Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle 2-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

I can just about accept a lack of quality, although we should not be in the position we are with the current squad. Which is far below the required standard by the way.

It’s this pathetic, lifeless, passive approach I hate. So easy to play against, to bully. 

At least try to resemble a team that’s hard to beat and actually up for it. I ****ing hate this set of players. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not downed tools!!!

Just confused as what is being asked of them. They were the same at the start of the season,  what Rodgers is asking of them is not what they can provide.

Daka not shooting when he had the chance was Daka choosing to do what he has been coached to do. His instincts are now secondary  and will result in him being slower to execute passes or shooting at goal.

This group of players is stunted, devoid of self expression and institutionalised by Rodgers and his system.

I can’t accept one man has power on how one expresses oneself…

even on social-media, and internet sites,every single player must have lied and crossed the box, “ I am not a Robot”

Couldn't even be arsed to kick either of our cats after that. 

Going to bed now to lie awake through several hours of the wife snoring whilst I try to imagine something positive.

I don't hold out much hope of either sleep or positivity.

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

The most disappointing thing for me is, even with the players out injured there's no plan B. 

We just keep doing the same thing and expecting different results. 

We are desperate for a few signings to give the team a lift and give us some different options. 

I think my new rule will be if Perez is on the pitch I won't bother watching.

.. strange to be waiting for new players to give this team a lift, while we have Wout Faes who came in before the World cup and was dynamic, but niw looks like he has never played this game before!!!

He no longer takes charge at the back, has someone had a word in his ear to tell him to calm down, as he is making the rest of the team look bad, or has he become intimidated by his environment. 

It is such a massive change of demeanour,  something must have happened for him to have become so weak.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Newcastle have Saudi Arabia pouring money in, we have a board that hasn’t invested for three windows.

King Power’s business is travel related and their biggest customers are the Chinese, who haven’t travelled anywhere for three years. So the piggy bank is empty. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not downed tools!!!

Just confused as what is being asked of them. They were the same at the start of the season,  what Rodgers is asking of them is not what they can provide.

Daka not shooting when he had the chance was Daka choosing to do what he has been coached to do. His instincts are now secondary  and will result in him being slower to execute passes or shooting at goal.

This group of players is stunted, devoid of self expression and institutionalised by Rodgers and his system.

The pass was the right move though, he just didn’t pass it early enough 

7 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

King Power’s business is travel related and their biggest customers are the Chinese, who haven’t travelled anywhere for three years. So the piggy bank is empty. 

China opening up again so imagine there'll be a bumper travel rush in the coming year.

A depleted side lacking in confidence against a full strength team with loads of confidence and the backing of a raucous crowd, that was always going to be a rough night. Newcastle are a bad team for us to play at the minute, they're a really physical team and you need to either match that or have the technical ability to play around the press. We have neither at the moment. It's not as bad as people make out though, a few injured players return and a couple of new faces in and it can turn around pretty quickly.

4 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

A depleted side lacking in confidence against a full strength team with loads of confidence and the backing of a raucous crowd, that was always going to be a rough night. Newcastle are a bad team for us to play at the minute, they're a really physical team and you need to either match that or have the technical ability to play around the press. We have neither at the moment. It's not as bad as people make out though, a few injured players return and a couple of new faces in and it can turn around pretty quickly.

I admire your optimism and I hope you're right

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. strange to be waiting for new players to give this team a lift, while we have Wout Faes who came in before the World cup and was dynamic, but niw looks like he has never played this game before!!!

He no longer takes charge at the back, has someone had a word in his ear to tell him to calm down, as he is making the rest of the team look bad, or has he become intimidated by his environment. 

It is such a massive change of demeanour,  something must have happened for him to have become so weak.

That seems to be the Brendan Rodgers way, the likes of Thomas, Faes, Daka, Ndidi and even Castagne looked better when they first came into the team to now. For a supposedly top class coach, a lot of players seem to regress as they spend more time with him.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Couldn't even be arsed to kick either of our cats after that. 

Going to bed now to lie awake through several hours of the wife snoring whilst I try to imagine something positive.

I don't hold out much hope of either sleep or positivity.

Just imagine us passing it around the back. You will be asleep in no time. 

• Haha 1

This club had been so badly managed that we need a clear out starting with the manager, Whelan and Rudkin. Those responsible for the 'building' of this vastly overpaid squad need to go. O.K, o.k I know we won the F.A Cup, but the rot had set in months before that, and this lot are still back slapping each other.

Every team targets Thomas don't they? It's an issue Brendan has been a bit forced into but i really fear for us every time i see a Barnes and Thomas combo down the left. Barnes just doesn't protect his man enough. You need someone so good defensively to substitute for that. A bit like how it didn't matter with Mahrez because Fuchs and Simpson were so good. Issue is Barnes isn't anywhere near consistent enough to justify it. 

• Like 4