Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

Notts Forest (A) - Pre Match

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

If Thomas plays we get hammered, if Timmy moves to LB and either Brunt or Albrighton move to RB then we have a small chance. For me it's as simple as that regardless of what else is out there further up the field. (I'd like for Barnes to also get replaced but I don't think we have anyone that can play there at the moment, except for maybe Vardy out wide left, Daka in the middle and Nacho on the right, Perez is just a non-player for me, doesn't effect the game at all)

If Barnes doesn't track back we get hammered**

Watched the Bristol City game at the weekend and Pearson hasn't changed one bit. Although he was less angry despite the result.. We need his mentality in the dressing room for games like this. They looked crap in the first half but second half totally different. It usually takes us subs off the bench or formation changes to put the foot on the gas and that's the difference between Rodgers and Pearson because his team didnt.

On 11/01/2023 at 00:23, TJQuik said:

Peppa Pig

Rizzo the rat

Barry

Paul

A labrador called Steve

Jar Jar binks

Guy Fieri

A bag of pickled onion space raiders

Perez

Pope John Paul II

Foghorn leghorn

No basil brush? We need someone with his kind of ‘hunger’ ‘character’ ‘personality’

Brendan Rodgers Pre-Match Press Conference vs Notts Forest

Maddison?

“He’s progressing well but he won’t be available. He’s still with the medical team.”

Praet?

“He’s back in training with the squad. His first day this morning. We’ll see how he is after the session.”

KDH?

“He’s not back yet either. He won’t be training tomorrow, it’ll be some time next week. You miss the energy that he brings to the game. Since he came in, he’s brought a real enthusiasm. He loves the club and you see that in his game. He has that ability to keep going. He is a miss when he doesn’t play but we can’t think about that.”

Any other injuries?

“Ayoze we have to keep an eye on after the game the other night.”

This weekend after Newcastle?

“It’s the perfect type of game after the midweek. Our effort and commitment was ok, but you need to have more quality and we didn’t have that. We move into the next game. We’ve got a great game at the weekend. We played very well a few months ago, we know it will be tough going there. Need to show mettle going there. You need to match everything in terms of duels and being competitive to get a result.”

Home game was turning point?

“It definitely was. We’d been disappointed up to that point. The break gives a chance to reset and that then started a run of games where we looked much better. We’ve picked up injuries since then.”

Transfers?

“The club are working hard in order to do that. Hopefully we’ll have news of that in the future.”

Transfers would help squad?

“It always does, that freshness and continuation of progress. The squad will be better for it. Hopefully we can get some of the injured boys back in the next few weeks and that will help us.”

Forest?

“I think with Steve, there was a lot of change in the summer. With the players coming in, that always takes time, the balance. It’s finding a way to win in the Premier League. That opening period was difficult but they look like they’ve found a settled team. A lot of the new players coming in have adapted better. They will feel they are a different team. Whatever team and whatever shape, we will be ready.”

Game matters?

“It definitely does. I sensed that last year, and then the home game, the atmosphere was fantastic. I sense around this part of the world it’s a very big game and we respect that.”

Chats with Martyn Glover?

“The communication is fine. There’s lots of dialogue. I was with him this morning for an hour. I’m sure we’ll get some players in. It’s always (productive).”

Still thinking of last year's game at Forest?

“It always bothers you when you lose. You have to get over that. It’s part of the learning. Derby games are always passionate and we came out the wrong side of that convincingly last year. We had to learn from that and you saw the response in the home game. It’s now not new for a lot of the players. We have to bring our level to it.”

12 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Watched the Bristol City game at the weekend and Pearson hasn't changed one bit. Although he was less angry despite the result.. We need his mentality in the dressing room for games like this. They looked crap in the first half but second half totally different. It usually takes us subs off the bench or formation changes to put the foot on the gas and that's the difference between Rodgers and Pearson because his team didnt.

Is he still playing our Andy at centre back? 

:kingy:

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Brendan Rodgers Pre-Match Press Conference vs Notts Forest

Maddison?

“He’s progressing well but he won’t be available. He’s still with the medical team.”

Praet?

“He’s back in training with the squad. His first day this morning. We’ll see how he is after the session.”

KDH?

“He’s not back yet either. He won’t be training tomorrow, it’ll be some time next week. You miss the energy that he brings to the game. Since he came in, he’s brought a real enthusiasm. He loves the club and you see that in his game. He has that ability to keep going. He is a miss when he doesn’t play but we can’t think about that.”

Any other injuries?

“Ayoze we have to keep an eye on after the game the other night.”

This weekend after Newcastle?

“It’s the perfect type of game after the midweek. Our effort and commitment was ok, but you need to have more quality and we didn’t have that. We move into the next game. We’ve got a great game at the weekend. We played very well a few months ago, we know it will be tough going there. Need to show mettle going there. You need to match everything in terms of duels and being competitive to get a result.”

Home game was turning point?

“It definitely was. We’d been disappointed up to that point. The break gives a chance to reset and that then started a run of games where we looked much better. We’ve picked up injuries since then.”

Transfers?

“The club are working hard in order to do that. Hopefully we’ll have news of that in the future.”

Transfers would help squad?

“It always does, that freshness and continuation of progress. The squad will be better for it. Hopefully we can get some of the injured boys back in the next few weeks and that will help us.”

Forest?

“I think with Steve, there was a lot of change in the summer. With the players coming in, that always takes time, the balance. It’s finding a way to win in the Premier League. That opening period was difficult but they look like they’ve found a settled team. A lot of the new players coming in have adapted better. They will feel they are a different team. Whatever team and whatever shape, we will be ready.”

Game matters?

“It definitely does. I sensed that last year, and then the home game, the atmosphere was fantastic. I sense around this part of the world it’s a very big game and we respect that.”

Chats with Martyn Glover?

“The communication is fine. There’s lots of dialogue. I was with him this morning for an hour. I’m sure we’ll get some players in. It’s always (productive).”

Still thinking of last year's game at Forest?

“It always bothers you when you lose. You have to get over that. It’s part of the learning. Derby games are always passionate and we came out the wrong side of that convincingly last year. We had to learn from that and you saw the response in the home game. It’s now not new for a lot of the players. We have to bring our level to it.”

This is verbatim what @KrefelderFox666 predicted yesterday lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Who the hell let Maddison go to the World Cup after picking up that knock at West Ham. For **** sakes. Who's paying his wages? Yes he'd be disappointed but in that situation you surely tell Southgate to piss off?

Given he didn't play and barely trained, what's his world cup travels got to do with his current situation? Plus, based on our track record, he's better off with the England medics or a vet than with our lot...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2