Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle 2-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

13 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Do Newcastle realise they’ve only reached the semis and not actually won the cup? 

They’ve won the quarter final cup tbf. You need to watch Danny Burns doing his crazy legs dance in the changing room again. Watch it say 4 or 5 times more and then you’ll realise they’ve won their first cup. 

• Like 1

That was embarassing tonight. We had players all over the pitch making sloppy mistakes throughout. We only threatened their goal when the game was gone at 2-0.

How Barnes managed to see out the 90 minutes is beyond me. I genuinely can't remember anything he did that was productive!!

• Like 1

Just now, burleighfox said:

Sack. Bin. Dump. Ditch. Discard. Remove.

Whatever you want to call itg, just get him gone before Saturday.

I sat on the fence giving him another chance but now I’m feeling the same way he’s taken us as far as he can we need a new manager asap I’m hoping the board have one in the wings, we can’t keep going on losing like this !

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I’m not one of those blaming the manager.

We did need 5-6 players last summer. We got one.

We need minimum 4 players this window. We haven’t signed one yet.

We’ll need a minimum of 5 players in the summer window, plus whatever shortfall we carry forward from this window and the last.

I can’t see that happening and that worries me deeply.

Meantime that was one of the most abject performances of the last decade. We are so poorly equipped to play against hard-pressing, powerful, physical teams. That weakness of ours has gone on since Maguire left, possibly longer. It should’ve been fixed by now, as I’m sure Rodgers both knows and argues.

I think a couple of days away from FT might be good for my psyche!

Hahahahaha, **** me, even my mum whose clueless about football and hitting her 70s said in Punjabi"  harek wala picha nu kala jan de a apna goal nu" which means why do they keep going back toward their own goal, Brendan ****in ball.

Mans had the team for nearly 4 seasons now, new singings or not that squad hasn't been coached properly.

Edited by Viktor-LCFC
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

City are dying,just like me…:(

Terminal,no hope,no cure…..I really did want a never say die farewell,at least from

my town of birth…

Rodgers ain’t the only problem,how can any Leicester player be happy with these

performances. Don’t footballers speak to each other,in groups and help the young player….I fight for my life,they can’t fight for the next piece of turf.

Because the quality & high potential within,they do represent the worst team/squad we have ever had,because they are destroying themselves…

And Rodgers can’t write….or misplaces his notepad,every week,that should be enough to get him sacked….Or his he rewriting Les Miserables…

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

Hahahahaha, **** me, even my mum whose clueless about football and hitting her 70s said in Punjabi"  harek wala picha nu kala jan de a apna goal nu" which means why do they keep going back toward their own goal, Brendan ****in ball.

Mans had the team for nearly 4 seasons now, new singings or not that squad has been coached properly.

And she's not even Asian! :D

• Haha 2

That was worse than the 3-0 defeat to Newcastle boxing day. Just woeful all over the pitch. Castagne worse game in a city shirt. So many toothless performances.

Rodgers once again coming out with comments that belittle the squad players. How do you expect players like Amartey, Albrighton, Thomas and Daka to bust a gut for the cause when the manager comes out with rubbish like I'm not a magician?

He is once again laying the foundation of excuses so when the inevitable happens he will still be the media darling and 'Elite manager'. Laughable.

I honestly can't stand the style of football. The constant passing round the back drives me insane.

Barnes needs dropping and a firework shoved up his arse. It's times like these where we need our goalscoring players to step up and put a shift in. Set the tempo, if you can't score then get the energy levels up. He is so lethargic he doesn't deserve a wage.

Only positive tonight is we don't have a semi final to worry about. Need to get our better players back asap and try and sign some fresh players to inject some energy. Couple of loan signings will do. 

Do not see where our next result is coming from. A draw Vs Forest would be good enough to stop the rot. We are in some serious trouble

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Who else would you have played?

Castagne At left back. Then the choice of playing Albrighton at right back, with Perez out wide and Iheanacho at 10. Or Amartey at right back and Soyuncu at centre half. The only thing Thomas’ is offering us right now is being our weakest link. 

I think we forget that was a cup quarter final we just performed like that in. You'd be pissed off in a pre season friendly but that was really the best we can do. 

There is absolutely no way out of this with BR in charge. He cannot and will not turn this around. 

4 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

They’ve won the quarter final cup tbf. You need to watch Danny Burns doing his crazy legs dance in the changing room again. Watch it say 4 or 5 times more and then you’ll realise they’ve won their first cup. 

In our whole title season,we never pushed out or allowed such celebrations of nothing…

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Larry_LCFC said:

I think we forget that was a cup quarter final we just performed like that in. You'd be pissed off in a pre season friendly but that was really the best we can do. 

There is absolutely no way out of this with BR in charge. He cannot and will not turn this around. 

That’s a great point. 
It was a cup quarter final and we had no heart for it, or stomach. 
Shocking how mentally weak the whole club has become.

It WAS like we conceded before the game kicked off. 
That wouldn’t have happened under MON in a million years, or Pearson tbf.

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Castagne At left back. Then the choice of playing Albrighton at right back, with Perez out wide and Iheanacho at 10. Or Amartey at right back and Soyuncu at centre half. The only thing Thomas’ is offering us right now is being our weakest link. 

I suggested a back 3 with soyuncu allowing Thomas more cover, but think however we set them out with what we have, we’d have got beaten.

we had a small chance of getting something tonight, and I was surprised we had that, the quality and team spirit just isn’t there 

4 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

That was worse than the 3-0 defeat to Newcastle boxing day. Just woeful all over the pitch. Castagne worse game in a city shirt. So many toothless performances.

Rodgers once again coming out with comments that belittle the squad players. How do you expect players like Amartey, Albrighton, Thomas and Daka to bust a gut for the cause when the manager comes out with rubbish like I'm not a magician?

He is once again laying the foundation of excuses so when the inevitable happens he will still be the media darling and 'Elite manager'. Laughable.

I honestly can't stand the style of football. The constant passing round the back drives me insane.

Barnes needs dropping and a firework shoved up his arse. It's times like these where we need our goalscoring players to step up and put a shift in. Set the tempo, if you can't score then get the energy levels up. He is so lethargic he doesn't deserve a wage.

Only positive tonight is we don't have a semi final to worry about. Need to get our better players back asap and try and sign some fresh players to inject some energy. Couple of loan signings will do. 

Do not see where our next result is coming from. A draw Vs Forest would be good enough to stop the rot. We are in some serious trouble

There is never a positive,in not worrying about a semi-final.
Success breeds success and gives the city’s football fraternity a massive lift…

26 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

It looks that way too. 

...not downed tools!!!

Just confused as what is being asked of them. They were the same at the start of the season,  what Rodgers is asking of them is not what they can provide.

Daka not shooting when he had the chance was Daka choosing to do what he has been coached to do. His instincts are now secondary  and will result in him being slower to execute passes or shooting at goal.

This group of players is stunted, devoid of self expression and institutionalised by Rodgers and his system.

Just read his comments about the midfielders not passing the ball properly, with Mendy doing the first proper passes of the game. 

What I don’t get is why Mendy and Ihenacho didn’t start when they were the best performers from the weekend. 

He’s not helping himself with his selections -   play in form players, don’t drop them. 

• Like 1