Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle 2-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I’m not one of those blaming the manager.

We did need 5-6 players last summer. We got one.

We need minimum 4 players this window. We haven’t signed one yet.

We’ll need a minimum of 5 players in the summer window, plus whatever shortfall we carry forward from this window and the last.

I can’t see that happening and that worries me deeply.

Meantime that was one of the most abject performances of the last decade. We are so poorly equipped to play against hard-pressing, powerful, physical teams. That weakness of ours has gone on since Maguire left, possibly longer. It should’ve been fixed by now, as I’m sure Rodgers both knows and argues.

I think a couple of days away from FT might be good for my psyche!

You want our club to give this man more money? Have you not seen his signings? Not just for us, he replaced Suarez with Balotelli!

You sir, must have contracted the new clown BX1.63527 variant of covid.

Edited by SheppyFox
  • Like 2

Trouble is Brendan don’t help himself in playing the same piss poor team with one upfront.. what on earth has kel got to do to prove he needs to start with daka or vardy. It’s almost as if the team is defeated before kick off. I feel sorry for the fans that travelled tonight because that was absolutely gutless. Staying up is vital now and main priority but that was men against boys.. the whole team was bullied. 

17 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

What I don’t understand is how we went from looking like we were getting back to being more solid (pre WC) to the shambles we saw tonight (and most games post WC) 

Pre WC we had a run of games against teams in the bottom 6. Post WC we've played 4 games against teams in the top 7. 

3 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

We’ll need a minimum of 5 players in the summer window, plus whatever shortfall we carry forward from this window and the last.

Meantime that was one of the most abject performances of the last decade. We are so poorly equipped to play against hard-pressing, powerful, physical teams. That weakness of ours has gone on since Maguire left, possibly longer. It should’ve been fixed by now, as I’m sure Rodgers both knows and argues.

Good point ,totally agree with you

• Like 1

Really poor. Why we played Thomas when Almiron tore him a new one two weeks ago I’ll never know. Couldn’t handle their press. Had little ideas. Players too far away from each other. No heart. No intensity. Took us until we were 2-0 down to start playing properly. 

3 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Maybe you should start blaming the manager.

Rodgers is doing a great job of saving his own skin by telling the media about his net spend. Us fans should not been falling for that bullshit. Look a bit deeper and has Rodgers signed a player that's made our first team better? How many players have improved under him? How many players has he seemingly isolated?

We need signings but how can anyone trust Rodgers to get it right.

• Like 3

That hurt tonight, seeing a team so woefully coached and set up, we barely laid a glove on them and went out of another cup quarter final with nothing more than a whimper. 

We had no fight, no spirit and our football was stale and one dimensional. Gone is the fearless tag and unfortunately we are now a club in the image of its manager. 

to go out of a major cup competition without a fight is absolutely criminal. I am disgusted in tonight’s performance. 

• Like 3

We're fortunate it was only 2-0 because that was shocking. Totally outplayed from start to finish. Newcastle all over us. Seriously worried about the Forest game now, we just look out of our depth in every area. Mistakes at the back, a poor goalkeeper, can't keep the ball in midfield and upfront were toothless. Daka, Vardy, Perez, Barnes... All of them are playing absolute garbage. 

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Really poor. Why we played Thomas when Almiron tore him a new one two weeks ago I’ll never know. Couldn’t handle their press. Had little ideas. Players too far away from each other. No heart. No intensity. Took us until we were 2-0 down to start playing properly. 

Who else would you have played?

It's so gutting to watch Newcastle play an exciting high pressing attacking style of football while we try and play turgid possession football with players that can't pass, have a terrible first touch and shit themselves under pressure. Newcastle remind of 2016 Leicester.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Why is anyone still watching Sky? All you'll get is a Toon love in and Brendan's bollocks.

I’m going to guess that they need a good telephoto lens to focus in on on them given his overall size?