Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

Notts Forest (A) - Pre Match

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Pliskin said:

This could probably be the most humiliating defeat of the season. I can genuinely see them run riot, it could be shades of the championship when they stuffed us 5-1 or something. We’ve got nothing left to give I don’t think, and I think Brendan knows full well this will be it if he loses. 

It is a bit like one of those scenes in a movie where someone is holding onto another person dangling off the side of a building about to plummet to their death…. Tops got hold of Brendan’s small hand, but he’s sweating like Prince Andrew at an under 18’s disco, and it’s hopeless him even trying to hold on as he knows the situation impossible to salvage, however they exchange a few final words before the person dangling eventually falls to their death. 

The worry is that the club is in such a mess that if the above DOES happen, there will still be no talk of sacking Bodgers.

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, moseeds said:

He can't stay on if he loses to Forest. No chance. Must win game. And he's going to win it with a flat back 5 and vardy being pissed on in the Trent.

Want a tenner on it mate?

PM me if you do.

I bet you that if Leicester get thrashed, let’s say, by a four goal margin, he stays in his job.

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The worry is that the club is in such a mess that if the above DOES happen, there will still be no talk of sacking Bodgers.

would rather we lose so there’s talk of Rodger’s being sacked? I don’t understand this.

I personally don’t care who’s in charge of us at present because there are bigger problems.

We have players that don’t want to play for us, a manager that doesn’t want to manage us, and it’s very likely an owner that doesn’t want to own us, could it get any worse?

Edited by splinterdream
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Want a tenner on it mate?

PM me if you do.

I bet you that if Leicester get thrashed, let’s say, by a four goal margin, he stays in his job.

I think your right sadly. Genuinely can’t believe what we’re witnessing atm

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

would rather we lose so there’s talk of Rodger’s being sacked? I don’t understand this.

I personally don’t care who’s in charge of us at present because there are bigger problems.

We have players that don’t want to play for us, a manager that doesn’t want to manage us, and it’s very likely an owner that doesn’t want to own us, could it get any worse?

That’s not what I’ve said at all?

Id rather we win but if we DO get hammered I doubt very much Rodgers will get the boot.

So no, not what you’re saying at all 

4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

You would rather we lose so there’s talk of Rodger’s being sacked? I don’t understand this.

A referee that's a secret Forest fan?

Just now, Col city fan said:

That’s not what I’ve said at all?

Id rather we win but if we DO get hammered I doubt very much Rodgers will get the boot.

So no, not what you’re saying at all 

Okay, my mistake, still I think Rodger’s getting sacked may create some new manager bounce but my god, we need a long term plan, but I think we’re a rudderless ship at present heading straight into an iceberg

10 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Supporters that don’t want to support us ??.

9 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I think is not so much that players don't want to play for us, rather that they don't want to play for Rodgers.

• Like 1

Just now, deep blue said:

I think is not so much that players don't want to play for us, rather that they don't want to play for Rodgers.

We need to focus on what we can do as fans, as far as I can see there are 4 options.

1) create a good atmosphere (easier said than done)

2) don't go

3) Boo and voice our displeasure

4) do nothing keep quiet

These are my preferred order, no doubt we will choose 4 I'd really prefer one of the first two options. 

27 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Okay, my mistake, still I think Rodger’s getting sacked may create some new manager bounce but my god, we need a long term plan, but I think we’re a rudderless ship at present heading straight into an iceberg

Not to be picky but surely a rudderless ship meanders into an iceberg. 🤔

But l agree straight has a greater dramatic effect.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

Have you been drinking clown syrup? Three full backs? If it’s showing like that you’re seeing forum format error or being obtuse intentionally. You know where the players on that list, you figure it out.

Albrighton at full back. It's meant to read Mendy, Daka and Albrighton at full back meaning why would Mendy and daka be playing and why would Albrighton be playing at full back? All in all my English probably wasn't very good so apologies. If Dr pepper of coffee count as clown syrup  then the answers yes.

• Haha 1

I am starting to think that Brendan is not fully to blame for this chaos. Don't get me wrong, he has to shoulder some of it, but he is right in the sense that he hasn't had much budget at all for 18 months and that's where it's all gone wrong. Injuries are not his fault either and I am starting to grow frustrated with certain  players more than Brendan. For instance what Castagne did for the first Newcastle goal was brain-dead. Thomas is probably third choice left back who is having to play every game. Who knows how much Brendan has been saying we need to replace this player and that player? He started saying it after forest battered us last year but he hasn't been able to refresh the squad at all and I do feel that if we can't get Madders fit soon and bring in one or 2 we are in big trouble 

• Like 3

For me its a choice to go to the match in the hope of a result or get the sun lounger out and hope for a tan....

Looking for the factor 15 right now.

This match has all the hallmarks of a disasterous capitulation.

And he will still be our manager no matter what. 😡

His last prematch talk was about the 10m net investment (forgot the 200m somehow) and that he was a good coach and not a magician. What exactly did that say to players a few hours before kick off? I'd suggest that if he had his way, they'd have been replaced and none of them were good enough. 
Follow Brendan for more motivational tips in his next bullshit bingo press conference 🤣. A model for all good coaches to follow 👍🏻 

13 hours ago, moseeds said:

He can't stay on if he loses to Forest. No chance. Must win game. And he's going to win it with a flat back 5 and vardy being pissed on in the Trent.

We hot embarrassed  by them.as FA Cup holders.

He should have gone then.

Nothing will change after we lose 2-0