're against the big boys now ...

Spurs - Hammered

Forest

Bournemouth- lost

Palace - 0-0 CPFC were on top and switched off

Leeds

Wolves

Man city- Bus parked for 78 mins -lost

Everton

Newport

West Ham

I was quite taken aback by just how poor Leicester were last night. It just seems to have got to the point of no return for Rodgers, the longer he clings on the more toxic it will get.

As far us decent display. After over a decade of publicly ****ing off the cups, it's nice to have a good run again. We probably won't win it but it gives you a bit of hope. 

• Like 1