Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

Notts Forest (A) - Pre Match

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Perez a doubt now. At this right i will be our most creative player.

On the plus side it probably guarantees a back 5 which is our best route out of there alive!

I'd play a 3-5-2. Let's utilise Castagne strength of being an attacking wing back and RWB suits albrighton who can also put in a good delivery.

Let's start of solid at the back and build on that.

Ndidi to just sit when the wing backs go forward and play that holding role.

Mendy to keep things ticking over and that lets youri opportunity to create 

Then allows a front two of Nacho and Daka. Nacho can link midfield to strike and gives us two up  top and opportunity to press high.

Barnes is woefully off form and better as an impact sub against tired legs. Not sure if this is the right game for Braybrooke but I'd be looking to give him the chance sooner rather than later.

Ward

Castagne (LWB)

Faes

Soyuncu

Amartey

Albrighton (RWB)

Ndidi

Mendy

Tielemans

Daka

Nacho

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Brendan Rodgers Pre-Match Press Conference vs Notts Forest

Maddison?

“He’s progressing well but he won’t be available. He’s still with the medical team.”

Praet?

“He’s back in training with the squad. His first day this morning. We’ll see how he is after the session.”

KDH?

“He’s not back yet either. He won’t be training tomorrow, it’ll be some time next week. You miss the energy that he brings to the game. Since he came in, he’s brought a real enthusiasm. He loves the club and you see that in his game. He has that ability to keep going. He is a miss when he doesn’t play but we can’t think about that.”

Any other injuries?

“Ayoze we have to keep an eye on after the game the other night.”

This weekend after Newcastle?

“It’s the perfect type of game after the midweek. Our effort and commitment was ok, but you need to have more quality and we didn’t have that. We move into the next game. We’ve got a great game at the weekend. We played very well a few months ago, we know it will be tough going there. Need to show mettle going there. You need to match everything in terms of duels and being competitive to get a result.”

Home game was turning point?

“It definitely was. We’d been disappointed up to that point. The break gives a chance to reset and that then started a run of games where we looked much better. We’ve picked up injuries since then.”

Transfers?

“The club are working hard in order to do that. Hopefully we’ll have news of that in the future.”

Transfers would help squad?

“It always does, that freshness and continuation of progress. The squad will be better for it. Hopefully we can get some of the injured boys back in the next few weeks and that will help us.”

Forest?

“I think with Steve, there was a lot of change in the summer. With the players coming in, that always takes time, the balance. It’s finding a way to win in the Premier League. That opening period was difficult but they look like they’ve found a settled team. A lot of the new players coming in have adapted better. They will feel they are a different team. Whatever team and whatever shape, we will be ready.”

Game matters?

“It definitely does. I sensed that last year, and then the home game, the atmosphere was fantastic. I sense around this part of the world it’s a very big game and we respect that.”

Chats with Martyn Glover?

“The communication is fine. There’s lots of dialogue. I was with him this morning for an hour. I’m sure we’ll get some players in. It’s always (productive).”

Still thinking of last year's game at Forest?

“It always bothers you when you lose. You have to get over that. It’s part of the learning. Derby games are always passionate and we came out the wrong side of that convincingly last year. We had to learn from that and you saw the response in the home game. It’s now not new for a lot of the players. We have to bring our level to it.”

He gets such an easy ride from the press, why is no-one asking the important questions... why are you such a c*** Brendan?

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

Barnes out and 352. Has to be

As much as I am not a huge fan of 352, I think with the injuries and this match it is our best chance.

Ward

Soyuncu

Faes

Amartey

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Mendy

Albrighton

Iheanacho

Daka

Maybe even have the balls and throw Braybrooke in but I doubt Brendan would do it. Bench will be weak with only really Barnes and Vardy to change things up so the First XI must power.

7 minutes ago, Rendon Bodgers said:

Hello everyone, just thought I'd have a little look on here to see how you're all feeling pre match. Blimey, bit dark isn't it. 

You seem to think Forest will win, it's likely butv we all know how unpredictable football csn be. 

FOAD you Irish midget fùck!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Brendan Rodgers Pre-Match Press Conference vs Notts Forest

Maddison?

“He’s progressing well but he won’t be available. He’s still with the medical team.”

Praet?

“He’s back in training with the squad. His first day this morning. We’ll see how he is after the session.”

KDH?

“He’s not back yet either. He won’t be training tomorrow, it’ll be some time next week. You miss the energy that he brings to the game. Since he came in, he’s brought a real enthusiasm. He loves the club and you see that in his game. He has that ability to keep going. He is a miss when he doesn’t play but we can’t think about that.”

Any other injuries?

“Ayoze we have to keep an eye on after the game the other night.”

This weekend after Newcastle?

“It’s the perfect type of game after the midweek. Our effort and commitment was ok, but you need to have more quality and we didn’t have that. We move into the next game. We’ve got a great game at the weekend. We played very well a few months ago, we know it will be tough going there. Need to show mettle going there. You need to match everything in terms of duels and being competitive to get a result.”

Home game was turning point?

“It definitely was. We’d been disappointed up to that point. The break gives a chance to reset and that then started a run of games where we looked much better. We’ve picked up injuries since then.”

Transfers?

“The club are working hard in order to do that. Hopefully we’ll have news of that in the future.”

Transfers would help squad?

“It always does, that freshness and continuation of progress. The squad will be better for it. Hopefully we can get some of the injured boys back in the next few weeks and that will help us.”

Forest?

“I think with Steve, there was a lot of change in the summer. With the players coming in, that always takes time, the balance. It’s finding a way to win in the Premier League. That opening period was difficult but they look like they’ve found a settled team. A lot of the new players coming in have adapted better. They will feel they are a different team. Whatever team and whatever shape, we will be ready.”

Game matters?

“It definitely does. I sensed that last year, and then the home game, the atmosphere was fantastic. I sense around this part of the world it’s a very big game and we respect that.”

Chats with Martyn Glover?

“The communication is fine. There’s lots of dialogue. I was with him this morning for an hour. I’m sure we’ll get some players in. It’s always (productive).”

Still thinking of last year's game at Forest?

“It always bothers you when you lose. You have to get over that. It’s part of the learning. Derby games are always passionate and we came out the wrong side of that convincingly last year. We had to learn from that and you saw the response in the home game. It’s now not new for a lot of the players. We have to bring our level to it.”

Pictures of those in attendance at this presser:

:appl::yesyes::worship:

• Like 1

The timing of this game is clearly far from ideal. We've not continued with the pre-WC form and the frustration continues with injuries. As for Forest, they've just reached the League Cup semi-finals and seem to have really gotten things together recently. So they will be going into this one full of confidence, the exact opposite to us.

56 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

I'd play a 3-5-2. Let's utilise Castagne strength of being an attacking wing back and RWB suits albrighton who can also put in a good delivery.

Let's start of solid at the back and build on that.

Ndidi to just sit when the wing backs go forward and play that holding role.

Mendy to keep things ticking over and that lets youri opportunity to create 

Then allows a front two of Nacho and Daka. Nacho can link midfield to strike and gives us two up  top and opportunity to press high.

Barnes is woefully off form and better as an impact sub against tired legs. Not sure if this is the right game for Braybrooke but I'd be looking to give him the chance sooner rather than later.

Ward

Castagne (LWB)

Faes

Soyuncu

Amartey

Albrighton (RWB)

Ndidi

Mendy

Tielemans

Daka

Nacho

Fully agree with this. If Perez is fit I'd  swap him for Daka but otherwise definitely the best team to play.

43 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Barnes cannot play in this. Has to be 2 up top. 

Could he play centrally as part of a front 2? I know he hasn't played there much and his form has dropped off a cliff since the World Cup, but his pace is a real threat and he is our second top scorer after Maddison. When goals have dried up, can we afford to leave him out? 

All that said, giving him a kick up the proverbial by dropping him to the bench could be just what he needs to jolt him back into form. A highly motivated Barnes would potentially be a very good option to bring on against tired defenders for the last 30 minutes. 

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

As much as I am not a huge fan of 352, I think with the injuries and this match it is our best chance.

Ward

Soyuncu

Faes

Amartey

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Mendy

Albrighton

Iheanacho

Daka

Maybe even have the balls and throw Braybrooke in but I doubt Brendan would do it. Bench will be weak with only really Barnes and Vardy to change things up so the First XI must power.

Yes. This (maybe Vardy in for Daka)

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Yes. This (maybe Vardy in for Daka)

Vardy in for Daka, but yes, I agree, this would be my team too.

I would really like Rodgers to pair Vardy and Iheanacho for this - they seemed to play well at times in 20/21.

I am slightly unclear as to why he stopped playing them together.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc